Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 80 Likes Search this Thread
08-07-2019, 05:19 AM - 1 Like   #46
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
Well I don't think I am going to beat this one anytime soon, yesterdays shot hit explore this morning straight in at number 1 and has stayed there so far.
Pretty chuffed with that!
deadly shot!

08-07-2019, 05:22 AM - 2 Likes   #47
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Well I don't think I am going to beat this one anytime soon, yesterdays shot hit explore this morning straight in at number 1 and has stayed there so far.
Hah, congrats! I think I've made top 100 once or twice, but nowhere near the top. Will be interesting to see where that one will stop

Boom!
08-07-2019, 05:27 AM - 2 Likes   #48
Pentaxian

Thanks, yea I knew it was high when I had 80 odd faves before it was even picked up by scout. Just had a look on the explore page now and its right there at the top, I feel like I've won at flickr!
08-07-2019, 07:16 AM - 2 Likes   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I forgot to mention that my lilies from Saturday hit 'explore':

Congrats to you as it's a wonderful image.

---------- Post added 08-07-19 at 07:16 AM ----------

Wow, way to go seriously! I thought about this again and personally I'm just happy to make it into explore but to hit #1 is just amazing.

Last edited by blackcloudbrew; 08-07-2019 at 05:30 PM.
08-07-2019, 07:51 AM   #50
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks, yea I knew it was high when I had 80 odd faves before it was even picked up by scout. Just had a look on the explore page now and its right there at the top, I feel like I've won at flickr!
...and now you've passed my most "faved" image - and counting
08-07-2019, 02:00 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hehe - Enjoy the ride!
08-07-2019, 02:34 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wow! Awesome. congrats!!

08-07-2019, 07:52 PM - 2 Likes   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

heading to conference tomorrow but i should have time to shoot, post and comment. if i don't in the bext few day, i'll catch up.
08-08-2019, 06:21 AM - 1 Like   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Going on a 4 day road trip today. I should be able to post but I'm not really sure. So, I'll be shooting but likely spotty on posting.
08-08-2019, 11:49 AM - 3 Likes   #55
Pentaxian

Well flickr was a bit mental yesterday, more than doubled my previous most faved image, brought some 60 thousand viewers my way and loads of new followers to boot. I don't think I missed any comments from here amongst all the noise and am glad the image seemed to strike a chord, thanks all.
08-10-2019, 03:32 AM - 1 Like   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Back for t he week. should be getting some good pix this weekend. Last week I was far too busy. Hopefully I will catch up on commenting , at least
08-13-2019, 07:05 PM   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

got my shot posted. i'll catch up with comments tomorrow.
08-14-2019, 07:22 PM - 2 Likes   #58
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not much shooting this week, not really inspired and far too busy. I did spend some time reviewing and culling 4 years worth of Flickr uploads. I kept the Explored shots, photos with a lot of good comments, and a few personal favorites.
it was good to review these pictures, to see if I have common themes, or bad habits. Now that time has gone by, I could look at some of the pictures I thought were really good, but had gotten little to no response, and analyze where they objectively fell short of what I would consider an image worthy of a fave or a comment.

IN any case, August is a month where I am enervated by the heat, and the doldrums of late summer. I will perk up in September, when cooler weather hints at the arrival of autumn, my favorite time of year. It's also the time when I need to assemble my submission to the annual calendar contest. I feel I have a few very worthy shots this year, and I have about two more weeks to brainstorm a few idea and scout out several locations for a few more pictures.
08-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Not much shooting this week, not really inspired and far too busy. I did spend some time reviewing and culling 4 years worth of Flickr uploads. I kept the Explored shots, photos with a lot of good comments, and a few personal favorites.
it was good to review these pictures, to see if I have common themes, or bad habits. Now that time has gone by, I could look at some of the pictures I thought were really good, but had gotten little to no response, and analyze where they objectively fell short of what I would consider an image worthy of a fave or a comment.

IN any case, August is a month where I am enervated by the heat, and the doldrums of late summer. I will perk up in September, when cooler weather hints at the arrival of autumn, my favorite time of year. It's also the time when I need to assemble my submission to the annual calendar contest. I feel I have a few very worthy shots this year, and I have about two more weeks to brainstorm a few idea and scout out several locations for a few more pictures.

With only four pages to view I flipped through your culled offering.. have you isolated what resonates? I went througha couple years of poor shooting frequency. I lug my K-1 and a selection of lenses everyday but I found I'd go for a week and make only a handful of shutter activations. My 365 project was a way to "get at it"

A few things I have gathered after hanging around here for nearly a decade.

1) The Red Rule is always in effect
2) Great Light + instersesting subject = Win (the opposite of that is that an interesting subject in poor light, or great light illuminating a mundane object just doesnt compell any response)
3) People doing things make great interesting subjects - particularly when you see their face
4) Surrealistic PoV - something different than the casual observer might see always causes people to pause and look.

So I've tried to make photos with people in them, tried to create interesting illuminated subjects, and where ever possible a little humor as this is the best way to invoke a response from viewers.. The internet is filled with pretty pictures, and even more poor photography. I may not be successful in hitting these simple rules, but I feel if I make an effort to tick a few of those boxes, I'll have greater success.

Anyway - the fact that you are examining your photography means you'll come to your own conclusions - It would be great to read your thoughts if you cared to share... or any of our other daily regulars who want to share a philosophy on photograpy...

I'm off to the ball park again.. TTFN!!
08-18-2019, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #60
Pentaxian

Completely switched off photographically speaking this weekend, just haven't had the motivation. Will come back fresh tomorrow.

I have just been having a look through my last years photos trying to select some to enter in our towns little summer show next weekend, the pressure is on as I won best in show last year and I need to defend my title!

I do find it difficult however to go back and critically review and select from my own work, there was a few back in the winter snows that stand out in my mind as well as a foggy deer scene, and I was thinking the minimal rocks in the stream that hit explore last week would be good for the black and white class.
Decisions decisions...