Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 53 Likes Search this Thread
09-29-2019, 09:17 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Here is a suggestion for a Theme: Emulate a Famous photo...

Like Karsh’s Hemingway or Churchill

Ernest Hemmingway | Rachel Katz | Flickr

churchill karsh | B/N Face | Flickr

Doesn’t have to be Portrait but post your version and a link to the inspiration.
QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
That's a great idea Matt.
Yes! Indeed. This could be also good for Littellin PS magic -how to, part 1-

09-30-2019, 05:56 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

I'm in! I've mostly been lurking sine i got back from vacation. It's been busy, but I have mostly caught up on processing my vacation pics now.

How about High Key and Macro/close ups for themes?
09-30-2019, 07:54 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've been too fickle to complete a Single In lately, and too many lenses to play with. I think I'll try the Daily In, to try to do a photo a day. Not promising I'll finish!
09-30-2019, 08:52 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in. This time I will explore how the K-135mm f/2.5 and the A 50mm 1.7 match up with the K-1. I know I said I'd do that this month, but acquiring the Irix 150mm macro took up all of that time. I will admit that the Irix has helped me hone my manual focusing skills that will be a big help this month.

10-01-2019, 10:00 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm in. I'll continue to be late on many occasions, but I will make it!
10-04-2019, 05:25 AM - 3 Likes   #21
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

my sunset shot from the 2nd hit flickr's explore:

10-04-2019, 07:56 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Am I wrong, or does it seem like Flickr's uploading process is either darkening or lightening my black and white photos to an extreme. Very disturbing

10-04-2019, 11:38 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Haven't noticed any changes on my recent uploads, depending on the picture the background colour can have a marked difference to how it's perceived, maybe it's that?

10-05-2019, 05:45 AM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

Haven't noticed any changes on my recent uploads, depending on the picture the background colour can have a marked difference to how it's perceived, maybe it's that?
This is what I have noticed too.
10-06-2019, 02:46 AM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Woke up early, too early, but logged on to find one of my shots had hit Explore! wooHoo!
10-10-2019, 08:13 PM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
In some other "Well isn't this embarrassing" news.. I had a Helios 44-2 lens take a trip through the wash yesterday... I have two copies of this lens, and this was my first one that I havent used in a long time. I ended up getting a second copy after a couple/few years with the first copy, because the first had some unpredictable light leak/flaring type behavior that I couldn't figure out.

Since we moved this past July, this lens had been sitting in one of my camera bags on top of my dresser in my closet. I went into that bag after something else in a hurry maybe a week ago, and didn't button things back up in my haste. The lens seized opportunity to make its escape back to the Motherland, but only made it as far as the next prison in town, my laundry basket next to the dresser... I freaked a bit when first making contact with it in the bottom of the washing machine, thinking it was my preferred and better performing copy.... What a relief upon closer examination! And I am quite thankful it wasn't any of my more expensive lenses!

Anyhow, surprise surprise - there be water in that there lens! Aperture and focusing are still working smoothly (the soap probably helps) at this point in time. I'm just not all that interested in learning how to take this thing apart. I don't have tools for it, nor a good workstation situation for this task. Is there anybody here who might happen to be interested in acquiring this lens? I'm happy to ship it to you (from Arizona) free of any charge, unless the shipping turns out to be a significant amount, in which case we could discuss partnering in that shipping expense, or just forget it at that point....
10-11-2019, 01:55 AM - 1 Like   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
In some other "Well isn't this embarrassing" news.. I had a Helios 44-2 lens take a trip through the wash yesterday... I have two copies of this lens, and this was my first one that I havent used in a long time. I ended up getting a second copy after a couple/few years with the first copy, because the first had some unpredictable light leak/flaring type behavior that I couldn't figure out.

Since we moved this past July, this lens had been sitting in one of my camera bags on top of my dresser in my closet. I went into that bag after something else in a hurry maybe a week ago, and didn't button things back up in my haste. The lens seized opportunity to make its escape back to the Motherland, but only made it as far as the next prison in town, my laundry basket next to the dresser... I freaked a bit when first making contact with it in the bottom of the washing machine, thinking it was my preferred and better performing copy.... What a relief upon closer examination! And I am quite thankful it wasn't any of my more expensive lenses!

Anyhow, surprise surprise - there be water in that there lens! Aperture and focusing are still working smoothly (the soap probably helps) at this point in time. I'm just not all that interested in learning how to take this thing apart. I don't have tools for it, nor a good workstation situation for this task. Is there anybody here who might happen to be interested in acquiring this lens? I'm happy to ship it to you (from Arizona) free of any charge, unless the shipping turns out to be a significant amount, in which case we could discuss partnering in that shipping expense, or just forget it at that point....

I reckon you probably got a better outcome than when I put my first iPhone through a full wash cycle. I'd suggest that instead of forking out for postage, buy some basic tools and have a go at disassembly next rainy weekend - it's quite good therapy. Getting it back together again is even better ...
10-11-2019, 02:51 AM   #28
Pentaxian

I would agree with Rod on giving fixing it a go, but saying that if postage to the UK was reasonable I would happily pay and take it of your hands. Been wanting one of those to have a tinker with.

10-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
have a go
It's the right thing to do and I appreciate the suggestion, but pretty sure the lens would completely rot on the inside by the time I'd actually get around to it. If it was my only copy of the lens, it might have a better chance of happening.

postage to the UK
I will check it out and pm you.
10-12-2019, 03:54 AM - 1 Like   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote

You could always try setting it in bowl of uncooked rice .

Talking about lenses... I have decided that I hate Cameraville (a youtuber), PF's lens clubs, and probably Sandy Hancock. I CANNOT get the DA* 11-18 out of my mind! We just booked our vacation for the spring to the Scottish Highlands and we're gong to be blessed with a new moon that week. We'll be doing self driving tour out of Edinborough and maiking our way to the Isle of Skye and back again. It has the makings of landscape and night time photography bucket list trip. I know I'm making an excuse for LBA here, but it looks like my 12-24 and Rokinon 14mm will be used to partially fund it.