Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2020, 01:35 PM   #46
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Hmm, for me that's the rule rather than the exception. Planned images rarely turn out as good as I imagined them, while impromptu shots often are pleasant surprises when I get home. That said, the planned shots are probably still better - it's a matter of expectation, I suppose.
Indeed, can't count the number of times I have set off with something in mind, taken it and not thought much of it. More often than not I have randomly stumbled upon something much better and the planned shot never sees the world beyond my pc.

02-13-2020, 02:57 PM - 1 Like   #47
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Talking of no pictures, I'll be going away for a few days to my brother-in-law's cabin. I expect to get some wintery images while there, but I will probably not post anything until Sunday or Monday. It will be good to spend some time with the kids and grandkids
02-13-2020, 07:13 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Enjoy! I would love to be disconnected at a cabin in the woods with family and friends for a week.
02-14-2020, 12:06 AM - 1 Like   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm on holiday next week too so should manage a few more interesting venues.

02-14-2020, 05:21 AM - 2 Likes   #50
Pentaxian

I’ll post pictures after valentines day. Me and my wife are leaving our daughter it grandparents hands and we make an escape, just 2 of us
02-14-2020, 08:21 AM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I’ll post pictures after valentines day. Me and my wife are leaving our daughter it grandparents hands and we make an escape, just 2 of us
Enjoy!
02-15-2020, 04:02 AM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Enjoy!
Thank you we did enjoy..

02-15-2020, 06:01 AM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

IT has been too long since I thought of a planned shot. Hopefully next month I'll have time.
02-16-2020, 02:03 PM   #54
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I've put up shots fo the 14th and 15th now. I didn't get nearly as much time for shooting as I had hoped for. It was already fairly dark when we arrived on Friday. We had wonderful weather the first part of Saturday but just I was heading out for a photo walk I got a call and had to get in the car and drive my sister-in-law to ER. She had a fall while skiing and needed to get a few stiches sewn. She's all right, just a bit bruised. But by the time we got back the clouds had rolled in and robbed us of most of the daylight. Hard to eke much contrast out of the snow in flat light.

Umm, and today it has been rain, sleet, wet snow, sleet mixed snow, rain all day. Much better weather at home, but by the time we got there it was mostly dark again. Oh well
02-19-2020, 03:57 AM - 3 Likes   #55
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

my sunset from the 17th hit 'explore'

02-22-2020, 09:03 AM - 1 Like   #56
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

My excuse for my AWOLing is a couple of days in bed. Not at all feeling bad today, so I might still go for a walk (beyond the 10 minute walk to the grocers earlier today) - but for now I have posted (yet another) indoor shot.
02-22-2020, 11:32 AM - 2 Likes   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

February had me away from home work 60 hour weeks, combined with poor weather and the still too short days , it was not a great month for photography.
Yesterday, I lost several potentially good shots because I had not set the 17mm Fisheye lens for infinity focus. Usually this lens is sharp from a few inches to infinity, especially at my chosen f8, but didn't double check and I was doing some quick shooting on my ride home, missing several shots for blurry sujects, blah!

Might have a few good shots today and for the rest of the month, but I will be devoting more time to learning some software skills after work, so I must be disciplined about using my time wisely. Tough in the short term, but it will pay off in the long term, maybe so much that I can afford some new gear, and an exotic vacation to make use of it all !
02-23-2020, 04:52 PM - 2 Likes   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
getting a shot everyday... woohoo. some are last minute. was able to get out today!

Last edited by cg57; 02-23-2020 at 06:02 PM.
02-24-2020, 03:57 AM - 2 Likes   #59
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

another Daily shot hits explore - this is Saturday's sunrise

02-24-2020, 08:08 AM - 1 Like   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
February had me away from home work 60 hour weeks, combined with poor weather and the still too short days , it was not a great month for photography.
Yesterday, I lost several potentially good shots because I had not set the 17mm Fisheye lens for infinity focus. Usually this lens is sharp from a few inches to infinity, especially at my chosen f8, but didn't double check and I was doing some quick shooting on my ride home, missing several shots for blurry sujects, blah!

Might have a few good shots today and for the rest of the month, but I will be devoting more time to learning some software skills after work, so I must be disciplined about using my time wisely. Tough in the short term, but it will pay off in the long term, maybe so much that I can afford some new gear, and an exotic vacation to make use of it all !
Always good to learn new skills