Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2020, 11:09 PM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
An update for those still interested in my K 15/3.5 AL saga. The technician at Twin City agrees the lens is riddled with fungus, and quoted up to $400 for a full strip down and clean. No guarantee of a good outcome.

So I have contacted the vendor and he has offered to take it back, with apologies. So I only briefly owned one of the rarest lenses in the Pentax stable....

At least I still have the Takumar
So how was the other lens that came with it? Better condition? Glad to hear that you have touched such a rarity, sad to not be able to pitch my A series 15mm against it in the SIC

02-05-2020, 11:36 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
So how was the other lens that came with it? Better condition? Glad to hear that you have touched such a rarity, sad to not be able to pitch my A series 15mm against it in the SIC
You can still pitch your A 15/3.5 against my SMC Tak 15/3.5 Aspheric

And the K 15/3.5 came on its own. The other recent legacy purchases were from different sellers and are in mint/excellent condition respectively.
02-06-2020, 01:10 AM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter

You can still pitch your A 15/3.5 against my SMC Tak 15/3.5 Aspheric

And the K 15/3.5 came on its own. The other recent legacy purchases were from different sellers and are in mint/excellent condition respectively.
Cool that's another Single in challenge month sorted, you mentioned using an older wide angle lens as a sacrificial donor to repair the 15mm, does the design just add a big lens on the front of a standard wide angle?
02-06-2020, 02:14 AM - 1 Like   #64
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
you mentioned using an older wide angle lens as a sacrificial donor to repair the 15mm, does the design just add a big lens on the front of a standard wide angle?
I was thinking of sacrificing the Takumar 15/3.5 Aspheric (400 made) to provide elements to resurrect the K 15/3.5 Aspheric (only 100 made). They are identical optical formulae.

In light of the report from the service technician I have decided that idea was folly.

The Tak 15/3.5 AL and Tak 85/1.8 both came from the same old guy in Melbourne, and they are as close to mint as anyone could imagine. He also has several other Taks (and other really cool stuff) which still tempt me severely. The K 15/3.5 AL came from a different trader, who I suspect is far more commercial, and not just in photographic equipment. I am willing to give him credit for honestly missing the fungal contamination, the detection of which required close examination through a small rear element against a very bright light. The K 85/1.8 came from Japan, and is in excellent nick.

02-07-2020, 01:57 AM - 3 Likes   #65
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi all. I'm going to bail out. Life is getting in the way of time I need to post and comment diligently.\

I'll be continuing to watch your work through Flickr, so keep it up
02-07-2020, 08:22 PM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Busy week, you all have posted some nice shots, sorry I don't have the time, reliable connection to post comments on each when I travel.

I purchased Topaz DeNoise, pretty impressed with what it does.
02-07-2020, 08:28 PM - 1 Like   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have really come to like the WiFi feature of the K-1 and KP. My workflow this month has been to transfer the photo I want to the iPad with Image Sync, maybe do a bit of processing with LIghtroom or Darkroom and post from the iPad. At the end of the month, I’ll download the SD cards to the computer and start fresh.

On another note, I received a nearly new DA 21 green stripe today, so I’m already looking forward to next month. It’ll be going on vacation with me to Montana the second week of March for sure.

02-07-2020, 08:57 PM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
transfer the photo I want to the iPad with Image Sync
Thanks, I'll have to try that out since I am on the road more than I am home this month. Knowing I can process and post might encourage me to take some images in my limited spare time.
02-07-2020, 09:08 PM - 1 Like   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Thanks, I'll have to try that out since I am on the road more than I am home this month. Knowing I can process and post might encourage me to take some images in my limited spare time.
I was looking for a quick way to pull, process and post images because of my work schedule. With the latest Image Sync, things seem to work quite efficiently. I currently use the free versions of LIghtroom, Darkroom and PS Express. Lightroom and Darkroom have quite a list of features for a free app.
02-08-2020, 01:00 AM   #70
Pentaxian

Hi all. I'm going to bail out. Life is getting in the way of time I need to post and comment diligently.\

Sorry to hear that, and good luck.
I'm also on the brink of giving up - I've been struggling to find spare time for the past few weeks. So far I've managed to keep up.
02-08-2020, 08:10 PM   #71
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

And you always are a model of diligence in these challenges. It’s great, but it does eat time.

I’ll keep a watch on your Flickr all the same

---------- Post added 9th Feb 2020 at 02:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
I have really come to like the WiFi feature of the K-1 and KP. My workflow this month has been to transfer the photo I want to the iPad with Image Sync, maybe do a bit of processing with LIghtroom or Darkroom and post from the iPad. At the end of the month, I’ll download the SD cards to the computer and start fresh.

On another note, I received a nearly new DA 21 green stripe today, so I’m already looking forward to next month. It’ll be going on vacation with me to Montana the second week of March for sure.

I started playing with Image Sync, but find it easier to just use the camera connection kit, and take them from the sd card directly into Lightroom Mobile. I do all my processing there, and sometime later transfer all the RAW files from the sd card to my external hard drive.
02-09-2020, 12:47 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Remember to drop by when in or around Goolwa... assume you still have my number.... always have coffee.... or cheap wine...... haha.

Last edited by noelpolar; 02-09-2020 at 01:23 AM.
02-09-2020, 02:44 AM   #73
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Remember to drop by when in or around Goolwa... assume you still have my number.... always have coffee.... or cheap wine...... haha.
Indeed I do. And I will. I need to make one more trip to Pt Elliot to finish my Sgian Dubh (probably next weekend), so a drop-in on the way home might have to happen
02-09-2020, 03:07 AM   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I confess I do not like to shoot using the lens I chose for February, a Panagor 28mm.

Am I allowed to change lens?
02-09-2020, 04:13 AM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cartesio Quote
I confess I do not like to shoot using the lens I chose for February, a Panagor 28mm.

Am I allowed to change lens?
I left the world of rules back in 2010 (retired) so ok by me!