Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2019, 03:29 PM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I missed yesterday, the 4th, but I got a quick shot today. Not the best but it's a shot!

12-10-2019, 06:49 PM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My mother is fading away, so I will miss some time and posts dealing with official matters.

She is 95 now and has to be the last surviving miners widow from the mine disasters here.

Its OK guys, and has been expected for some time now.
12-11-2019, 07:17 PM - 2 Likes   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

PENTAX 100 Years of History

If you'd like to view some pictures of Monday evening's celebration of this milestone in Sydney, BruceBanner has kindly put up this thread. If you get the impression we enjoyed ourselves, you're spot on
12-14-2019, 08:10 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zippythezip Quote
My mother is fading away, so I will miss some time and posts dealing with official matters.

She is 95 now and has to be the last surviving miners widow from the mine disasters here.

Its OK guys, and has been expected for some time now.
Prayers for you all. 95 years is a good long life on this earth. History of miners widows is incredible.

---------- Post added 12-14-19 at 08:16 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
PENTAX 100 Years of History

If you'd like to view some pictures of Monday evening's celebration of this milestone in Sydney, BruceBanner has kindly put up this thread. If you get the impression we enjoyed ourselves, you're spot on
nice thread--saw you in there!
I know of nothing in the states doing this.

12-17-2019, 06:35 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i seem to be a bit hit and miss. I got a shot for Sunday but it's on another card and it's getting late in the evening for me. Missed yesterday ... got a fair safety in today. Until tomorrow...
12-22-2019, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian At Large
Loyal Site Supporter

My trip to Great Falls National Park allowed me some great images with the the 50mm Macro, I uploaded to Flickr, now I need to put them on PF.

This lens is pretty amazing for detail work, but the focal plan gives it almost a tilt-shift effect, no matter what the f/stop is. On the other hand, it seems to make the most of whatever light is available.

It's is tricky for hand held Macro ,even with Catch-in Focus, the DOF is razor thin. That is to be expected, I just need to develop better technique.
12-22-2019, 01:11 PM - 3 Likes   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think having missed the last few days I am going to call it for the month, been an awesome year for me photoghically speaking with (in my opinion anyway) some of my best images so far. Mainly down to the continued pressure to produce something post worthy for the superb group of artists that regularly make up this group. Thanks for all the feedback and the great images to inspire. See you all in the new year!

12-25-2019, 06:00 AM - 2 Likes   #38
Pentaxian At Large
Loyal Site Supporter

I was looking through older digital photos at shots with my first non-P&S digital camera, purchased in 2007, the Panasonic DMC-FZ8. I had forgotten how many sharp images it could produce. I think I need to revisit it for Daily In. I need to try and recreate this image with the K-1 as well.

12-26-2019, 01:11 AM - 2 Likes   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

DAILY IN JANUARY 2020

The new Discussion Thread for Daily in January 2020 is here.

Please kick it off by indicating your interest in playing and feel free to nominate possible themes for Todd to select when he recovers from Christmas festivities
12-30-2019, 08:58 AM - 1 Like   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sorry i've been more miss than hit these past couple of weeks. I'll be trying to catch a shot to end the year on. Hope your Christmas and/or Chanukah was wonderful.
God's blessings to all. Bah-rukh.