Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 181 Likes Search this Thread
01-17-2020, 04:26 PM - 3 Likes   #91
Veteran Member

Much different to our Aussie landscape. With the K3 and DA35mm, an awe inspiring view in NZ, Mt Tongariro National Park, Mount Ngauruhoe on the left and the big bugger with snow in it is Mount Ruapehu, both are active volcano. And of course being Kiwi's, you can drive half way up the big one, then take a gondola ride to right near the top where there's a massive cafe, ski lifts and such. There were some interesting signs about what to do in case of an eruption, which has happened quite recently, I think the only answer would to be shit yourself and hope for the best.
Mount Tongariro National Park, New Zealand

01-17-2020, 05:10 PM   #92
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
What's up with the down under guys if I'm starting today's thread off?
packing for a trip....... the pressure of trying to check it hasn't already been started for the day, then trying to hope it hasn't been started while you the and the misspelling single singe angle can be oppressive ..... thanks
01-17-2020, 06:24 PM - 1 Like   #93
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Grippy Quote
Much different to our Aussie landscape.
Looks lovely, I hope to visit both countries in the next few years.
01-17-2020, 06:44 PM - 1 Like   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Looks lovely, I hope to visit both countries in the next few years.
Do it mate, I love Australia, however it was awesome to see a different kind of landscape. We only visited the North Island this time, planning to do the South Island later.

01-17-2020, 07:00 PM - 1 Like   #95
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Do it mate
Thanks for the encouragement. 2020 will be too busy, several major family events going on all year will take up a lot of my vacation time, so I have tentatively set my goal for 2021, when I hope to have both enough $$$$ and time to spend at least 30 days between the two countries, Not enough time really, but the minimum time necessary to see a bit of both.
01-17-2020, 07:02 PM - 2 Likes   #96
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Do it mate, I love Australia, however it was awesome to see a different kind of landscape. We only visited the North Island this time, planning to do the South Island later.
If you're after mountains, the South Island is definitely the choice. I spent a month around Mt Cook as a budding mountaineer in the mid-80's, and we spent our honeymoon in Wanaka. We also cruised around both islands (on our daughter's ship) just over a year ago. All highly recommended.
01-18-2020, 09:02 AM - 1 Like   #97
Pentaxian

Been shoddy this past week and will continue to be until Tuesday at the earliest.
Hopefully I’ll smash it for the last week of the month!

01-19-2020, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #98

Photos: Albums
I'll be working in Aberdeen next week and won't have time to take any pictures. I think the Photosniper would put me over the hand baggage weight limit anyway - not to mention the fun of getting it through airport security.
01-19-2020, 04:51 PM - 1 Like   #99
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

anyone have/used to have a Chinon or Porst MCM 55mm f1.7 macro?
01-19-2020, 05:38 PM   #100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
That's an interesting, light weight travel rig - I doubt you encountered any others like that on your journey . It's a great little lens and I look forward to pictures and more feedback on the experience.
It worked out quite well, nailing focus with it stopped down in the sunlight it easy, even with sunnies on, with her wide open in low light she's still quite civilised. A split screen would be nice, maybe I'll chuck it on the K10 to see how she goes as I have a split focus screen on there, however it's not as light. I quite enjoyed carrying this little combo around and def looked different to the Canikon crowd or the people I kept seeing with reversed hoods on and struggling to zoom, haha
Sorry for the photobomb, I can't be bothered posting in all of the original threads, still waaaay more to come.
IMGP9408
IMGP9458
IMGP9426
IMGP9399
IMGP9520
IMGP9518
IMGP9514
IMGP9538
01-19-2020, 11:41 PM - 2 Likes   #101
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt. What have I done?

Two more lenses I never knew I needed have fallen in my lap. My first Takumars. Minty, almost new-in-box Takumars. Rare ones. And the seller has more. And I thought I was going to stop at the K series for my legacy collection.

I am in LBA hell. Help me.
01-19-2020, 11:53 PM   #102
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote

Two more lenses I never knew I needed have fallen in my lap. My first Takumars. Minty, almost new-in-box Takumars. Rare ones. And the seller has more. And I thought I was going to stop at the K series for my legacy collection.

you'll need a dedicated M42 body....

(that's my contribution to "help")
01-20-2020, 12:29 AM   #103
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
you'll need a dedicated M42 body....
Thanks for your help Dave

The seller also has a mint black Spotmatic SPII with leather case and original documents. And a refconverter. And a copipod (Google it if you don't know what it is - I didn't). And a Gossen Lunasix. And MORE TAKUMARS....

I'm dying.
01-20-2020, 02:24 AM   #104
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

LOL you don’t want help

I look forward to seeing the results 8)
01-20-2020, 02:35 AM   #105
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

Did you try to buy that K20/1.4? That would be a rare beast and eternal bragging rights on PF