Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108 Likes Search this Thread
10-02-2019, 07:45 PM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
I've inadvertently abandoned the WR capabilities and instead opted for the SMC-M 135mm f/3.5. I'm apparently a couple of steps behind the crowd as a few have used this over the last couple of months. I won't be able to hold a light to some of the pictures they've generated but I'm interested in seeing what I can do with it, or how my vision changes with respect to subjects.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Oh we’ll be very close - mine this month being the SMC Takumar 135/3.5

10-02-2019, 11:19 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
is the 75 2.8 really a big step up from the others or just folklore
Well, we have to consider two things here.
The 75mm F4.5 lens is perfect, almost no distrotion, hell of a sharp lens, the only downside is the F4.5
The 75mm F2.8 AL is: smaller somehow, lighter, equally sharp (always consider age and sample variation) and is F2.8
It has a bit distortion though. When you know that the AL is going vor $1000 and more, then you can simply say, contrasted to the existing F4.5 version, this price is not justyfiable. The lens is good, but in the end of the day a lens is only a tool and most jobs can be done with much simpler lenses.

So I can not tell you it is bad, nor can I say it is an automatic legend. It simply is a good lens and there are less around then people looking for them. The rest ist the market
10-03-2019, 04:08 AM - 1 Like   #48
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You can see it's raffle time on forum. Also I need to lower my posting standards

I believe SIC posts doesn't add to raffle count as they are sent under group? At least I feel like the those post doesn't increase my forum post count. Does anybody know for sure?
Maybe I play it safe and submit shots daily also to M club
10-03-2019, 04:14 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I believe SIC posts doesn't add to raffle count as they are sent under group? At least I feel like the those post doesn't increase my forum post count. Does anybody know for sure?
Our SIC posts definitely don't sum up with the rest, but I don't know the general rules

Maybe I play it safe and submit shots daily also to M club
What a brilliant idea

10-03-2019, 07:10 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
You can see it's raffle time on forum. Also I need to lower my posting standards

They don't. I think the initial announcement refers to this indirectly, but I remember it was the same last year as well. My theory is that the social groups are run (behind the scenes) via some kind of forum software add-on, and so don't "count" in terms of main-forum post tallies.
10-03-2019, 07:26 AM   #51
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
My theory is that the social groups are run (behind the scenes) via some kind of forum software add-on, and so don't "count" in terms of main-forum post tallies.
You're probably right.

No big deal. I decided to post my posts also to M club, so I get the postcount from this activity as well. I wouldn't mind owning DFA*50/1.4, but for sure won't be putting that money into it in near future. Got to get that 100 posts this month to enter the raffle. With normal SIC content I create I'm already half way there.
10-03-2019, 10:36 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You're probably right
But what you write "here", counts. So tell us your story

10-03-2019, 01:03 PM   #53
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by willdmo Quote
So tell us your story
Since you asked

I've been wanting to take a shot of this one, but haven't figured out how to turn it into decent shot. My sons room is the hottest in the house, as it's upstair and sun shines in from afternoon to evening. In early summer he escaped heat by moving to sleep on our balcony. For some reason we don't even have mosquitos there, so you don't need tent or anything there. I joined him there for the heatwave week and have to say it was real nice. At the end of the summer he improved the place by building a hut from plankets and chairs and other stuff and now he likes it so much that we haven't been able to convince him to move back in dispite couple of nights with zero temperatures. With two plankets it doesn't feel cold, he says. Just came back in from putting him to sleep outside.

We have kind of given up and are apparently letting him stay there until it starts to snow. Then we need to clear the balcony. I'm kind of proud of him, as I used to be an active scout when I was younger and have done my share of hiking
Too bad I can't do that anymore due to health reasons. It would be nice to teach him to survive in wilderness.
10-03-2019, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Theme days are now up in the event calendar. Sorry for not doing this sooner. First one is the 7th: PERSPECTIVE.
10-04-2019, 02:45 AM   #55
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Theme days are now up in the event calendar. Sorry for not doing this sooner. First one is the 7th: PERSPECTIVE.
Thank you, on the themes, I understand the b/selfie day is traditionally the 21st in honour of several snakes , could we perhaps consider asking for a vote on perhaps doing every second month? I seem to be too shy
Thanks Gary

---------- Post added 10-04-19 at 07:50 PM ----------

Well, we have to consider two things here.
The 75mm F4.5 lens is perfect, almost no distrotion, hell of a sharp lens, the only downside is the F4.5
The 75mm F2.8 AL is: smaller somehow, lighter, equally sharp (always consider age and sample variation) and is F2.8
It has a bit distortion though. When you know that the AL is going vor $1000 and more, then you can simply say, contrasted to the existing F4.5 version, this price is not justyfiable. The lens is good, but in the end of the day a lens is only a tool and most jobs can be done with much simpler lenses.

So I can not tell you it is bad, nor can I say it is an automatic legend. It simply is a good lens and there are less around then people looking for them. The rest ist the market
Thanks for trying to save me some money, but I guess I will keep looking for one that meets my low price requirements, one day I will get lucky, however searching for pentax 75 2.8 keeps coming up with 645 lenses rather than the 67

Thanks Gary
10-04-2019, 04:22 AM   #56
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Thank you, on the themes, I understand the b/selfie day is traditionally the 21st in honour of several snakes , could we perhaps consider asking for a vote on perhaps doing every second month? I seem to be too shy
I like this tradition and it's handy that it's 21st every month. Makes it easier to remember Selfies are still definitely a challenge to me, as I don't really do portrait work. Good practice. And from time to time I even get a good idea for the shot. Also it's nice to see who you shooting with. So I vote to keep going every month.
10-04-2019, 05:08 AM - 1 Like   #57
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
If Sandy could single with the GRiii could I try a month with the Ricoh CX3 that just arrived? I'm interested to know if I can live with a few year old point and shoot and see what I can get it to do.
Challenge accepted. As long as the membership will allow a late entry
10-04-2019, 05:23 AM   #58
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

the 21st for the Selfie/Belfie Day was a tradition borne of one our SIC member's birthday, if I remember correctly...
10-04-2019, 05:34 AM   #59
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Challenge accepted. As long as the membership will allow a late entry
Of course. Join the party.
10-04-2019, 07:03 AM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hope I can this month remember the themes in time...!