Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2019, 05:54 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Is it any gear? I sometimes shoot with an Olympus stylus 1s. Also I am doing the single in but I often have too many shots I like so, yeah, count me in
I shoot mainly my Canon M5, and Oly EM10/2.

Anything goes,

I am in too =)

07-29-2019, 11:23 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Should I, shouldn't I? Heck, i may suffer from withdrawal symptoms. Hopefully things will be less hectic now that the team from the USA has left.
Themes-interiors, in the kitchen, Cake/Confectionery/Sweets
07-29-2019, 07:09 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in. I do want to sincerely apologize for not having the time time to post comments and thank yous. I am hoping things will lighten up at my end in the next month so I can be a bit more active again. Regardless, I'm committed to shooting and posting. Know that all the comments are appreciated at my end - even if I have not had time to reciprocate.
07-30-2019, 03:39 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
the kitchen, Cake/Confectionery/Sweets
...These are a few of my favorite things...

07-30-2019, 11:25 AM   #20
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
...These are a few of my favorite things...

07-30-2019, 01:57 PM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in. Hopefully I've got my depression under control, it blindsided me in mid June and I've been in unfortunate shape since then. I'll be trying to post shots at least 4-5 times a week. Yeah, I know 7X would be better but I'm trying to keep my goals reasonable.
Theme Days: Here are a few themes I'd like to see: Abstracts, Backlit but NOT silhouette, Multiple exposure, Reflections, Ruins, Geometric Patterns, Texture, Architecture, Landscapes. That's enough suggestions from me, anyone else want to chip in on either my ideas or your own?
NaCl(strange to suggest themes when I usually forget about them)H2O
07-30-2019, 03:51 PM - 1 Like   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Did we ever do a Square Crop theme? It's funny that was once the standard for shots, but less common now. It is interesting how it can change the composition, or the final result's effect/

07-31-2019, 06:22 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Did we ever do a Square Crop theme? It's funny that was once the standard for shots, but less common now. It is interesting how it can change the composition, or the final result's effect/
Square crop is a good idea. Should be interesting. And I've never seen it as a theme before
NaCl(different is almost always good)H2O
07-31-2019, 12:52 PM - 2 Likes   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
In with a new lens every day
07-31-2019, 02:33 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So...are we all doing the square crop deal or just those who want to?
07-31-2019, 02:57 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
So...are we all doing the square crop deal or just those who want to?
Todd has listed all the themes and dates, including square crop, in the first post of this thread. They are all optional.
07-31-2019, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Todd has listed all the themes and dates, including square crop, in the first post of this thread. They are all optional.
Ok, the themes are filled in. Last time I looked they weren't. Got it. Thanks as always Rod.

BCB
08-01-2019, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #28
Pentaxian

Well, I got a sign about DIC this month, but I'm not sure whether it's a participate dammit or go find another hobby sign. I work from home, sitting in a chair first thing in the morning, barely a third of my first cup of coffee down and a huge bald eagle landed in a tree about 50 yards outside my living room window. So, I jumped up, ran to get my camera, and I had a 70mm lens on that I was playing with yesterday (M50f1.7 + 1.4xS.... I'm unnaturally fascinated with focal lengths between 50-85 for some reason). I managed to get one shot off, then grabbed the 400mm lens, put it on, he was gone. I'm afraid to even look at the shot I have... as I might have blown an excellent opportunity unlikely to happen again. The disadvantage of a collection of lenses without zooms makes itself evident, albeit it is rare that I am unable to adapt. So, as The Clash (and later, Weird Al Yankovic) once asked, 'should I stay or should I go?'
08-02-2019, 02:41 PM - 1 Like   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's Saturday morning for me and Flickr is refusing to load comments for any images. If it doesn't return to normal soon, it will be much later today before I can comment on posts.
08-02-2019, 04:24 PM - 1 Like   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
It's Saturday morning for me and Flickr is refusing to load comments for any images. If it doesn't return to normal soon, it will be much later today before I can comment on posts.
Same here.
Now I pay for the service it gives regular problems.