Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 181 Likes Search this Thread
01-22-2020, 01:41 PM - 1 Like   #121
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Single in January 2020

I still like my old Lumix G10, with the 20mm f1.7 Lumix lens. Tiny kit, super easy to use, sharp images with a nice look to them

... but I don’t like using it anywhere near as much as I do my KP - or even the K-30 before. Even if the pics were as good technically/IQ-wise (which they’re not), I think the enjoyment of the process is a big part of why we use these big cameras instead of our phones - even for simple snaps.

(Though it sounds like you’re enjoying using the Fuji too.)

01-22-2020, 01:49 PM - 2 Likes   #122
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
I think the enjoyment of the process is a big part of why we use these big cameras instead of our phones
Don't even get me started on how enjoyable handling a medium format camera is. I'm in love.
01-22-2020, 02:58 PM - 2 Likes   #123
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I started reading and thought ..."hold on, isn't that......" Quite appropriate really, given the sad passing of terry Jones today. As for my confession, think of it as a reset. I have been eating at a Michelin star restaurant all this time and for some reason my constitution needed a dodgy kebab. All better now, I can't wait to get my KP on
01-22-2020, 03:00 PM - 1 Like   #124
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

... dodgy kebab...

...lol...

01-22-2020, 06:48 PM - 1 Like   #125
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What an exciting morning!

The gastroenterologist I was working with collapsed (requiring CPR) half way our second case - so I was rather busy for a while.

BUT....once the dust had settled I went to my office to pick up an eagerly anticipated parcel. There was no difficulty deciding what to photograph today
01-22-2020, 07:22 PM - 1 Like   #126
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The lady of the lake probably lobbed that Fuji to him. It probably weighs as much as a duck ,as well.

Yes, sad to hear of the passing of Terry Jones. THat rhymes with stones, I wonder what operation Sandy's surgeon was undertaking?
01-22-2020, 11:45 PM - 3 Likes   #127
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
The lady of the lake probably lobbed that Fuji to him. It probably weighs as much as a duck ,as well.
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing cameras is no basis for a system of photography. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the lenses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

No, I don't remember the movie word by word. As always I cheat The script has been available in internet since 90's. Nowadays even the full movie is available in Youtube. I did watch it again yesterday

01-23-2020, 01:29 AM - 3 Likes   #128
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote

The gastroenterologist I was working with collapsed (requiring CPR) half way our second case - so I was rather busy for a while.

BUT....once the dust had settled I went to my office to pick up an eagerly anticipated parcel. There was no difficulty deciding what to photograph today
Post edited because I am at times a prat. I hope he is ok

---------- Post added 01-23-20 at 01:56 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing cameras is no basis for a system of photography. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the lenses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

No, I don't remember the movie word by word. As always I cheat The script has been available in internet since 90's. Nowadays even the full movie is available in Youtube. I did watch it again yesterday

Monty Python And The Holy Grail (Full Movie) - YouTube
I can see it now, as I reach for my Pentax, a hairy little man will pop up and say "...you must answer me these questions three before the other side you see...!" If I get the swallow question I am golden

Last edited by Cerebum; 01-23-2020 at 02:32 PM.
01-23-2020, 03:24 AM - 1 Like   #129
Pentaxian

You are all crazy
PS. I also love this movie
01-23-2020, 03:35 AM - 1 Like   #130
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
before the other side you see...
ere the other side.... Get it right
01-23-2020, 03:57 AM   #131
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
You are all crazy
PS. I also love this movie

it's only the greatest movie in the history of the English language, right?

and crazy, you say?

(:
01-23-2020, 04:04 AM   #132
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
You are all crazy
Indeed
01-23-2020, 04:08 AM - 1 Like   #133
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
it's only the greatest movie in the history of the English language, right?
Greatest comedy would be safer bet and no matter about language, thought I know that many rank Life of Brian above. Fools...
01-23-2020, 04:36 AM   #134
Pentaxian

O_O blimmin’ eck! That’s not an expected working day. I hope they’re ok(well, as much as possible at this point). How are you and others?
01-23-2020, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #135
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ere the other side.... Get it right
I sit corrected although, to be fair, I was on top of a hill, quoting from memory, as I jogged along, banging my coconut shells together, .......... the ones the swallow can't possibly have brought! Anyway, I think I deserve a little more respect given my evident regal status, predicated by the fact that I don't have s**t all over me

---------- Post added 01-23-20 at 08:01 AM ----------

Hell, I didn't read the CPR bit. I hope he is ok