Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2019, 07:20 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Post Processing Challenge #317

It looks like I'm hosting Post Processing Challenge 317. Challenge closes December 31. Sorry for being late, but I've been away for the birth of my new grand son.

I'm going to go with my favorite photo from my recent trip to San Francisco. Come on you creative types, show us what you can do! Download full res from my Flickr if you choose. This is processed, and I'll try to post a zeroed out version for you to start from on Monday.

12-08-2019, 07:13 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
And here it is, completely zeroed out, no watermark

12-09-2019, 11:31 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great photo! My try.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
12-12-2019, 07:31 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great fun! I went for a more dramatic look.

12-12-2019, 04:10 PM   #5

First attempt at a challenge, went for a tighter crop as I really liked the path to the bridge but not the car on the left.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
12-14-2019, 11:15 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Here's my version.

Last edited by jmacias; 07-06-2020 at 07:33 PM.
01-01-2020, 10:58 PM - 1 Like   #7
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Message to the next host

Hi and good luck to the forum members who gave this challenge a go.

#317 had a great image to work with and resulted in completely different versions submitted by those participating, and from which Kozlok will make a decision on for the host of PP Challenge #318.

With the challenge finishing soon I was hoping that the next host would adopt the methods normally used in the challenge, as noted in the originating post of PP Challenge #316. The image selected should be one you're okay with sharing the RAW version along with a jpeg.

I'd also recommend keeping the timing to approx a week to a week and a half if that is possible. That's not always possible of course but I think everyone's pretty flexible around here too.

I'm also happy to pull my head in if you disagree with the above or you think these suggestions are out of place.

Tas

01-02-2020, 12:29 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I would also like to offer a suggestion, and that's to move the Post-Processing Challenges to the Weekly Photo Challenges sub-forum, or some other forum where these challenges/contests aren't easily bumped to the second and third and even fourth page by threads that don't really seem to be mini-challenges, games, or photo stories. That might be easier said than done, but it seems to me that this particular "Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories" section of the forum is more of a general place to share images than it is anything else.

I don't have much time to participate in these, but I think they have value and I would hate to see them slowly fade into obscurity.

I've made this suggestion before and it seemed to fall on deaf ears. What do the rest of you think? Moderators???
01-02-2020, 02:27 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I really liked every one's submissions! Thanks for playing along. Sorry I didn't understand the rules very well when participating.

I think Lidy's submission was the most dramatic, so I'm going to choose it as the winner.
01-02-2020, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
I really liked every one's submissions! Thanks for playing along. Sorry I didn't understand the rules very well when participating.

I think Lidy's submission was the most dramatic, so I'm going to choose it as the winner.
Thank you so much, Keith, and OMG hosting the next challenge is scary! Give me some time to read the other posts and the rules, please. After that 'll do my best to find a picture you can work on.
01-05-2020, 05:39 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi guys, so sorry for the delay. It's been a couple of hectic weeks here.

Just a little bit more patience please, the files will be up in a couple of hours. Thank you for understanding!
01-05-2020, 07:31 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you all so much for your patience! The next challenge is up, please see here: Challenge #318 - PentaxForums.com