amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
A beautiful shot. Congrats.
thank you...

04-25-2020, 02:56 AM - 2 Likes   #32
Pentaxian

I know there are a few in this group that have dabbled with pinholes, well just a heads up that tomorrow is world pinhole day.
https://pinholeday.org/

I might see if I have any film handy and take the pinhole camera on my daily exercise if the weather holds out.

04-25-2020, 03:51 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
I know there are a few in this group that have dabbled with pinholes, well just a heads up that tomorrow is world pinhole day.
Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day

I might see if I have any film handy and take the pinhole camera on my daily exercise if the weather holds out.
Many thanks for the "heads up". I was unaware of this.
04-25-2020, 04:16 AM   #34
Pentaxian

I always remember about it once it's been and gone, on it this year. A good excuse to get the camera out.

04-25-2020, 01:01 PM - 2 Likes   #35
Pentaxian

Yea, just made a purchase of blackmagic pocket 4K and one Oly zoom(one I should have got with my oly at first place). I have done streams and seems that it will be going on for a while. I have to say that why on the eatrh have i not tried this before. Seems so natural. I wanted better 'first cam' and my K-1 will go to other places and Gopro will...it is getting out of hands...or is it. anyways. it has been busy and emotional rollercoaster. Still i think that I'm heading to right direction. it is still fun to do these things like Daily. Dunno why i wrote all of this, but yea, here we go. last week ahead. Perhaps I will do actually daily day theme tomorrow. have just been doing my stuff so far
04-25-2020, 03:45 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Yea, just made a purchase of blackmagic pocket 4K and one Oly zoom(one I should have got with my oly at first place). I have done streams and seems that it will be going on for a while. I have to say that why on the eatrh have i not tried this before. Seems so natural. I wanted better 'first cam' and my K-1 will go to other places and Gopro will...it is getting out of hands...or is it. anyways. it has been busy and emotional rollercoaster. Still i think that I'm heading to right direction. it is still fun to do these things like Daily. Dunno why i wrote all of this, but yea, here we go. last week ahead. Perhaps I will do actually daily day theme tomorrow. have just been doing my stuff so far

Write what you want mate; the interaction between players is integral to the health of the DIC group. You've given me a hearty chuckle at breakfast this morning, thinking of you struggling with your GAS
04-25-2020, 11:10 PM - 1 Like   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Write what you want mate; the interaction between players is integral to the health of the DIC group. You've given me a hearty chuckle at breakfast this morning, thinking of you struggling with your GAS
GAS. Yes. That thing seems to be lurking everywhere, allways taking every opportunity to surface. And it always does.

04-26-2020, 06:13 AM   #38
Pentaxian

So the light just isn't there to warrant the time and expense on a roll of 120 in the pinhole, will have to wait for another day. So instead I am going to head out with the IR Sony version and see what's what, a bit more discreet in these lockdown times too...

---------- Post added 26-04-20 at 14:15 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
just made a purchase of blackmagic pocket 4K
Will be interesting to see how you get on with that, looks a proper piece of kit.
04-26-2020, 10:31 AM   #39
Pentaxian

EDIT: Got the camera today and did put it in with my K-1 not 'just' for head tohead, but overal impression ect. DOwnloading latest software now...but my feel of that camera is great! Yes, it is 'plasticy' and big(for cinemacamera it is small). I can use ISO 3200 with out any problem even with HDMI out. So I can stop that shutter down. for deeper DoF for my peformance. Highlights are better and overal colour. Something what I could have been expecting AND I have not even tried that BRAW or Prores422 with 50FPS 4KDCI yet. That 422 10-bit HDMI out make big difference. I tried BRAW with my 16 GB memorycard, and could record 2 minutes and it was not fast enough(lol) i have SDD also but at that time I did not have it plugged in. Looks really promising, also that fact that there is AC adapter so in my studio it can be plugged in whole day.

Happy about this thing. Should have pulled that trigger sooner.

QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
So the light just isn't there to warrant the time and expense on a roll of 120 in the pinhole, will have to wait for another day. So instead I am going to head out with the IR Sony version and see what's what, a bit more discreet in these lockdown times too...

---------- Post added 26-04-20 at 14:15 ----------

Will be interesting to see how you get on with that, looks a proper piece of kit.
Having big hope for that, will se that soon.

Last edited by repaap; 04-27-2020 at 11:26 AM.
04-27-2020, 04:18 PM - 2 Likes   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Daily in May 2020 - discussion thread - PentaxForums.com
04-27-2020, 06:13 PM - 1 Like   #41
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

sweeeeet!
04-29-2020, 11:13 AM - 4 Likes   #42
Pentaxian

It has been busy and emotional month.

I believe it has been similar for many. Hope you are coping well, and I think that most of you are.

I'm truly happy that my new way of doing my business has taken off alteast so that I'll be making it too. I have a lot to learn in video depatrment, seems that being part of this photo challenge as other, it does help me to get hang of new things like this too. I'm debating on if I'll have time to attemp next month thou because Streaming and prepairing it is pretty much fulltime job. Let's see. Perhaps i'll do some video and photo. I have to learn a lot of things. I have been pleasently surprised by my K-1 for it's video and HDMI out especially, and if it's sensor could handle LED's and it would be better if when light dramatically changes there would not be reacting to that, it would be even better, but no. It is for photography but still video is better than lot of people say it is. But having that BMPCC now really shows me that things can be better. And it don't have to be expensive(was looking Panny, but purely video/cinema BMPCC is better. Unless one buys GH5 or better.) Thinking of buying one more of BMPCC still..let's see how things evolve from here.

Just some thoughts.

going to think if I'll join. Just wanted to share some of my thoughts. Lot of thoughts more but I'll keep them for my self now.

Take care you all. one more day to go this month