Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2020, 04:23 AM - 1 Like   #76
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cartesio Quote
I confess I do not like to shoot using the lens I chose for February, a Panagor 28mm.

Am I allowed to change lens?
It's not allowed by the rules, but it's up to you to jugde, if an exception is needed and acceptable. I think we have all broken the rules at somepoint in one way or an other.

02-09-2020, 01:31 PM - 3 Likes   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
It's not allowed by the rules, but it's up to you to jugde, if an exception is needed and acceptable. I think we have all broken the rules at somepoint in one way or an other.

I switched lens in December because of the fungus in my Soligor. I deemed that a reasonable excuse, and went to another the same focal length.

There’s no objective judge; you do what you need.

That said, sticking with it might enable you to find something about it that is worthwhile...
02-09-2020, 06:21 PM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
While the idea is to use the same lens for the month and learn its strengths and weaknesses, and maybe even expand your abilities in doing so, if changing lenses encourages you to continue participating, go ahead.
02-10-2020, 02:12 AM - 2 Likes   #79
Loyal Site Supporter

I confess I do not like to shoot using the lens I chose for February, a Panagor 28mm.

We are just challenging ourselves with th lenses, if it isn't happening then try something else. What has been your biggest drawbacks with the lens? The focal length, the aperture, lack of autofocus? Rendering, minimum focus point, dodgy bokeh. So many reasons potentially

02-10-2020, 10:40 AM - 1 Like   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hey all - sorry for not being around lately. We're undergoing a fairly major renovation of our home (new kitchen cabinets and appliances, new flooring). Right now almost all of my camera equipment is packed away and unreachable. I do have The Stack Of Primes (Pentax A 35-105) mounted on my camera if I manage to catch my breath. Things are also challenging at work, but that's always the case, so no excuse there. Miss being part of the group, and hope to get back into the swing of things by March at the latest.
02-10-2020, 01:24 PM - 1 Like   #81
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
We're undergoing a fairly major renovation of our home
Five weeks ago I started a small renovation which turned into a total disaster and lasted almost a month I know, what you mean - good luck, stay cool
02-10-2020, 05:20 PM - 1 Like   #82

Photos: Albums
Back from holiday in Madeira so have put the days out of order by posting photos from last week.
Flickr album is here Single in February 2020 | Flickr

02-10-2020, 06:22 PM - 2 Likes   #83
Veteran Member

As an old person (ie experienced).. that always does all aspects of reno's myself.... my worldly advice is to spend lots of time planning and scoping... set aside funds.... then work out how to save twice that much.....
02-11-2020, 02:41 AM   #84
Pentaxian

Catching up slowly but surely. I'll get back on with the commenting shortly.
02-11-2020, 09:55 AM - 1 Like   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Need someone to second noel? OK, I second. Get that lens changed
02-12-2020, 09:13 AM   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

.... ;-)
02-15-2020, 06:17 AM   #87
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Busy week, no time to shot, but I'm going to Greensoboro NC today, and I can revisit some great locations and probably find a few more.
02-22-2020, 11:34 AM   #88
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My Friendly but not so local camera store had a few Soligor lenses for sale in their used lens collection. Any experience?

February had me away from home work 60 hour weeks, combined with poor weather and the still too short days , it was not a great month for photography.
Yesterday, I lost several potentially good shots because I had not set the 17mm Fisheye lens for infinity focus. Usually this lens is sharp from a few inches to infinity, especially at my chosen f8, but didn't double check and I was doing some quick shooting on my ride home, missing several shots for blurry sujects, blah!

Might have a few good shots today and for the rest of the month, but I will be devoting more time to learning some software skills after work, so I must be disciplined about using my time wisely. Tough in the short term, but it will pay off in the long term, maybe so much that I can afford some new gear, and an exotic vacation to make use of it all !
02-22-2020, 01:45 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
My Friendly but not so local camera store had a few Soligor lenses for sale in their used lens collection. Any experience?

February had me away from home work 60 hour weeks, combined with poor weather and the still too short days , it was not a great month for photography.
Yesterday, I lost several potentially good shots because I had not set the 17mm Fisheye lens for infinity focus. Usually this lens is sharp from a few inches to infinity, especially at my chosen f8, but didn't double check and I was doing some quick shooting on my ride home, missing several shots for blurry sujects, blah!

Might have a few good shots today and for the rest of the month, but I will be devoting more time to learning some software skills after work, so I must be disciplined about using my time wisely. Tough in the short term, but it will pay off in the long term, maybe so much that I can afford some new gear, and an exotic vacation to make use of it all !
I have a soligor 28mm f8 made by sun and a soligor 400mm f6.8. I haven't used the 400mm yet but the 28mm is good if you get it cheap. It isn't the best or sharpest 28mm but if you just want a knockabout m42 just for fun they are great. The ones I have handled are nicely built and good to use but are, at the end of the day, rebranded budget lenses mine cost so little I can't lose, £24 for both
02-22-2020, 04:35 PM   #90
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote

the 'P' line of Soligor lenses were manufactured by Tokina - I have a 35mm f2 'P' lens and it's stupendous...