Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 137 Likes Search this Thread
09-16-2019, 08:53 PM - 2 Likes   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Single In - September 2019

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
More typically problem is noticed when first or couple shots are totally black. For awhile it will work so that you take few warm up shots to get camera going, but eventually the aperture stops working. Unfortunally just a matter of time, so you better start to prepare for the future.

K-30 will continue to work with lenses where you can set aperture from the ring. I still got mine and use it occasionally. Mine got the ABF 3 or 4 years ago. My plan was to go on with K30 and manual lenses to minimize the cost needed to keep camera running. My plan backfired a bit and I ended up hoarding lenses, upgrading software, shooting daily and acquiring several newer bodies. Simple upgrade would've been a lot cheaper

There is also a repair option and it's not even expensive if you do it yourself, but I suggest leaving K30 as manual body and upgrade something nice for yourself. It's always fun. K3, K70, KP or K1 depending on how much you can spend.

Plan is KP at Christmas-time. Need to actually start getting some income from the practice (all major outgoing/setup costs should be dealt with now), then it’s new camera time.

And yeah, I’ll probably just leave my M42 adapter on the K30 then

09-16-2019, 11:19 PM - 1 Like   #77
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Plan is KP at Christmas-time. Need to actually start getting some income from the practice (all major outgoing/setup costs should be dealt with now), then it’s new camera time.

And yeah, I’ll probably just leave my M42 adapter on the K30 then
Sounds like a good plan. Your K30 might even get you there, as the problem is still in such early stages. Just set the camera on high burst, make a habbit of taking 2-3 shots every time and you'll be fine for awhile.

And it's wise to stay away from FF. I'm seriously starting to miss second FF body
I have K3 coming as a medicine. I'll get it in the end of October. I hope it compliments K1ii as well as Normhead claims and I manage to avoid spending more
09-18-2019, 10:38 AM - 2 Likes   #78
Pentaxian

Sorry about dropping off a bit. Was out of town visiting friends, and did a little backpacking in the John Muir wilderness. Of course brought along the K1 and 43.
09-18-2019, 05:09 PM - 1 Like   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hey all - last Friday, my oldest daughter was admitted to the hospital in her town (90 minutes away) without warning. We've spent a good chunk of our time, since then, visiting her in the hospital and helping care for her after she was released Sunday evening. It's been a trying time. I'm probably out for the rest of the month, but I'll try to slide some shots in when I can, for sanity's sake.

09-18-2019, 11:48 PM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Hey all - last Friday, my oldest daughter was admitted to the hospital in her town (90 minutes away) without warning. We've spent a good chunk of our time, since then, visiting her in the hospital and helping care for her after she was released Sunday evening. It's been a trying time. I'm probably out for the rest of the month, but I'll try to slide some shots in when I can, for sanity's sake.
Glad to hear she is out of hospital, keep up the sanity when you can
09-19-2019, 12:01 AM   #81
Pentaxian

Really distressing time. I hope she’s ok. Take care of you and yours
09-19-2019, 12:30 AM   #82
Pentaxian

I hope she is on the mend now and it's nothing that can't be overcome. My best to you and yours and wishing her a speedy recovery.
Take it easy, health and family come first.

09-19-2019, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #83
Pentaxian

Uploaded my entries for the 16th and 17th just to give everyone a heads-up. Became a 'Judas' yesterday and went for the M50/1.4 I recently acquired over the Auto-Tak so nothing to show for the single-in yesterday... whoops!
09-24-2019, 01:10 AM   #84
Pentaxian

Been inadvertently slacking on the single-in front the past half a week or so. Will be forcing myself back into it today.
09-24-2019, 08:34 AM   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dropped out for some days, now try to move on and keep shooting (was not able to take my camera on a short trip)
09-25-2019, 08:36 AM - 1 Like   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
October thread is up:

Single In October 2019 - PentaxForums.com
09-25-2019, 08:45 AM   #87
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

awesomeness....
09-26-2019, 11:17 AM - 1 Like   #88

Off to Ireland tonight for a long weekend helping to clear out a house. I should get a chance to take some photo's, but no internet, so will have to catch up on Tuesday.
09-29-2019, 03:34 AM - 2 Likes   #89
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Returned home just after midnight, so many pictures to download, sort, cull, process, and upload. Boston and Cape Cod offered so many wonderful subjects, and I spent a lot of time walking all over and finding new subjects as well. The weather was perfect, I spent a lot of wonderful hours with friends, and I return home a bit tired but very happy. Pictures to follow.
09-29-2019, 11:32 PM - 5 Likes   #90
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm done with September. Quite happy with the month. I did manage to shoot every day, but had to go with easy safeties on some days. Didn't get the typical end of the month blues, but instead had a good run towards the end and felt my work improving. 28mm was too wide and yet not wide enough for me. I struggled with the FOV it offered. Somehow I find myself a lot more comfortable with 35mm.

The lens... Usable from wide open, but in typical way gets sharper when stopped down. For landscapes f5.6 is enough to provide corner sharpness, but there is some vignetting on FF even at f8. When set to infinity everything is sharp from around 3m at f8, so pretty easy to snap casual shots. Didn't push for starbursts as this lens is not as good on those as M28/2.8. Sharpness is good enough, but nothing to get stoked about.

Now that I'm done with this lens on SIC, I think I could put it on sale. I find both M35 lenses better for me. I think they perform better and, as I said, I like focal length more. If I keep 28mm on the shelf, it will be M28/2.8 due to better starbursts and PF performance, but even that would get in my camera bag only in rare occasions.

Wide open:

f4:

f5.6:

f8: