03-16-2020, 05:27 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PP Challenge #324

PP Challenge #324.

Resized

PP Challenge #324

Sorry guys and girls- I only shoot JPEG.

I'll end this next Monday 23rd March.

For the next host:
The Mediafire website is: mediafire.com
The login name is: ppchallenge@tmphillips.com
The password is: postprocessing

Read more at: PP Challenge 323 - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by noelcmn; 03-16-2020 at 05:37 AM.
03-16-2020, 10:39 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good photo
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Last edited by mariwalt; 03-20-2020 at 04:06 PM.
03-16-2020, 11:04 AM   #3
The one and only
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It's been awhile from my last visit in PPC. Here's my entry:

03-17-2020, 12:19 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Me too, thought it time to throw my hat back in the ring.

Tas

03-18-2020, 05:41 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

90s style
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
03-20-2020, 10:07 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And my attempt:

03-21-2020, 08:32 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
As Noel doesn't get to see much snow, I thought I'd add it to his image.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
03-21-2020, 09:21 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's so nice, @tuggie76. Youé really inspiring me!

03-21-2020, 11:47 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is NOT an entry for the challenge as the original picture is hardly recognizable anymore. It's only to show what @tuggie76 has inspired me to - it was fun!

5 Days Ago   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@noelcmn, still eagerly waiting! Or would you rather someone else took over? (I heard South Africa's gone into lockdown as well ) .
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi guys, Pardon the lateness of this, we are indeed entering a 21 day lockdown from midnight tonight 25th. I have been hectically busy, arranging things at the Orphanage, and make sure we all get the necessary permits to travel to and fro from the Orphanage. And run a Holiday Club, and keep the kids occupied. and...

I'm going with Tas's submission, like that rain that has been added, which contributes to the impact of some wonderful PP. Imho, that image works best with a B/W treatment, though I like that color binge from Lidy.

Thanks you all. Over to you Tas.
5 Days Ago   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you, @noelcmn! Did you manage to get everything ready in time? We're not used to all these things that are part of a lockdown, and if you're taking care of children, it's even more difficult. Will you have to stay inside as much as possible, or will you be allowed a little freedom of movement? This whole thing is heartbreaking and affecting a great many lives. I wish you well there! Look after yourself, by the sound of it there are many people depending on you. As we say in Dutch: heel veel sterkte!

@tas: great, congratulations. I liked your added rain as well!!
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Lidy. Lockdown basically means only essential goods and services are exempt, and our orphanage falls under that category- "Care Services and Social relief of distress for older persons, mentally ill patients, persons with disabilities, the sick and children", is how the Govt Gazette states it. You are required to have a duly signed letter from your employer, or this case the Director of the Orphanage to enable you to travel or move around. Otherwise we must stay at home. I am on call, just to provide some relief to the care mothers and staff that will be doing that 24/7. Also I am able to apply my status as pastor, but only for purposes of funerals and care of the Sick. Apparently, you are allowed to walk on the sidewalk, but not sure for how long. I should llike to carry on doing my dily 9km exercise walk, albeit that it will be in my neighborhood. Quite a bit of confusion abounds. Me thinks I'll be busy on the Forum during the lockdown , plus editing the thousands of images that I have not done for a few years now.
5 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #14
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Hi guys, Pardon the lateness of this, we are indeed entering a 21 day lockdown from midnight tonight 25th. I have been hectically busy, arranging things at the Orphanage, and make sure we all get the necessary permits to travel to and fro from the Orphanage. And run a Holiday Club, and keep the kids occupied. and...

I'm going with Tas's submission, like that rain that has been added, which contributes to the impact of some wonderful PP. Imho, that image works best with a B/W treatment, though I like that color binge from Lidy.

Thanks you all. Over to you Tas.
Wow thank you very much for selecting my version of your image.

I can understand your delay in finalising the challenge, completely understandable and I must commend you on your work to provide support to those in the community who need it.

These are troubling times all around the world and there's a lot more pain and restrictions to come. Necessary they are too if the world is to get ahead of the spread of this thing. All the best to you mate, I hope you get to take your walks and work through those images when you get some quiet time.

I will aim to have the next round up by tomorrow morning (Dingo time), and hope everyone from this challenge can come back for another go at the next challenge.

Stay safe everyone.

Tas
4 Days Ago   #15
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PP Challenge #325 is alive!

G'day everyone,

As promised it's Saturday morning and PP Challenge #325 is up and ready for you to take on the challenge.

You can find #325 here: PP Challenge #325 - PentaxForums.com

I hope you give this one a go too.

Tas