Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2020, 04:25 PM - 4 Likes   #346
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
"Stickee".
This puppy's bark is definitely worse than its bite...........................

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 04-18-2020 at 05:14 PM. Reason: typo
04-18-2020, 04:36 PM - 5 Likes   #347
Veteran Member

Just two words: Pizza and Beer

Quarantine Food
04-18-2020, 04:45 PM   #348
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jquill Quote
Just two words. Pizza and Beer
I love those two words.

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 04-18-2020 at 10:39 PM. Reason: typo
04-18-2020, 05:03 PM   #349
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jquill Quote
Just two words: Pizza and Beer

Quarantine Food
I just had dinner, but I think I need that too😀

04-18-2020, 05:14 PM - 1 Like   #350
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
I just had dinner, but I think I need that too😀
Always room for pizza and beer jquill.
04-18-2020, 07:20 PM - 7 Likes   #351
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not quite cabin fever, we just got done moving. It was really interesting driving 700 miles during the corona virus shutdown. Seemed like at least the same number of trucks, but way fewer cars in most places. We only made two fuel stops, one as we were leaving and one in Virginia. Oddly, we got gasoline in Lima, Ohio for $1.09 per gallon, and paid $1.79 in Virginia, which usually has the cheapest fuel we see on this route. Packed all of our food and drink. We stopped at some rest areas, they were like ghost towns compared to normal. Fester and Emmie rode in the back seat of the truck, in a special "pet tent", what I would call it. They were well behaved the entire way, well after Fester got a few treats.

Now we are in the new house, still unpacking, I think this is what you would do forever in Hell. But, I've got to admit it's getting better, a little better all the time (It can't get no worse). Glad to be able to take the time to catch up on this thread. Looks like everybody is still sane, or no worse than they were before.

These are cell phone pics, no time to find the real camera.

Fester at the old house wondering "where is the furniture?". Emmie was in hiding.

Fester exploring at the new house as stuff gets put away. Emmie was in hiding, she's not hiding now.
04-18-2020, 07:44 PM   #352
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Not quite cabin fever, we just got done moving. It was really interesting driving 700 miles during the corona virus shutdown. Seemed like at least the same number of trucks, but way fewer cars in most places. We only made two fuel stops, one as we were leaving and one in Virginia. Oddly, we got gasoline in Lima, Ohio for $1.09 per gallon, and paid $1.79 in Virginia, which usually has the cheapest fuel we see on this route. Packed all of our food and drink. We stopped at some rest areas, they were like ghost towns compared to normal. Fester and Emmie rode in the back seat of the truck, in a special "pet tent", what I would call it. They were well behaved the entire way, well after Fester got a few treats.

Now we are in the new house, still unpacking, I think this is what you would do forever in Hell. But, I've got to admit it's getting better, a little better all the time (It can't get no worse). Glad to be able to take the time to catch up on this thread. Looks like everybody is still sane, or no worse than they were before.

These are cell phone pics, no time to find the real camera.

Fester at the old house wondering "where is the furniture?". Emmie was in hiding.

Fester exploring at the new house as stuff gets put away. Emmie was in hiding, she's not hiding now.
Hey Tom, welcome back. Very glad to hear that the move went well. Moving can be stressful at the best of times, so moving house now must have really tested your nerves.................and the cats too !!!
Fester looks VERY good as a wall ornament. I do hope there is a suitable " Fester " shelf in the new house.

04-18-2020, 07:55 PM - 2 Likes   #353
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not quite cabin fever, we just got done moving. <snip> I think this is what you would do forever in Hell. But, I've got to admit it's getting better, a little better all the time (It can't get no worse). Glad to be able to take the time to catch up on this thread. Looks like everybody is still sane, or no worse than they were before.
I”d consider doing a number of formerly unimaginable things for the chance to get out of my WFH space in my cellar And drive 700 miles. Today I sat out on the patio for a couple hours in a fleece and windbreaker (48o) because the sun was out. I’m about done with this.

