Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 244 Likes Search this Thread
11-28-2019, 06:37 PM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
hmm December starts sunday already. Just posting so this thread turns up in my subscriptions.

11-29-2019, 08:21 AM - 3 Likes   #32
Veteran Member

Wow, look at all you people still at it! :-)

I took a little break from photography to handle some heavyweight personal life changes. I'm an open book and I won't make anyone wonder or ask: I left my husband, sold the house and moved to an apartment. I'm still not totally settled, but I'm unpacked enough emotionally and physically that I think I can take part in the time-honored Bokehcember tradition. I tried last December with the m42 Sears 55/1.4 and never saw it through (although I think I actually did get the photos...). I figure a nice, normal focal length with bokeh encouragement is a perfect way to ease back in to the game. :-)

I hope I remember which buttons to press! (Just kidding. I have still been taking headshots and event photos voluntarily for my law office job - I'm not totally out of practice.)
11-29-2019, 08:40 AM - 2 Likes   #33
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Yep, still here. Welcome back
11-29-2019, 09:34 AM - 2 Likes   #34
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

I took a little break from photography to handle some heavyweight personal life changes. I'm an open book and I won't make anyone wonder or ask: I left my husband, sold the house and moved to an apartment. I'm still not totally settled, but I'm unpacked enough emotionally and physically that I think I can take part in the time-honored Bokehcember tradition. I tried last December with the m42 Sears 55/1.4 and never saw it through (although I think I actually did get the photos...). I figure a nice, normal focal length with bokeh encouragement is a perfect way to ease back in to the game. :-)

I hope I remember which buttons to press! (Just kidding. I have still been taking headshots and event photos voluntarily for my law office job - I'm not totally out of practice.)

those are some serious changes.... welcome back!

11-29-2019, 01:14 PM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

heavyweight personal life changes.
Indeed. Large virtual hug sent.
Welcome home xx
11-29-2019, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian

Woah, Sara. That’s all massive.

Huge internet hug from me.

(Will be really glad to see you back here though)
11-30-2019, 04:58 AM - 1 Like   #37
Pentaxian

I didn't do a very good job in November... I'm going to try and do better in December but will be late starting while I wait for my new lens to arrive. I'm going to be using the K18/3.5 that I just ordered...

11-30-2019, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
I'm going to be using the K18/3.5 that I just ordered...
Oooh, that's a rare beast! Is it version 1 or 2?

And another participant in WIDE Christmas
11-30-2019, 01:25 PM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Oooh, that's a rare beast! Is it version 1 or 2?

And another participant in WIDE Christmas
The smc PENTAX version rather than the SMC one, although optically they are the same, I believe. I'm going to have to test it carefully because I think someone has opened it up at some point. Fingers crossed...
11-30-2019, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm unpacked enough emotionally and physically that I think I can take part in the time-honored Bokehcember tradition.
Welcome back, sorry it is not under better circumstances.

Maybe Wolfie Girl will make an appearance as well, a Single In reunion?
11-30-2019, 06:03 PM - 2 Likes   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster

Welcome back! Those are some huge changes. Wishing the best for you this holiday season, and beyond.

---------- Post added 11-30-19 at 07:06 PM ----------

I'm in this month with the SMC Pentax 1.4/50. Picked it up a few months ago at a garage sale, along with a near-pristine KM. It's in excellent shape and looks barely used.

Sorry for my intermittent participation in November. I ended up devoting a lot of time to a novel I'm writing (got 50k words generated, so I'm happy with the result).

Last edited by babywriter; 11-30-2019 at 06:09 PM.
11-30-2019, 07:23 PM - 3 Likes   #42
Pentaxian

In with the dfa 24-70 for an easy one. Hoping to be more of a participant this month, we'll see. Glad to see so many familiar names.
12-01-2019, 02:31 AM - 1 Like   #43
Pentaxian

It’ll be the D-FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro WR.
12-01-2019, 01:29 PM - 2 Likes   #44
Pentaxian

I have decided upon the Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135mm 1:2.5 six element version. And now for some pics...
12-01-2019, 02:24 PM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Geez, wide angles o 135s, I might have to change my plans...