Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2020, 04:43 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
pjv's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,575
Silly Coronavirus "Self Isolation" Household images

Hi folks, Jim ( @Parallax ) had a great idea to start a " Coronavirus " thread for those who are self isolating, just to keep those creative juices flowing.

EDIT - If you're stuck indoors, show us what it's like.

MOD EDIT:This is a photo challenge. All future posts without a photo will be deleted.


Last edited by Parallax; 03-19-2020 at 05:27 AM.
03-18-2020, 04:45 PM - 6 Likes   #2
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
pjv's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,575
Original Poster
Spilt milk, but I aint cryin'

First cab off the rank. EDIT - I got sent home from work today because my company has run out of materials ( sheet metals from China ).
My 1st official isolation pic.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by pjv; 03-18-2020 at 05:48 PM.
03-18-2020, 05:40 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elida, Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,083
Mostly it has been rain and gloomy skies to match but Sunday afternoon we got out for a walk. This is the high school gym just beyond the backyard and this time of year high school tournaments would have been wrapping up. A lot of tournament games are played here since it seats about 3200, actually most of the games scheduled here were played before they stopped the tournament. The two levels left to play were scheduled at the big college arenas.

And the local high school has installed solar panels behind the school.





Last edited by ramseybuckeye; 03-18-2020 at 05:45 PM.
03-18-2020, 05:45 PM - 15 Likes   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Riggomatic's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Auburn, Indiana
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,798
One of those days...


03-18-2020, 06:12 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elida, Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,083
QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
One of those days...
I hope for your sake you didn't go through it all.
03-18-2020, 06:15 PM - 5 Likes   #6
Pentaxian
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 21,185
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I hope for your sake you didn't go through it all.
Thinking twice about throwing out all those old phonebooks!
03-18-2020, 06:18 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Riggomatic's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Auburn, Indiana
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,798
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I hope for your sake you didn't go through it all.
Just a silly picture .
03-18-2020, 06:41 PM - 5 Likes   #8
dbs
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Clare Valley S A
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,169
QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Just a silly picture .
Not so...........thats the story in 80 % of houses in Australia .... the other 20 % have all the TP !


Dave

03-18-2020, 07:14 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elida, Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,083
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Not so...........thats the story in 80 % of houses in Australia .... the other 20 % have all the TP !


Dave
That must be universal, I've been in three groceries in the past week, the two largest were entirely sold out. One with probably an 80-100 foot long aisle completely empty, it's crazy.
03-18-2020, 07:17 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Larrymc's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mississippi, USA
Posts: 3,089
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Not so...........thats the story in 80 % of houses in Australia .... the other 20 % have all the TP !


Dave
Yikes!!!
03-18-2020, 07:17 PM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elida, Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,083
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Thinking twice about throwing out all those old phonebooks!
I don't think we have any old phonebooks, actually I don't think we've had one at all for a few years. I guess we'll have to go for direct mail advertising, but those glossy sheets won't do too well.
03-18-2020, 07:20 PM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Larrymc's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mississippi, USA
Posts: 3,089
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
That must be universal, I've been in three groceries in the past week, the two largest were entirely sold out. One with probably an 80-100 foot long aisle completely empty, it's crazy.
Yep its pretty much universal. Last Thursday was our grocery day and luckily I bought some, the shelves had plenty but the next day not a roll on the shelves, same for paper towels........People are nuts!!!!
03-18-2020, 07:52 PM - 3 Likes   #13
dbs
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Clare Valley S A
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,169
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
That must be universal, I've been in three groceries in the past week, the two largest were entirely sold out. One with probably an 80-100 foot long aisle completely empty, it's crazy.
Hi Tom

Yes it is crazy considering its a respiratory virus.

Dave
03-18-2020, 08:01 PM   #14
dbs
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Clare Valley S A
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,169
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
just in case, I restarted a subscription to my local paper

both digital and more importantly if the need arise, the actual home delivery of the physical paper

so I think we will be ok
Hi Allen

The maker of said TP has not stopped production ....... so the supply is still rolling along.
The maker has had to up production because of stupid people.
The amount people are buying is just stupid .... they woun't need to buy any for 12 months at normal usage amounts ( just guessing )

The media has a lot too answer for .... as usual.

Dave.
03-18-2020, 08:04 PM   #15
dbs
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Clare Valley S A
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,169
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
just in case, I restarted a subscription to my local paper

both digital and more importantly if the need arise, the actual home delivery of the physical paper

so I think we will be ok
Hi Allen

If this gets any crazier then you will not recieve your paper ( I have a feeling and I deliver the paper )

Why ? ....... The printers are having a 2 week enforced holiday / isolation break in April over here


Dave
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adelaide, bread, couple, flickr, hours, inches, isolation " household, photo ops, pizza, pm, post, self, self isolation, tom
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coronavirus nonpigliounoshoot General Talk 1158 1 Minute Ago 03:56 AM
CIPA Jan 2020: pre-coronavirus and already really bad beholder3 Photographic Industry and Professionals 13 03-09-2020 09:37 AM
Ten household items that can improve your food photography interested_observer Photographic Technique 2 11-17-2013 06:07 PM
Abstract Household Cavalry paulyrichard Post Your Photos! 6 11-08-2009 07:38 AM
Post your household shots roentarre Post Your Photos! 44 01-31-2007 09:07 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:57 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top