Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108 Likes Search this Thread
10-08-2019, 07:07 AM - 1 Like   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I've been getting a sense of deja vu, and just realised that I singled the GR III as recently as last April. I know there are many features on the K-1 I haven't even tried. I intend to change that habit in the near future.

It's way too soon for a repeat, so I'm going to bow out. Have fun storming the castle....
I'd think with all the features on the GRIII, you could make a go of it for several months.

Internet went dead on Sunday, now I am back and catching up.

10-10-2019, 05:48 AM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I'd think with all the features on the GRIII, you could make a go of it for several months.

Internet went dead on Sunday, now I am back and catching up.
Hi Rob, I can't comment on your photos, they don't have a link.
10-10-2019, 06:10 AM - 1 Like   #78
Pentaxian

Been a bit stuck with generating new photos the past few days. Nothing technical, or even time-constraining, just no drive right now. I'm sure that'll change soon.
10-10-2019, 07:33 AM - 2 Likes   #79
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Been a bit stuck with generating new photos the past few days. Nothing technical, or even time-constraining, just no drive right now. I'm sure that'll change soon.
Safety safety safety until the vibe returns, we all feel like that from time to time. Perhaps go back through your library and see what pictures talk to you, then try to follow that theme for inspiration

10-10-2019, 07:49 AM - 1 Like   #80
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Safety safety safety until the vibe returns, we all feel like that from time to time. Perhaps go back through your library and see what pictures talk to you, then try to follow that theme for inspiration
Great plan, and thanks for the guidance. It's very much appreciated! Theming would be good...
10-10-2019, 12:23 PM - 2 Likes   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
One thing I tried was familiar locations but from weird angles
10-10-2019, 02:45 PM - 1 Like   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I can't comment on your photos, they don't have a link.
Thanks, I fixed one shot earlier, I guess I will have to fix them all.

10-10-2019, 11:43 PM - 4 Likes   #83
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Safeties like Gary said. I'd like to add that posting bad shots is very motivating. At least I feel like I want to improve my work after I have had to send in a bad shot or couple
10-11-2019, 12:03 PM - 3 Likes   #84
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

That’s a really good idea

After so many years of daily shooting it seems to me just the way of things that there will be runs of safeties. I’ve come to accept it. And sometimes something cool then happens.

I think acceptance is the key, alongside persistence.
10-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

With me only being home only every other week, and the week away at the work site being very busy but weekends being full of image making, either late posts or safeties are the most common way for me to participate.
10-14-2019, 08:38 AM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Safeties like Gary said. I'd like to add that posting bad shots is very motivating. At least I feel like I want to improve my work after I have had to send in a bad shot or couple
lol, I like the idea of shaming myself to do better, after too many poor shots, very motivating
10-15-2019, 05:12 AM   #87
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I did some reading on internet and it seems my M100/4 has some haze in it on the inside of front element, which effect the contrast. Clearly visible when lit with flashlight from the rear. I have a feeling it's gotten worse from June 2018 when I shot this lens in SIC in APSC format. I remember it has always been bit on low contrast, but don't remember the los of constrast been this drastic when pointed towards the sun.

Here a shot from previous round for comparison:

Well, forecast for next 10 days doesn't offer any sun, so maybe I'm good for this month
10-15-2019, 09:37 PM   #88
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I did some reading on internet and it seems my M100/4 has some haze in it on the inside of front element, which effect the contrast. Clearly visible when lit with flashlight from the rear. I have a feeling it's gotten worse from June 2018 when I shot this lens in SIC in APSC format. I remember it has always been bit on low contrast, but don't remember the los of constrast been this drastic when pointed towards the sun.

Here a shot from previous round for comparison:

Well, forecast for next 10 days doesn't offer any sun, so maybe I'm good for this month
Have you thought of opening it up to clean, front elements are fairly easy to get to
10-15-2019, 10:15 PM - 1 Like   #89
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you thought of opening it up to clean, front elements are fairly easy to get to
I believe I'll do it eventually, but I'll go thru this month as it is. I can usually fix the lack of contrast well enough in PP.
10-20-2019, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #90
Loyal Site Supporter

Selfie day, hmm what to take?