Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 110 Likes Search this Thread
09-23-2019, 11:13 AM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Apologies in advance friends. My commenting and sometimes posting is likely to become somewhat irregular over the next few weeks as I explore more of Finland and England.

Notice how easily Daily in September rolls into October and then November and ....
No problemo! Safe travels!

09-23-2019, 01:48 PM - 1 Like   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Apologies in advance friends. My commenting and sometimes posting is likely to become somewhat irregular over the next few weeks as I explore more of Finland and England.

Notice how easily Daily in September rolls into October and then November and ....
Be safe and enjoy the sights and sites!
09-23-2019, 06:34 PM - 2 Likes   #63
Veteran Member

Looking forward to seeing some pics!

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Twist my arm why dontcha
Great shots!

Rod and Todd and anyone else who may want to visit Horseshoe Bend and the Secret Antelope Canyon here's a link below to the tours company we went through and a web review of them. They do small group tours of 12 to 14 people so you go through the canyon with that many people instead of 200 and have plenty of time to shoot and explore. their horseshoe bend viewing point is on private land near the crowded public access point. All in all highly recommended!

https://horseshoebendtours.com/

and:

https://www.thewanderinglens.com/horseshoebend-slot-canyon-tour-arizona/

Last edited by wstruth; 09-23-2019 at 06:54 PM.
09-25-2019, 06:53 PM - 1 Like   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

just catching up with some of the comments here. how awesome is your traveling! looking forward to posts... fyi, i finally picked up a mostly new or new sony a6000 and its kit lens. hoping to make it my IR dedicated camera if I can make non blurry shots with it. no ibis, only lens. I'm a bit spoiled now with the ibis, so .... Anyway, Happy travelling. Stay safe.

09-26-2019, 12:14 PM - 2 Likes   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Daily in October 2019 - discussion thread - PentaxForums.com
09-28-2019, 06:39 AM   #66
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been down and out with some rather unpleasant headaches these last couple of days. The intensity and nausea were well into migraine territory but I don't usually get them double sided. Back on my feet (although a bit shakily) now but might not get any pictures until tomorrow. Not really motivated for indoor photography, and definitely not motivated to go out in the pouring rain!
09-28-2019, 04:03 PM - 1 Like   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I've been down and out with some rather unpleasant headaches these last couple of days. The intensity and nausea were well into migraine territory but I don't usually get them double sided. Back on my feet (although a bit shakily) now but might not get any pictures until tomorrow. Not really motivated for indoor photography, and definitely not motivated to go out in the pouring rain!
The intensity and nausea were well into migraine territory
Forgive me for being bossy, but that'll be enough of that young man! Don't get those again!

09-29-2019, 03:29 AM   #68
Pentaxian

Take care!
09-29-2019, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Returned home just after midnight, so many pictures to download, sort, cull, process, and upload. I used my K-1, the Theta S, and my iPhone on this trip, as well. Boston and Cape Cod offered so many wonderful photo subjects, and the weather was perfect.
09-29-2019, 05:28 AM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Prayers for health. Migraines are horrible. My mom would get them and need to lay down in a dark room with a cold compress on over her eyes.
I get ocular migraines. No pain. just that jagged semi-circle that floats across my eyes anywhere from 15 to 30 mins.
09-29-2019, 05:38 AM   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hoping you’re feeling better..headaches of any sort can be debilitating...and migraines are the worst.
09-29-2019, 08:08 AM   #72
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Forgive me for being bossy, but that'll be enough of that young man! Don't get those again!
Yessir! No sir! Sir!

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Take care!
QuoteOriginally posted by cg57 Quote
Prayers for health. Migraines are horrible. My mom would get them and need to lay down in a dark room with a cold compress on over her eyes.
I get ocular migraines. No pain. just that jagged semi-circle that floats across my eyes anywhere from 15 to 30 mins.
QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
hoping you’re feeling better..headaches of any sort can be debilitating...and migraines are the worst.
Thanks, it's not happening very often, and usually just for a few hours. It still takes a while to recover, though. My brother suffers from severe and frequent attacks, 12-24 hours 2-4 times a week. I still don't understand how he copes. True grit, I guess. Anyway, my little headache isn't too much to complain over
09-30-2019, 07:36 AM - 1 Like   #73
Pentaxian

Nothing so far today and the weather forecast is very uninspiring this evening, day off and back at it in October I think.
09-30-2019, 11:22 AM   #74
Pentaxian

Yup. Flickr is acting up today, so no posting photos untill tomorrow. I'll try it again later today, but no big hopes on that

edit: it seems to work now

---------- Post added 09-30-19 at 21:25 ----------

Yessir! No sir! Sir!

Thanks, it's not happening very often, and usually just for a few hours. It still takes a while to recover, though. My brother suffers from severe and frequent attacks, 12-24 hours 2-4 times a week. I still don't understand how he copes. True grit, I guess. Anyway, my little headache isn't too much to complain over
My mother used to have something similar. SHe could have been down for 5 hours or 2 days. Then that just stopped all together, no more of those. Dunno why.

Last edited by repaap; 09-30-2019 at 11:44 AM.
09-30-2019, 11:57 AM   #75
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry to hear that Savoche! Sounds horrible! Strength to you and speedy recovery! And you'd know, a trip down south of the Equator would do a world of Good