Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 143 Likes Search this Thread
04-05-2020, 09:58 AM - 2 Likes   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Hi Barondla, I keep getting errors of not finding the file you are posting when I try to comment on it. Perhaps there is a different way you can post?
Cheers Gary
Southlander wrote me a tutorial. Thanks Southlander. Will follow it in my next posting onTues. or Wed. Work is awful until then. Still planning to take photos every day.

My state (Missouri, USA) will be totally closed starting monday. I'm an essential employee and allowed to travel to and from work. But, this radically changes my photo plans. No parks, neat locations or night shots. Sigh.
Thanks,
barondla

04-05-2020, 12:05 PM   #47
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Southlander wrote me a tutorial. Thanks Southlander. Will follow it in my next posting onTues. or Wed. Work is awful until then. Still planning to take photos every day.

My state (Missouri, USA) will be totally closed starting monday. I'm an essential employee and allowed to travel to and from work. But, this radically changes my photo plans. No parks, neat locations or night shots. Sigh.
Thanks,
barondla

I hear you - I'm in SW Missouri, but have been working from home for the last two weeks...
04-05-2020, 04:59 PM - 2 Likes   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I hear you - I'm in SW Missouri, but have been working from home for the last two weeks...
Southeast here. I live on a farm/in the woods so there will probably be more nature shots than originally planned.
Thanks,
barondla

Last edited by barondla; 04-05-2020 at 05:09 PM.
04-06-2020, 12:09 AM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

Caught up - will be commenting on people's pictures a little later.

04-06-2020, 02:29 AM - 1 Like   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A busy weekend leads to a busy Monday. Probably won't catch up on posting or commenting before Tuesday.
04-06-2020, 03:14 AM - 2 Likes   #51
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Hi all. I'm still alive, but the first two days of April (13 hour operating list, car accident) really took the wind out of my sails.

Maybe next month. Sorry Doug.

I wondered

Stay well, cuz
04-07-2020, 08:29 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Created a new album and followed southlander's tutorial. No difference. Link still doesn't lead back to my album. Sigh.

So I signed up for Flickr. Uploaded next challenge picture there to film roll. Created an album and placed image in it. How to I get picture and Flickr link posted here to the Single In April group. Tried searching but didn't find the answer.
Thanks,
barondla

04-07-2020, 08:52 PM - 1 Like   #53
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Flickr is easy.

At the bottom right of your image view page, click the "Share Photo" arrow
Select the "BBCode" option
Pick a size - I use 1024 on the long side
Copy and paste the BBCode into your post in the daily thread. Boom
04-08-2020, 12:36 AM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Created a new album and followed southlander's tutorial. No difference. Link still doesn't lead back to my album. Sigh.

So I signed up for Flickr. Uploaded next challenge picture there to film roll. Created an album and placed image in it. How to I get picture and Flickr link posted here to the Single In April group. Tried searching but didn't find the answer.
Thanks,
barondla
Okay, this is all a bit strange. So this is a spare image from this month that I've stuck in a user album because you shouldn't have to use Flickr if you don't want to.

This is the guidance I followed
How to upload / link photos - BEGINNERS START HERE - PentaxForums.com

After reading the above I uploaded this one using the:
  • Post Reply and then Insert Album Photo link beneath the emojis
  • For the "From, As and Show" boxes I selected "Pictures and Albums, Original linked to gallery below and Test for Single in April"
  • Then click on the image once and close the window which returns to the thread

I can click the link below the image in this thread and follow it...... What about everyone else?????????

So, if this doesn't work.......why not? I don't know what else to suggest as I have only ever posted a link to an album before and not an individual image

Last edited by W412ren; 04-08-2020 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Tidying up the post
04-08-2020, 04:05 AM   #55
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

seems to work for me - I can see the image and there is a hyperlink below it if I want to go to your gallery where the image is at...
04-08-2020, 08:13 AM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

FWIW, I use either the Gallery or Flickr for my Single In images. It really depends on how long I want to keep that image in my Flickr page.
04-11-2020, 03:30 AM - 4 Likes   #57
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
So. Pixel-shift then. I was dubious about really how much real-world difference it would deliver. Having done with and without on my comic book pages today, I’m definitely a believer. Nothing wrong with the non-shifted version, but with it enabled there was a very clear improvement. Perhaps I shouldn’t have been such a doubting Thomas.
04-11-2020, 05:30 AM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
So. Pixel-shift then. I was dubious about really how much real-world difference it would deliver. Having done with and without on my comic book pages today, I’m definitely a believer. Nothing wrong with the non-shifted version, but with it enabled there was a very clear improvement. Perhaps I shouldn’t have been such a doubting Thomas.
It can make a fairly large difference on some shots, other times not so much. You're using PS in the best scenario...flat, nonmoving subject, with no wind. Besides sharpness, PS is amazing on subjects with only slight color variations. It enhances the subtle color tints. Enjoy.
Thanks for sharing,
barondla
04-11-2020, 05:34 AM - 1 Like   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Pixel-shift then.
Thanks for the reminder. I am not making enough use of that feature, maybe I should make a User Mode for Pixel Shift, and save it so I can put it to use more often.
04-11-2020, 10:48 AM - 1 Like   #60
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Thanks for the reminder. I am not making enough use of that feature, maybe I should make a User Mode for Pixel Shift, and save it so I can put it to use more often.
Me Too
I always forget about this - I like the suggestion of a User Mode - must look into it.