Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 97 Likes Search this Thread
12-27-2019, 09:24 PM - 3 Likes   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm in, as we kick off year five of the DIC.

12-28-2019, 03:49 AM - 3 Likes   #32
Pentaxian

Daily in January 2020 - discussion thread

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
I'm on around 20 months of posting in both Daily and Single. My tip is to always take at least 2 lenses with you and shoot lots.

Should start off ok then; we head to NZ tomorrow for two weeks. I’m taking the plastic fantastic, 16-45, and 50-200 - and I do anticipate shooting a fair bit

Last edited by Tsuken; 12-28-2019 at 03:37 PM.
12-28-2019, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, Hope that you lasses had good holidays! (I was working most of it, but never mind)

I'm going to join. It is going to be busy, but isn't it always the case anyway.

No plans, one day at the time. Hoping to get some shots on my ski and workshop and snow and ... couple days left untill it is the time to start up new year
12-28-2019, 05:58 PM - 1 Like   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Must keep going..... One more month to make the one year mark!

QuoteOriginally posted by zippythezip Quote
I have the DA18-135 which is my 50/50 lens as half the shots dont turn out, only lens I have that does this. I am willing to rebuy in the hope I get a good version.
My version does just fine on the K-S2. As others have said, check the focus calibration or look into warranty/service. Pentax quality control should not be so shoddy that your copy of the lens cannot get a good keeper rate. There is a flicker group dedicated to this lens that show numerous quality images at Flickr: The PENTAX-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR Pool

The 100 macro has already been mentioned - it's one of my favorites and certainly gets my vote, but don't overlook the host of legacy lens out there - so much to choose from. There are some high quality F & FA lens that can be found at second hand & pawn shops for well under value if you know what to look for, as well as keeping an eye open in your local buy, sell & trade sites. I've picked up several lenses this way and it's worth the time if you are on a budget.

I would love to do more than one challenge at a time, but I can't keep up on comments for people's images in this group, so until I can do that I will probably stick with a single daily in!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's images next month.

12-28-2019, 06:06 PM - 2 Likes   #35
Veteran Member

As opposed to the "Single in" challenge, I am much more interested in this challenge as I can change up my lenses with the same camera and even possibly use one of my other Pentax cameras.

I have never joined either challenge and would like to start here - so COUNT ME IN

The body of the KP. metal or plastic?
The Pentax KP has magnesium-alloy panels at front, back and on the bottom, relying on polycarbonate only on its top deck.

I was thinking the DA 16-85 and DA 55-300 PLM. 20-40 has me interested along with 100mm macro lens
I love my 55-300 PLM lens - the auto focus speed is so very fast. Some online reviews tell me the 16-85 isn't as good as others say so I have avoided this lens.
I have my eye on the 20-40 and I will probably get one myself sooner or later.
I have tried the 100mm macro and also the Tamron 90mm macro. I ended up keeping the Tamron and don't regret my decision.

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Theme days To be determined by Dear Leader Todd when he returns from Christmas festivities. For a short while it's a free for all to post theme suggestions for him to choose from .
My theme suggestions:
1) New & Old
2) Urban Exploration
3) Letters and/or Numbers
4) Social Issues
5) Textures
6) Sunsets & Sunrises/Sky and Clouds
7) Emotions
8) Graffiti
9) Architecture
10) Shaddows

I don't know if these are good suggestions or not. I just personally don't like to see something like "Winter" when it is not possible in the southern hemisphere at the same time as he northern hemisphere.
12-28-2019, 06:29 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Should start off ok then; we head to NZ tomorrow for two weeks. I’m taking the plastic fantastic, 16-45, and 50-200 - and I do anticipate shooting a fair bit
It seems heaps of people are off to NZ at the moment, we're heading there next week, so are a few others from work etc. I am looking forward to something different to shoot
Which island you going to?
12-28-2019, 08:39 PM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Grippy Quote
It seems heaps of people are off to NZ at the moment, we're heading there next week, so are a few others from work etc. I am looking forward to something different to shoot

Which island you going to?

North island for us. You?

12-28-2019, 10:09 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
North island for us. You?
Haha, North Island too, I've just been watching some vids for photogenic places, it seems the whole place is worthy.
12-29-2019, 04:30 AM - 1 Like   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VILLAINofOZ Quote
have never joined either challenge and would like to start here
Welcome, and enjoy. Yes, the DIC is the better challenge for those who like to use a variety of gear over a month. I look forward to seeing your pictures.
QuoteOriginally posted by Grippy Quote
It seems heaps of people are off to NZ at the moment
Would that I were one of them. I doubt 2020 will be the year, but I'm beginning the budgeting and planning for 2021.
I look forward to the photos both of you post, and any tips for touring as well.
12-30-2019, 09:01 AM - 2 Likes   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I going to try to be in. Apologies now for whatever days I may miss.
12-31-2019, 06:50 PM - 3 Likes   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Theme days
Here are my theme proposals.. Thanks to VILLAINofOZ for good suggestions...

Saturday January 4th - Color red
Sunday January 5th - Shallow DoF
Saturday January 11th - Shadows
Sunday January 12th - Urban Exploration
Saturday January 18th - Sunsets/Sunrises/Sky/Clouds
Sunday January 19th - Letters and/or Numbers
Saturday January 25th - Textures
Sunday January 26th - Emotions
01-01-2020, 01:46 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Here are my theme proposals.. Thanks to VILLAINofOZ for good suggestions...

Saturday January 4th - Color red
Sunday January 5th - Shallow DoF
Saturday January 11th - Shadows
Sunday January 12th - Urban Exploration
Saturday January 18th - Sunsets/Sunrises/Sky/Clouds
Sunday January 19th - Letters and/or Numbers
Saturday January 25th - Textures
Sunday January 26th - Emotions
These look good to me. Thanks for putting them together.
01-01-2020, 03:13 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks good to me too!
01-01-2020, 09:00 AM - 2 Likes   #44
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Cheers all!

Over the last few years, I noticed that I've gotten "lazier" and lazier with the use of "camera" built into the smartphone. Less demanding, there at any time, effortless... And with that, I also noted that I slowly drifted away from photography in general because of that... Changing it this year, I miss the camera and lenses, the feel, the touch and the shallow DOF that I love. Challenge from me to me this year, get re-acquainted with the camera gear.

Happy New Year all!

Regards,
D
01-01-2020, 09:34 AM - 1 Like   #45
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
Cheers all!

Over the last few years, I noticed that I've gotten "lazier" and lazier with the use of "camera" built into the smartphone. Less demanding, there at any time, effortless... And with that, I also noted that I slowly drifted away from photography in general because of that... Changing it this year, I miss the camera and lenses, the feel, the touch and the shallow DOF that I love. Challenge from me to me this year, get re-acquainted with the camera gear.

Happy New Year all!

Regards,
D
welcome back!