Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 80 Likes Search this Thread
08-25-2019, 08:11 AM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well a top explore image should win prizes. Congrats.

08-26-2019, 03:14 AM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was in Philadelphia over the weekend with the FA 24-90mm, in lieu of the FA 77mm. Great lens on the K-1, and Philadelphia is rich in architecture and street photo opportunities.. Got home late, will post a few on Monday or Tuesday.

---------- Post added 08-26-19 at 06:16 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
otta say that's a better result than the good explores I've had recently.
Good on you, Congratulations!
08-26-2019, 08:36 AM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@graeme83 who did your printing? Congrats on the recognition - well deserved.
08-26-2019, 09:33 AM - 2 Likes   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
@graeme83 who did your printing? Congrats on the recognition - well deserved.
I sent it out to Harman Labs (Ilford) who use one of those fancy laser exposure onto traditional black and white paper type of printer. Glossy paper for some extra bling of course.
Think Harman have a US presence but if not plenty of places offer the same prints. It's the way to go with black and whites as it's true greyscale, no hints of any colour no matter how subtle.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

08-26-2019, 07:46 PM - 2 Likes   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Daily in September 2019 - discussion thread - PentaxForums.com
08-28-2019, 09:32 PM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Gack! No photos today. I'm getting that burnt out feeling at the end of the month again. Tomorrow's another day though.
09-02-2019, 08:23 AM - 3 Likes   #82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
wanted to put some of my experiences and thoughts here from August DIC. First, great shots everyone ... I find a lot of inspiration from viewing and commenting on each others work. Second, I chose to shoot with the Rollei, HFT Planar in the final days of August because I thought it rendered a lot of vivid contrast color. Unfortunately, the lens itself has some issues with the focus ring and slips with my close ups : (
I think another aspect I discovered about my personal style is I gravitate toward warmer tones and I think I'm becoming a minimalist, on all levels of my life. Maybe because, in my personal life I am trying to rid myself of the clutter and chaos that comes with it. Anyway, Thanks everyone, especially Todd, for keeping the DIC going.

09-02-2019, 02:53 PM - 1 Like   #83
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cg57 Quote
.... Thanks everyone, especially Todd, for keeping the DIC going....
Yes indeedy. He's a reliable and gentle whip cracker . I find the themes are particularly helpful in overcoming "loss of mojo" episodes by encouraging me to address more diverse techniques and subjects. Thanks too, to everyone for your views and comments - and for tolerating my occasional longwindedness .
09-02-2019, 03:46 PM - 1 Like   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
- and for tolerating my occasional longwindedness .
I enjoy your in depth descriptions. ps, I'm dedicated to picking up another camera for infrared conversion ... sigh, soon!