Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 181 Likes Search this Thread
01-08-2020, 12:24 AM - 1 Like   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Have fun here 8) (I’m heading back this weekend). Whereabouts are you going?

My photo viewing is really limited by extraordinarily sketchy internet connection where we are; even trying to load not much more than text is a bit dire. :/

Uploads are taking forever, and I run out of steam by the time I get to anything else. I’ll catch up once in
I'm sure we'll love it. Going to Auckland, Rotorua and Taupo, plus places inbetween.

01-08-2020, 01:36 AM - 1 Like   #62
Pentaxian

All caught up. Some crappy safety shots throughout but unfortunately it's what I have to work with right now. Apologies as there's definitely more of that to come...
01-08-2020, 03:58 AM - 2 Likes   #63
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
sunset from Monday night hit 'explore'

01-10-2020, 01:43 PM - 1 Like   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
sunset from Monday night hit 'explore'
That sky is kind of magic, so you deserved it !

Small renovation at home turned into a total disaster, so I'm having difficulties with accessing computer, internet etc. I've been shooting daily but I don't think I can do any pp and uploading before Sunday.

01-10-2020, 02:26 PM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
That sky is kind of magic, so you deserved it !

Small renovation at home turned into a total disaster, so I'm having difficulties with accessing computer, internet etc. I've been shooting daily but I don't think I can do any pp and uploading before Sunday.
Small renovation to disaster sounds like a chance for a gritty photo documentary......... good luck
01-10-2020, 07:11 PM - 1 Like   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another busy week away at the worksite, few pictures taken despite an afternoon snow fall. Cold, cold weather deterred me from doing muich in the limited free time I had. At least I can catch up on commenting.
01-12-2020, 09:29 AM - 1 Like   #67
Pentaxian

Sorry for late posting, but the renovation at home reached climax when it comes to the mess and demolishing Hopefully it will be better from tomorrow but I think I'll be posting in bursts for some time. So I caught up with posting and will try to do so with commenting. I saw plenty of nice pictures in the threads.

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Small renovation to disaster sounds like a chance for a gritty photo documentary......... good luck
Partly, yes - but I'm either involved in dirty work (so have no time for shooting) or I'm at my own work (so not at home). But I posted some wires today

01-12-2020, 10:22 AM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I love winter's cold and snow, we had a good snowfall earlier this week, but today's springlike weather is a pleasant surprise, bringing many out of doors to enjoy the local parks and fishing spots. I intend to get out and take some more pictures and make the most of this day!
01-12-2020, 02:56 PM   #69
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

comparison question:

SMC A 20/2.8 vs Voigtlander Color Skopar 20mm f3.5 vs CZJ Flektogon 20mm f2.8?

opinions, photos, experience?
01-12-2020, 06:05 PM - 1 Like   #70
Loyal Site Supporter

comparison question:

SMC A 20/2.8 vs Voigtlander Color Skopar 20mm f3.5 vs CZJ Flektogon 20mm f2.8?

opinions, photos, experience?
Apparently the A 20mm shares the same lens design as the FA 20mm which I like album here from a sic Single in Sept 2019 SMC PENTAX-FA 1:2.8 20mm | Flickr
01-12-2020, 06:19 PM   #71
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Apparently the A 20mm shares the same lens design as the FA 20mm which I like album here from a sic Single in Sept 2019 SMC PENTAX-FA 1:2.8 20mm | Flickr
thank you - definitely a vote for the A20/2.8...
01-12-2020, 06:44 PM   #72
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This day permitted me to capture enough images to make up for my slack performance for the month. Three different locations, wonderful weather, a cloudless blue sky with that slanted hard winter light that makes everything pop as the shadows grow long, great day!

I only have time to upload a few shots today though.
01-12-2020, 08:00 PM - 1 Like   #73
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

thank you - definitely a vote for the A20/2.8...

and now it's a moot question...
01-13-2020, 12:37 AM - 1 Like   #74
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
This day permitted me to capture enough images to make up for my slack performance for the month. Three different locations, wonderful weather, a cloudless blue sky with that slanted hard winter light that makes everything pop as the shadows grow long, great day!
Lucky you! According to the calendar, there is winter now in Poland but the weather is quite confusing: around 5°C with some rain from time to time. There was some snow a week ago (lasted a couple of hours). There was some sun yesterday (the same). Grey is the dominant color. I'd prefer to see either winter (high time!) or spring (too early I'm afraid) instead of that unspecified mix...
(Ha! So I'm complaining on the weather! A few years back I'd say only old guys do it!)
01-13-2020, 04:27 AM   #75
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
I'd prefer to see either winter (high time!) or spring (too early I'm afraid) instead of that unspecified mix...
I agree, but my wife does not like winter, and I do like all four seasons. So, The Shenandoah Valley of Virginia is a compromise for both of us, and every winter here is unpredictable.