Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2020, 01:03 PM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Her flu has worsened and it's confirmed to be the corona virus. A doctor visited today - If it get worse still she'll be hospitalised.

Yeah, I might not get around to take any pictures today.
Best wishes and thoughts for your family...

03-10-2020, 02:29 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Her flu has worsened and it's confirmed to be the corona virus. A doctor visited today - If it get worse still she'll be hospitalized.

Sorry to hear and best wishes for a mild case and speedy recovery. Its popping all around my office just north of NYC. My assistant told me her sons' school just confirmed 8 teachers have CORRECTION if you read my earlier post i believe she meant quarantined. They were all at an event together.

Last edited by wstruth; 03-10-2020 at 04:40 PM.
03-10-2020, 06:17 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wish aswift recovery to those infected, and a safe outcome for everyone else.
03-10-2020, 11:16 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Her flu has worsened and it's confirmed to be the corona virus. A doctor visited today - If it get worse still she'll be hospitalised.

Oh no! Take care! Hope that it will not get worse.

03-11-2020, 02:26 AM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Gee, that is bringing it closer to home. Best wishes for a prompt and sustained recovery.
03-11-2020, 03:14 AM - 1 Like   #36
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
Best wishes and thoughts for your family...
QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
Sorry to hear and best wishes for a mild case and speedy recovery. Its popping all around my office just north of NYC. My assistant told me her sons' school just confirmed 8 teachers have CORRECTION if you read my earlier post i believe she meant quarantined. They were all at an event together.
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I wish aswift recovery to those infected, and a safe outcome for everyone else.
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Oh no! Take care! Hope that it will not get worse.
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Gee, that is bringing it closer to home. Best wishes for a prompt and sustained recovery.
Thank you all. It's hard not to worry even though the statistics say we shouldn't.
03-11-2020, 06:31 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thank you all. It's hard not to worry even though the statistics say we shouldn't.

True - on both counts.

Best wishes to her, and to you all

03-11-2020, 07:28 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was at day one of a two day conference when they announced the cancallation of the secod day. Inconvenient, for some, looks like a day off for me. Maybe a photo walk-about day?
03-12-2020, 04:04 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

sorry to hear this. prayers for all.
i haven't been on here in a few days. was taking a shot a day but not getting them posted. missed yesterday and not sure about today. life seems a bit surreal with virus, some family stuff and the market tumbling (it will rebound)... will try to stay on course with photography.
03-12-2020, 06:01 PM - 1 Like   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

" sufficient unto the day is the trouble thereof". I can't even control when I get to take pictures this week.
I really want a GR-III just so I have a real camera when I am traveling on business. I could have captured some wonderful images ladst night, But I do not like my iPhone making all the decisions for me.
03-13-2020, 02:57 AM - 2 Likes   #41
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

my shot of Jinx hit 'explore'...

03-13-2020, 03:53 AM - 2 Likes   #42
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Best wishes to her, and to you all
QuoteOriginally posted by cg57 Quote
sorry to hear this. prayers for all.
Thanks guys. She's better now, back from hospital but is scheduled for another check later today. They seem to take it very seriously.

Well, they do take the whole situation seriously. Everything has been shut down now. Schools, universities, theatres, restaurants, all closed. Health care workers have severe restrictions on travelling. Assembly of more than 50 people is not allowed. Everyone who can must work from home. At the University they have actually revoked access to all the buildings to force the employees to stay at home.

I'll see if I can get going with the pictures again. Would be nice to get my mind off all of this for a bit
03-13-2020, 03:01 PM - 3 Likes   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Given the apparent enthusiasm for B&W in our group at present, perhaps it should be fostered by having a Black & White THEME DAY nominated for a day later this month ??
03-13-2020, 03:57 PM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Black and white is always a favorite for me.

I really hope no one is infected with COVID19. My second planned conference was also cancelled, and my wife and have been told to work from home for the next two weeks. Not really a hardship, since most of the work I am involved in can be cone virtually, but I have one less excuse as to why the "honey-do" list can't be completed, I can't blame having to stay late at the office!
03-13-2020, 04:17 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
We got very excited at school yesterday that we might be shut for a couple of weeks but sadly it didn't happen. The teachers were probably worse than the pupils. However, I fully expect school closures to come at some point in the next few weeks.