Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 79 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2020, 01:54 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm going to pull out folks. I'm feeling good about my photography, but just can't commit the time to keep up with the comments and daily posting.

Have fun

02-07-2020, 05:34 AM   #32
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
It's frustratingly beautiful out today, and yesterday, but I fear I'm not going to have much opportunity to photograph any of it. Quite annoying!
We have had some nice days but now the fog has rolled in. Expecting some rain later, with most of Sunday looking quite wet. No matter, the days are quickly growing longer now
02-07-2020, 05:47 AM   #33
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I'm going to pull out folks. I'm feeling good about my photography, but just can't commit the time to keep up with the comments and daily posting.

Have fun
Sometimes I have to concentrate on just posting images. I have accepted the fact that I'm unable to comment on all images every day even though (for me) the commenting is an important part of the Challenge.

But hey, sometimes there just isn't enough time. I have proposed an expansion of the day to 27 hours, but nobody seems to listen
02-07-2020, 08:21 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Busy week, you all have posted some nice shots, sorry I don't have the time, reliable connection to post comments on each when I travel.

02-08-2020, 05:33 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Sometimes I have to concentrate on just posting images. I have accepted the fact that I'm unable to comment on all images every day even though (for me) the commenting is an important part of the Challenge.

But hey, sometimes there just isn't enough time. I have proposed an expansion of the day to 27 hours, but nobody seems to listen
27 hours will just mean more time to do useless things like work

I just got an Explore with my travel planing shot from a couple of days ago. I guess a little scotch goes a long way.

---------- Post added 02-08-20 at 07:37 AM ----------

Have fun
You'll be missed. But it's not worth doing if you're not enjoying it.
02-08-2020, 08:09 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Have fun

8(

Feels bro. Time certainly is the enemy sometimes.
02-08-2020, 09:47 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

Have fun
You will be missed. Totally understandable though. I can't always get to comment either. Take Care and pop back in when you can.

02-11-2020, 12:16 PM - 2 Likes   #38
Pentaxian

Yea, I did receive some info of artistic grant for next year. Positive one...just quick question. Do any of ’us’ have good experience of 3-D printing? I’m going to give a go on that technique in my next project. I do have quite a long for learning the new thing, and any tip is appriciated, good or bad, even simply ones. I could just buy it from someone, but I’m looking forward of learning new skills too...
02-13-2020, 05:15 AM   #39
Pentaxian

Didn't take a single photo yesterday, not doing very well at the moment. I've got plenty of time this afternoon though so I'll get back on it.

02-13-2020, 12:21 PM - 1 Like   #40
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Yea, I did receive some info of artistic grant for next year. Positive one...just quick question. Do any of ’us’ have good experience of 3-D printing? I’m going to give a go on that technique in my next project. I do have quite a long for learning the new thing, and any tip is appriciated, good or bad, even simply ones. I could just buy it from someone, but I’m looking forward of learning new skills too...
Congratulations on the grant

I have no insights to share when it comes to 3D printing, alas.
02-13-2020, 12:25 PM   #41
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Didn't take a single photo yesterday, not doing very well at the moment. I've got plenty of time this afternoon though so I'll get back on it.
Only struggling with the photography, I hope. I think we all do that from time to time. I certainly do.
02-13-2020, 12:40 PM - 1 Like   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Only struggling with the photography, I hope.
Yea nothing bad other than the lack of pictures.
02-13-2020, 12:48 PM - 1 Like   #43
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Yea nothing bad other than the lack of pictures.
Good
02-13-2020, 01:02 PM   #44
Pentaxian

Its funny though the rubbish weather gave me an idea for a photo I want to try, could be one of those things that looks better in my head than in reality but still. Involving a rain soaked window and a day dreamy look through it, I need a willing model for it though and I reckon someone I work with would suit it perfectly but she's much like me in that regard, not wanting to be on the other side of the lens!

Oh well, I will keep pestering her till she gives in.
02-13-2020, 01:23 PM   #45
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Its funny though the rubbish weather gave me an idea for a photo I want to try, could be one of those things that looks better in my head than in reality but still.
Hmm, for me that's the rule rather than the exception. Planned images rarely turn out as good as I imagined them, while impromptu shots often are pleasant surprises when I get home. That said, the planned shots are probably still better - it's a matter of expectation, I suppose.

Involving a rain soaked window and a day dreamy look through it, I need a willing model for it though and I reckon someone I work with would suit it perfectly but she's much like me in that regard, not wanting to be on the other side of the lens!

Oh well, I will keep pestering her till she gives in.

I like the idea. Good luck!