Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2019, 01:21 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I really need to find a workflow allowing me to be part, keep up and have fun with you guys.
I will give it another try. Mayne Single In can be a part for me to let go from lenses I really do not use that much.
I am currently absolutely torn between the Systems:
Pentax Super 110, Pentax Q, K-1, "Fullframe analog", 645NII, 6x7.
And then lenses... Oh My

08-28-2019, 03:39 AM - 4 Likes   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by willdmo Quote
I really need to find a workflow allowing me to be part, keep up and have fun with you guys.
I will give it another try. Mayne Single In can be a part for me to let go from lenses I really do not use that much.
I am currently absolutely torn between the Systems:
Pentax Super 110, Pentax Q, K-1, "Fullframe analog", 645NII, 6x7.
And then lenses... Oh My
I have been involved with the Single In challenge for about 4 years, there is no limit to how long you participate, or in what order you use any camera and lens combo, the idea is to pick one combo, and take one shot each day. So pick one, and begin. It may take a year or two for you to go through everything you won, but even after one month of using the same combo every day, you have a good idea of what equipment is really right for you.
For me, it's better to have one camera and one lens combo that I know the performance and results of under a wide variety of conditions, rather than having a lot of gear "just in case" the right situation occurs. So pick a combo and begin.

Workflow? While we all strive to put forth the best image possible, we all have lives, jobs, families, etc. I don't know that many of us have hours to spend in Photoshop.
I doubt I take more than 15 minutes to download, sort, cull, select, process, and post my SIC image each day. Yes, sometimes it shows, but the idea is to get something posted every day, not perfection, just consistency.
OF course, it helps to take fewer shots each day, less to sort out.
I do need to develop a mobile workflow, because I spend 50% of the month away for business. On those trips, I already have two work laptops, I am not dragging a third just to post pix in the limited time I have off-site at night. I must learn to use my old iPad or newer iPhone for processing and uploading.

I also find that SIC encourages me to think about locations, subjects, compositions, and if I can't capture it today, I'll try to get it tomorrow. The impetus to shoot everyday is usually enough to get me to try and capture something, anything, to meet the goal.
That same impetus also prompted me to coin the phrase: "Desperation Provides Inspiration " . I've tried some ideas for photos to meet SIC deadline that I would not have tried if I'd had more time. Some of those shots have really paid off in results. Even if they weren't' perfect, the resulting image gave me an idea of what might work if I had better prepared.
08-28-2019, 07:01 AM - 1 Like   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm not going to be able to play yet. Have to wait for cooler weather and lower humidity. Maybe in October, I'll have to see what it brings me here.
08-28-2019, 08:41 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
In. Taking requests.
Currently under consideration:

HD DA 10-17/3.5-4.5 Fisheye Zoom
C-mount 25/1.4
K 28/2.0 "Hollywood"
DFA645 35/3.5
FA645 75/2.8
DA* 50-135/2.8
FA645 120/4.0
FA645 150/2.8
DA* 60-250

Choices, choices....
Hollywood please , it's ready for it's close up Mr Demille

08-28-2019, 09:29 AM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Im in for a good old fashioned single-in-september. With something easy like the 43.
08-28-2019, 01:51 PM - 6 Likes   #21

I think I'll give this a first attempt - I need to spend more one-on-one time with the different lenses I've been accumulating. I'll try the A* 300mm f4 on the K-1.
08-28-2019, 03:08 PM - 2 Likes   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
With the waning of summer and the arrival of autumn, I should be more inspired to make images worth posting. Since August was a wash, I will use the FA 77mm on the K-1, a great combo. This last week of August should allow me time to calibrate it to the K-1 and really show it off to good effect. Also, I'm hoping to finally revisit my home away from home on Cape Cod for the first time in 76 years. I know I'll be making many, many images during that time.

I really need to get cracking on using my iPad for mobile processing and uploading. Time to step into the 21st century.

LR mobile is surprisingly good.

Affinity Photo likewise for more complicated stuffs

---------- Post added 29th Aug 2019 at 08:14 AM ----------

I’ll be in for September. Maybe my DA 50-200; I haven’t used that much for a while.

Dunno (but better decide soon...)

I’ve had my head and my time taken up with starting up private practice lately, and it no doubt shows in how little time I’m spending even on taking photos, let alone posting and commenting, which has been in quick bursts of a few days at a time. (Sorry...)

I’ve readied my letter (THE letter) and will be giving that to the director/s next week. Hopefully I can feel more settled then.

Workflow is quite important, and I should probably look to ways to improve that - and to fit it in. I used to take some time in bed, on the iPad - but I’ve decided my circadian rhythm needs me to do what I tell my patients to do, and avoid screens late at night.

Bletherbletherblether

tl;dr - In, maybe with DA50-200, I’m still trying to keep up.

08-28-2019, 09:30 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm out for September or at least I'm fairly sure I'm out.
08-29-2019, 11:04 AM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Count me in I know I did the 55-300 last month but I really fancy a month with the 50-200. Its another wr, its light, I have had some lovely shots from it and I have a hankering to bring out some silly filters, and that's much easier on a 49mm (or is it 52mm) thread
08-29-2019, 04:22 PM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
LR mobile is surprisingly good.
Affinity Photo likewise for more complicated stuffs
Thanks for the tips.

Though I was planning on the Fa 77mm, I might use the A 28-135mm Macro behemoth I purchased when I first owned a DSLR. IIRC, I have never used it with the K-1.
08-29-2019, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm in with the K-3 and the Tamron Adaptall 28A (28-135mm f/4-4.5). I used it last November, but apparently I wasn't consistent that month at all; not sure why (only 5 shots in the album). So I'll give it another try.
08-29-2019, 11:43 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

idea is to pick one combo
I totally got the idea.
Taking and working through pictures and post them is not the big issue, I simply might need to find a way to go quickly through all the new posts and leave likes and comments.
I think whatever I choose, it got to be transportable. I love the combination FA77 and LX, but then there is film development and scanning, which slows down

Last edited by willdmo; 08-30-2019 at 01:38 AM. Reason: spelling
08-30-2019, 01:46 AM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by willdmo Quote
I simply might need to find a way to go quickly through all the new posts and leave likes and comments.
That is a big challenge, I have trouble doing that as well.
08-30-2019, 02:28 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I forgot I also have a Ricoh Theta Z1, which I really need to get my head around.
Perhaps that should be September's project....
08-30-2019, 05:29 AM - 1 Like   #30
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I do need to develop a mobile workflow, because I spend 50% of the month away for business. On those trips, I already have two work laptops, I am not dragging a third just to post pix in the limited time I have off-site at night. I must learn to use my old iPad or newer iPhone for processing and uploading.
My solution is to have photo editor on my work laptop. I couldn't justify as powerfull and expensive computer just for photoediting, so it's also the best solution for me. Luckily we don't have strict company policy preventing me from installing whatever I want.