Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2020, 12:31 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zubzubadoodle Quote
As it's winter, when the light levels are low, logically I should choose a lens with a nice wide aperture. Instead, I'm going with the Tair 3A 300mm, f4.5 Preset Photosniper lens.
WOW! do you have the full sniper kit or just the lens?

01-04-2020, 02:07 PM   #47
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by doroth2 Quote
Alright, this is a little off topic, but still relevant. I've been off the forum for a couple of years and am having trouble navigating on my phone. I can find this thread, but not the individual challenge days. Can anybody help? (No trouble finding things on the computer. Using Tapatalk app on phone.)

Thanks!

Tapatalk won’t display the individual challenge day threads. It’s a real frustration I’ve run into as well.
01-04-2020, 03:53 PM - 3 Likes   #48
Veteran Member

I'm off for 4/5 days to Kangaroo Island today so won't be posting for a bit. I think I'll be doing the night shifts on the fire ground which suits me (oldish and not young fit) .... bit cooler. My mate had to evacuate the other day (near Seal Bay)... but the fire front didn't reach it.... so good news there.
01-04-2020, 04:46 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
I'm off for 4/5 days to Kangaroo Island today so won't be posting for a bit. I think I'll be doing the night shifts on the fire ground which suits me (oldish and not young fit) .... bit cooler. My mate had to evacuate the other day (near Seal Bay)... but the fire front didn't reach it.... so good news there.
Best of luck mate and well done .

01-04-2020, 06:42 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm off for 4/5 days to Kangaroo Island today so won't be posting for a bit.
Stay safe mate. Hopefully this cool weather helps get things under control before it heats up again....
01-04-2020, 09:40 PM   #51
Pentaxian

Good on you, man.

But keep safe
01-05-2020, 03:08 AM - 1 Like   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Australian firefighters are beyond praise. It is a hell of a job you guys are doing! Stay safe

01-05-2020, 08:39 PM - 3 Likes   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Australian firefighters are beyond praise. It is a hell of a job you guys are doing! Stay safe
Agreed. Thoughts and prayers for all my friends Down Under.

Also - the calendar is updated with the theme days. The first one is Tuesday, Jan. 7 - BLUR/BOKEH
01-05-2020, 10:13 PM - 3 Likes   #54
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hilariously, my safety shot of the daisies has reached Explore. Go figure....
01-05-2020, 11:35 PM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
It's weird what reaches explore sometimes, mostly quality, however I do question those computer game pics and the random quick snapshots.
01-06-2020, 12:53 AM   #56
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote

I wondered if it had - just from the sound of a comment ... “best of health and wellness into 2020”

A perfectly reasonable sentiment, but a little lacking in context, regarding a photograph of daisies.
01-07-2020, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #57

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
WOW! do you have the full sniper kit or just the lens?
I have the full kit. I actually bought two incomplete sets so there are two lenses, two stock + shoulder brace, one vinyl case, one steel case and enough of the remaining bits and bobs to make up the full set of everything except for one of the filters. My wife is trying to persuade me not to buy another incomplete set just to get the remaining filter......
01-07-2020, 05:10 PM - 1 Like   #58
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zubzubadoodle Quote
I have the full kit. I actually bought two incomplete sets so there are two lenses, two stock + shoulder brace, one vinyl case, one steel case and enough of the remaining bits and bobs to make up the full set of everything except for one of the filters. My wife is trying to persuade me not to buy another incomplete set just to get the remaining filter......
Your wife is wrong......... just don't tell her
01-07-2020, 06:00 PM - 2 Likes   #59
Veteran Member

My posts in the Single thread might be a little erratic over the next week and a half as I'm heading to NZ today
Don't get to Auckland until after midnight which sucks a bit. I've tried to cut down on the camera rubbish I take, as it's mainly all of my carry on baggage, only have the K3ii with grip, DA35mm, DFA100mm, FA70-200mm (for when we go to the zoo, much lighter than taking the Bigma) and the K50 with the Industar attached for light weight days.
01-07-2020, 10:54 PM - 1 Like   #60
Pentaxian

Single in January 2020

QuoteOriginally posted by Grippy Quote
My posts in the Single thread might be a little erratic over the next week and a half as I'm heading to NZ today
Don't get to Auckland until after midnight which sucks a bit. I've tried to cut down on the camera rubbish I take, as it's mainly all of my carry on baggage, only have the K3ii with grip, DA35mm, DFA100mm, FA70-200mm (for when we go to the zoo, much lighter than taking the Bigma) and the K50 with the Industar attached for light weight days.

Have fun here 8) (I’m heading back this weekend). Whereabouts are you going?

My photo viewing is really limited by extraordinarily sketchy internet connection where we are; even trying to load not much more than text is a bit dire. :/

Uploads are taking forever, and I run out of steam by the time I get to anything else. I’ll catch up once in