Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2019, 05:19 PM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Busy week, no shooting, but I did log in this forum and Flickr on my iPad, so in theory I can work and post while I am on business trips. We shall see. My Daily In shot from the 3rd hit Explore, and had a lot of views and faves, and earned me some followers, pretty nice.
Awesome! Congrats!!

11-08-2019, 01:19 AM   #77
Pentaxian

Nothing yesterday, just wasn't feeling it.

11-08-2019, 11:03 AM - 2 Likes   #78
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Going togive my DFA 28-105 a good whirl this weekend.. my copy doens not seem to suffer from this ’shake’ problem @28 mm when 1/15 handheld shot. Dunno, perhaps it is not good..?
11-08-2019, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Going togive my DFA 28-105 a good whirl this weekend.. my copy doens not seem to suffer from this ’shake’ problem @28 mm when 1/15 handheld shot. Dunno, perhaps it is not good..?
My DFA 28-105 performed flawlessly on my recent month-long trip to England and Finland. I took just over 3000 frames in that time, and I'm guessing over 90% were with that lens with no sign of "shake", even in long low-light, slow shutter speed conditions.

Conversely, I had a bit of a scare early this week when I had the manual M42 Soligor 28 mounted on the K1. Everything was fine early, but without warning after moving to another site, the LV image was dancing all over the place with disconcerting sensor rattling. I turned the camera off, took the fully charged battery out and then put it back, and not a hint of any problem since . I'm putting it down to errant camera behaviour, rather than lens.

11-08-2019, 01:36 PM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
My DFA 28-105 performed flawlessly on my recent month-long trip to England and Finland. I took just over 3000 frames in that time, and I'm guessing over 90% were with that lens with no sign of "shake", even in long low-light, slow shutter speed conditions.

Conversely, I had a bit of a scare early this week when I had the manual M42 Soligor 28 mounted on the K1. Everything was fine early, but without warning after moving to another site, the LV image was dancing all over the place with disconcerting sensor rattling. I turned the camera off, took the fully charged battery out and then put it back, and not a hint of any problem since . I'm putting it down to errant camera behaviour, rather than lens.
glad recovery went well! a scary moment indeed. Hopefully no more mishaps of that nature.
11-08-2019, 02:05 PM   #81
Pentaxian

After seeing your shots and that thing on your K-1, I pulled trigger. I’v been going back and forth about wether I should ’pull the trigger’ happy that I did.

Funny thing about those old lenses. Sometimes nothing, sometimes a lot of what a.. things. In cold and damp it goes even more so. Wonder if ’they’ are slowly pushing us towards modern lenses?
11-08-2019, 07:09 PM - 2 Likes   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bugger! Just checked the theme for today - "Into-the-light B&W" .... I did this yesterday!

11-08-2019, 07:33 PM - 2 Likes   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

well, I'm caught up for now ... AND leg one of my little sony trip is done. It was is delivered and well be converted sometime in the next 7 to 10 days! Woohoo!!
11-09-2019, 06:17 AM   #84
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm weaning myself off the FA 24-90mm zoom habit, but though the 50mm I am using for the SIC is a great lens, but I am so far away from certain things and can't get closer to them for a variety of reasons. Note to self, always bring a second lens, a telephoto, when shooting with a prime. Especially while travelling, in a car I am too far away from the things I want to capture.

I'd like a DFA 28-105, but my manual 28-135 really does cover that range already. I'm saving my pennies for a GRIII or a 645Z.

Then again, the DFA 28-105mm is WR, and full frame, so maybe...

Last edited by robgski; 11-09-2019 at 03:46 PM.
11-09-2019, 06:20 AM   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

the 50mm I am using for the SIC is a great lens, but I am so far away from certain things and can't get closer to them for a variety of reasons. Note to self, always bring a second lens, a telephoto, when shooting with a prime.
Teleconverter... It's in the spirit of the rules.
11-09-2019, 06:24 AM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Teleconverter
My 2x was damaged when my K=5 and 500mm Mirror took a tumble, I found a cheap replacement, I guess it is time to try it out.
11-09-2019, 06:32 AM   #87
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My 2x was damaged when my K=5 and 500mm Mirror took a tumble, I found a cheap replacement, I guess it is time to try it out.
When I shot a lot of single in I found a tc to be helpful to otherwise I'd be inclined to change lenses if you have the carry capacity and the lenses.
11-09-2019, 09:34 AM   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Bugger! Just checked the theme for today - "Into-the-light B&W" .... I did this yesterday!
I could have used an extra go. Got half way through my session this morning before realizing my K1 was in crop mode. Blame it on the Laowa that is still 18mm in crop haha. Well that and I hadn't any caffeine in me yet.
11-10-2019, 04:58 AM - 3 Likes   #89
Pentaxian

I'v been surprisingly bysy this weekend. Lot of performing, catching up with fellow puppeteers. I have shots, but have to wait untill I'm back home to be able to look at them properly. Feelings on about that 28-105 is quite good. Nice little thing. I walked about and took pictures in rain and moist mist, no problemo. It is not bokeh monster around 28 mm, but that is okay, because I did not expect that either. Happy that I bought it. high level 'kit' lens indeed.

goign to catch up tomorrow and day after that..
11-10-2019, 06:23 AM - 3 Likes   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I saw on Flickr Explore that Matt's shot yesterday 11.9 - Explore is #3! and Ron's First Snow is around #33! Awesome guys! Congrats and well deserved!!