Is #317 up yet?

12-06-2019, 12:46 AM   #17
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by veato Quote
Is #317 up yet?
Mate, in the past the host would send a PM to the person they selected but I don't know if that was done or not. To get the ball rolling again you could:
  • Send a PM yourself to the person the host of #316 nominated for #317 in order to remind them of the game's results; or
  • You could contact the host of #316 and ask them to follow up with the person they nominated and if that person fails to reply or declines the offer, nominate a new host for the next game.
From time to time life prevents people from committing to the game but with a little help from you the next game could be up in time for the weekend.

Tas
12-06-2019, 06:13 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I did PM him a couple of days ago, no reply, maybe someone else should take over now.
12-06-2019, 01:54 PM   #19
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tuggie76 Quote
I did PM him a couple of days ago, no reply, maybe someone else should take over now.
Might I suggest that for future challenges an additional comment be added to the originating post?

Currently it reads:
For the next host:
The Mediafire website is: mediafire.com
The login name is: ppchallenge@tmphillips.com
The password is: postprocessing

To which could be added:
'For those participating who cannot host the next challenge please state this with your submission.'
It's not much to add, more people can participate without committing to being a host and is what some people do anyway.

I offer the suggestion as the challenge is one of the gems of the forum for me. I don't always have a go but enjoy it immensely when I do.

Tas

12-08-2019, 12:22 PM   #20
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
To which could be added:

'For those participating who cannot host the next challenge please state this with your submission.'

It's not much to add, more people can participate without committing to being a host and is what some people do anyway.
Another addition could be to recommend nominating a runner-up to make it easier to keep things going.

Thanks, so did I. My apologies for not following up earlier, I've been away for a few days.

@tuggie76 would you mind hosting the next one?
12-08-2019, 07:01 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

#317 is sort of up...but, it lacks a link to download raw image.

Post Processing Challenge #317 - PentaxForums.com
12-09-2019, 02:32 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote

@tuggie76 would you mind hosting the next one?
I thought I'd answered this yesterday, my commitments over Christmas and New Years mean I won't be able to, after Jan 6th ' I'd be happy to.

12-09-2019, 02:45 PM - 1 Like   #23
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I thought I'd answered this yesterday, my commitments over Christmas and New Years mean I won't be able to, after Jan 6th ' I'd be happy to.
No problem, #317 is up. Just a slight misunderstanding on Kozlok's end.

And yeah, the next couple of weeks will be hectic.