Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 137 Likes Search this Thread
08-30-2019, 05:32 AM   #31
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blamking Quote
I think I'll give this a first attempt - I need to spend more one-on-one time with the different lenses I've been accumulating. I'll try the A* 300mm f4 on the K-1.
Welcome to the challenge. M*300 was my first lens in SIC, which is basically same lens as the A version. Not the easiest start, but it was fun.

08-30-2019, 05:47 AM - 1 Like   #32
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by willdmo Quote
I totally got the idea.
Taking and working through pictures and post them is not the big issue, I simply might need to find a way to go quickly through all the new posts and leave likes and comments.
I think whatever I choose, it got to be transportable. I love the combination FA77 and LX, but then there is film development and scanning, which slows down
Digital camera might be easier on the first round.

Commenting done well is time consuming. When on limited time I easily reduce to simple oneliners just to let people know I've been there and at times just skip couple of days from commenting when just feels too much to fit in the schedule. Sorry, about that to everyone. Commenting is not a must in the challenge. More like a nice bonus.
08-31-2019, 04:01 PM - 2 Likes   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not paying attention to the calendar, I started using the SMC-A 28-135mm today. Great lens, but the MFD is at least ~36"1 meter when not in Macro. Missed a few good shots figuring that out. Still, I am looking forward to using this lens in September,
The lens is sharp, almost too sharp at f11 the woman behind my subjects is a distraction, IMO. School of Hard Nocks

The lack of autofocus encourage me to get my manual focusing skills back to a high level. I think it will be good for my photography to be forced to slow down and focus. That usually assist my composition as well. Knowing I'll have to be ready at the right moment in some situatiosn, it also forces me to pay more attention to opportunities, and "pre-compose" the shot.
It's a great, heavy lens, with a 77mm front lens, so I need to get a wider CPL. Fortunately, the new CaseLogic Holster bag easily contains this lens on my K-1.
08-31-2019, 06:35 PM - 3 Likes   #34
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've decided to take an easier option. I recently re-acquired a DA 20-40 Limited Zoom, some years after returning my underwhelming first copy. It seriously needs a workout.

I'll try to shoot some comparison shots with the K 28/2.0 where the focal length is appropriate.

08-31-2019, 08:34 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
..... I recently re-acquired a DA 20-40 Limited Zoom .....
I thought you'd learned that LBA requires careful thought before selling ...
09-01-2019, 12:01 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
I thought you'd learned that LBA requires careful thought before selling ...
Yes, many times. But that early DA20-40 was a genuinely bad copy, and it was returned for a full refund. And I had a DA*16-50 as well back then.

BUT, in other news, I have just successfully hacked my Sudden Death Motor DA*50-135 back to screw drive. Now to decide whether or not I really need to keep my DFA*70-200 and/or DA*60-250....
09-01-2019, 12:47 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Yes, many times. But that early DA20-40 was a genuinely bad copy, and it was returned for a full refund. And I had a DA*16-50 as well back then.

BUT, in other news, I have just successfully hacked my Sudden Death Motor DA*50-135 back to screw drive. Now to decide whether or not I really need to keep my DFA*70-200 and/or DA*60-250....
Umm yes you NEED to keep all of those lenses......... because, well just , because

09-01-2019, 01:12 AM - 1 Like   #38
Pentaxian

I think it’ll be the recently-acquired Auto-Takumar 55mm f/2.2 this month. I need to improve my manual focus and this will be a great inroads into that.
09-01-2019, 04:11 AM - 1 Like   #39
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I was at a loss at what lens to pick so I asked my random generator and it told me the use the Meyer-Optic Orestor 135mm F2.8 aka Bokeh monster. Hopefully my focus will return somewhat in September so I will start commenting on a more regular basis.
09-01-2019, 09:01 AM - 1 Like   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
I think it’ll be the recently-acquired Auto-Takumar 55mm f/2.2 this month. I need to improve my manual focus and this will be a great inroads into that.
That is a really lovely lens, one of my favs.
09-01-2019, 11:15 AM - 5 Likes   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wanted the very smallest package, but the shield lens still did not arrive for my Q. So I went with a much bigger lens. It is a Computer Telecentric lens, 55mm, F2.8

For all not knowing, a telecentric lens has its mathematical focus referenc in infinity and therefor can show in a limited area objects in their real size. The application for such lenses is industry measurements. it is a C-Mount lens.
I am curious, how it turns out over the month
09-01-2019, 12:35 PM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChatMechant Quote
That is a really lovely lens, one of my favs.
It surely does render beautifully. A gem for £20!
09-01-2019, 02:42 PM - 1 Like   #43
Pentaxian

Single In - September 2019

QuoteOriginally posted by willdmo Quote
I wanted the very smallest package, but the shield lens still did not arrive for my Q. So I went with a much bigger lens. It is a Computer Telecentric lens, 55mm, F2.8

For all not knowing, a telecentric lens has its mathematical focus referenc in infinity and therefor can show in a limited area objects in their real size. The application for such lenses is industry measurements. it is a C-Mount lens.
I am curious, how it turns out over the month

Sounds most intriguing. I certainly look forward to seeing the results.

After some second-guessing myself, wondering if I should re-do the Sigma 30mm without the jokers theme, I have started with the DA50-200. Had some flowers, then came lorikeets. Pretty happy with how they turned out - in the camera lcd... about to check them out on the iPad.
09-01-2019, 03:50 PM - 5 Likes   #44
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

September is always a special month for me, as far as the SIC goes - it's my anniversary shooting here!

way back in September of '15, I started this trek with youse guys.....

this has become my go-to method of lens evaluation, along with the camaraderie provided here...
09-01-2019, 08:18 PM - 2 Likes   #45

I have just acquired a Cosinon Auto MC 50mm f1.7 from a well known internet auction site for under £10, so that's this months lens. Looking forward to seeing what it can do.