I can smell a whiff of mass rebellion civil disobedience in the air.
04-18-2020, 08:28 PM - 2 Likes   #354
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hey Tom, welcome back. Very glad to hear that the move went well. Moving can be stressful at the best of times, so moving house now must have really tested your nerves.................and the cats too !!!
Fester looks VERY good as a wall ornament. I do hope there is a suitable " Fester " shelf in the new house.
He was locked in a large closet until the movers left, then within 30 minutes he was on top of the kitchen cabinets, about 8 feet up, higher ceilings and taller cabinets than the old house, a little later he was spotted on the fireplace mantle, he's still having a good time exploring, probably been in every box that was unpacked, some before they were unpacked.

Stressful, yes it is. My wife had been stressed out about having to drive to get both vehicles there. She didn't complain at all (about the drive!) once it was done. I'm more stressed about the seemingly never ending list of post move tasks, but, it's happening, the tasks are getting done. Of my 8 top items, 1 was completed today, with any luck, one or two more will fall tomorrow. Hopefully I can get out with a camera soon!
04-18-2020, 08:45 PM   #355
Closed Account

Original Poster
Of my 8 top items, 1 was completed today, with any luck, one or two more will fall tomorrow. Hopefully I can get out with a camera soon!
Good to hear buddy.
04-18-2020, 09:24 PM   #356
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I”d consider doing a number of formerly unimaginable things for the chance to get out of my WFH space in my cellar And drive 700 miles. Today I sat out on the patio for a couple hours in a fleece and windbreaker (48o) because the sun was out. I’m about done with this.

I can smell a whiff of mass rebellion civil disobedience in the air.
Aren't parks and the like open by you?
04-18-2020, 10:04 PM - 1 Like   #357
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Aren't parks and the like open by you?
I’m in a hotspot County (or so they claim). All county, and city parks within the county, have been ordered closed - strictly enforced - because people went to the parks the first weekend after the stay at home order. All features of city parks are off-limits except walking trails - you literally are not permitted to go sit on a bench. You have to keep moving. Vehicles are prohibited inside the larger parks also, so you can’t really drive 12 miles over there and walk around. All State Parks are closed. Driving around just to drive around is a No-No. Just.Stay.Home. Is on highway message boards. The stay-at-home order has been extended indefinitely!

All we can do is walk around the neighborhood, which is better than nothing. Fortunately I have an actual grass lawn on a large lot and we have sidewalks, but there really is nothing open that you can walk to except the Famers’ Market (today is opening day). Fresh veggies are nice, but how many do I need? I couldn’t even get my wife a birthday present.

Our hospitals have never come even CLOSE to being full. A few hundred hospitalizations. 77 deaths. We don’t close up shop for the 400 MURDERS that happen here every year. This is way over the top. I have noting Forum-suitable to say.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-18-2020 at 10:22 PM.
04-18-2020, 11:37 PM   #358
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
All county, and city parks within the county, have been ordered closed - strictly enforced
We are the same (although I am not really affected). You can walk on the paths in parks, but don't stop! And it should be your local park. Beaches are the same - not that there is any beach near us. You can't drive from Brisbane to the Gold Coast to go for a swim. But you can go for a swim if you live at the Gold Coast. It does sound silly but the problem is that if you ask people to use a bit of common sense, a large proportion of the population just has no sense at all. One group who was fined for having a party in breach of the social distancing rules claimed they didn't know there was a pandemic!

Still, I will be glad when it is over. At least Australia is doing OK with the virus (can't say what will happen to the economy). That is the advantage of being an island.
04-19-2020, 05:00 AM - 8 Likes   #359
Pentaxian

Some inspiration:

Desperate to Shoot, Wedding Photographer Turns to Barbie and Ken | Fstoppers
04-19-2020, 05:14 AM   #360
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
Some inspiration:
Great shot.