QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Did you try to buy that K20/1.4?
Let's just say there is an open discussion

01-20-2020, 02:45 AM   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt. What have I done?

Two more lenses I never knew I needed have fallen in my lap. My first Takumars. Minty, almost new-in-box Takumars. Rare ones. And the seller has more. And I thought I was going to stop at the K series for my legacy collection.

I am in LBA hell. Help me.
Another K-series addict I see. The minty SPII sounds nice. I have a few Taks, but nothing especially rare. I've been saving what spends I have to "complete" my K-series prime collection. Of course, that'll never include that 20/1.4...

Of the Taks, I'm after a nice zebra Auto-Tak to go on my black K, always hoping I can find someone who can fix the broken spring.

K.
01-20-2020, 06:01 AM   #108
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for your help Dave

The seller also has a mint black Spotmatic SPII with leather case and original documents. And a refconverter. And a copipod (Google it if you don't know what it is - I didn't). And a Gossen Lunasix. And MORE TAKUMARS....

I'm dying.

you're welcome - for the record, I was not suggesting that you buy a film camera as a dedicated M42 mount, but more along the lines of a good used K-1....

(:
01-20-2020, 01:25 PM   #109
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
....a good used K-1....
That's alright then. I've got two of them

01-20-2020, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #110
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

That's alright then. I've got two of them

that's easy, then - slap an OEM adapter on it and away you go with your Takumar epic!
01-20-2020, 02:04 PM - 1 Like   #111
Pentaxian

I thought I'm in trouble as I have bought two manual bodies and three lenses within a week (all Minolta). Now I can see that my case is rather easy compared to what has happened to Sandy
01-21-2020, 03:44 AM - 1 Like   #112
Pentaxian

I'm Ben and I'm also in trouble. Some sales have allowed purchase of a new (to me) camera body. I'll throw a picture up of it later.

01-21-2020, 10:11 PM   #113
Loyal Site Supporter

Ummmm

Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt. What have I done?

Two more lenses I never knew I needed have fallen in my lap. My first Takumars. Minty, almost new-in-box Takumars. Rare ones. And the seller has more. And I thought I was going to stop at the K series for my legacy collection.

I am in LBA hell. Help me.
I saw that post and thought of you, because everyone needs some classic rare old glass to add to their collection. Except the guy who is selling that treasure trove, some of them did seem quite reasonable in price for what they are, enjoy the new toys
01-21-2020, 10:24 PM   #114
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
some of them did seem quite reasonable in price for what they are
Did he ever mention price? He didn't give anything away to me - basically forced me to make an offer and I probably erred on the side of generosity. They certainly didn't come cheap.

I'll drive a harder bargain for the rest of the kit if I decide to take it
01-21-2020, 10:48 PM   #115
Loyal Site Supporter

Did he ever mention price? He didn't give anything away to me - basically forced me to make an offer and I probably erred on the side of generosity. They certainly didn't come cheap.

I'll drive a harder bargain for the rest of the kit if I decide to take it
No prices just the mouth watering list, I believe the 15mm was around 1500-1700 in one of his posts, I thought it was a little steep as I have the A series 15mm and while not as rare to close to spend that sort of money on. The 20mm did look nice but no price
Enjoy the new lenses and glad to see they stayed in Oz
01-22-2020, 09:47 AM - 3 Likes   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have a confession! Someone local got their camera bag grabbed by a smackrat and ever since I have had a morbid fear of the same happening to me, so, I bought a Fuji X-E1 (16mp xtrans, rangefinder, evf) for £90 and a k mount adapter with aperture control for £20. I can now use any of my lenses on it the idea was, a cheap kit for dodgy places. Trouble is, I have fallen in love with the system! The jpegs are incredible! Anyway, I am in Sheffield (mini monster territory ) and I left my KP and fishy at home. I am back tomorrow and will be overdosing on Pentax to cure this surge of Fuji love thing is, I could sell all of my Pentax gear and end up with one body and maybe two lenses, which is ludicrous, especially as my KP has features Fuji owners can only dream of. Anyhoo, I think next month I will just do the daily in. I am hankering for my 18-135 and limited! They will put this upstart Fuji in its place
01-22-2020, 12:27 PM - 2 Likes   #117
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I am hankering for my 18-135 and limited!
As far as I don't have similar adventures with other systems (or maybe I do? I fell in a sort of affair with Minolta SLRs) I also miss my other lenses. During the SiC month, there are maybe 4-5 days when I shoot with the lens other than SiC one. And I miss my DA21 and even plastic fantastic DA35!
01-22-2020, 12:55 PM - 3 Likes   #118
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I have a confession! Someone local got their camera bag grabbed by a smackrat and ever since I have had a morbid fear of the same happening to me, so, I bought a Fuji X-E1 (16mp xtrans, rangefinder, evf) for £90 and a k mount adapter with aperture control for £20. I can now use any of my lenses on it the idea was, a cheap kit for dodgy places. Trouble is, I have fallen in love with the system! The jpegs are incredible! Anyway, I am in Sheffield (mini monster territory ) and I left my KP and fishy at home. I am back tomorrow and will be overdosing on Pentax to cure this surge of Fuji love thing is, I could sell all of my Pentax gear and end up with one body and maybe two lenses, which is ludicrous, especially as my KP has features Fuji owners can only dream of. Anyhoo, I think next month I will just do the daily in. I am hankering for my 18-135 and limited! They will put this upstart Fuji in its place
Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'Fuji' at will at Pentax Forum. There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who participate and shoot single in challenge are under considerable economic stress at this period in history.

01-22-2020, 01:02 PM - 1 Like   #119
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'Fuji' at will at Pentax Forum. There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who participate and shoot single in challenge are under considerable economic stress at this period in history.

Roger? where have you been shrubbing?
01-22-2020, 01:05 PM - 2 Likes   #120
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Roger? where have you been shrubbing?
Roger the Shrubber indeed