Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 33 Likes Search this Thread
04-02-2020, 06:31 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Heebie Quote
I like the way it came out. I'd like to hear feedback from others, of course!

Attachment 491902
I love the sky.

04-03-2020, 10:18 AM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote
I love the sky.
Thanks. It's the sky that came with the image, I just tweaked the individual saturation of a few colors to get that result.
04-04-2020, 08:21 PM - 1 Like   #18
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
PP Challenge #325 is closed

Hi Everyone,

It's time to draw #325 to a close.

Thanks to each and everyone of you for having a go at creating a unique version of this image. I hope you enjoyed the challenge.

So the image was set up like this for a reason, and in comparing each version I still had a desire to see less of the scenery and allowing the eye drawn to the people.

The variety of interpretations was great to see, some more muted colours, some bolder, some more artistic representations (noelcmn painted the sky), some with completely different skies and some that felt like they were taken at a different time of day. Gee, even the moon turned up!

Heebie, I like the magenta in the sky and the restrained working with the light to keep the emphasis on the people. I'd suggest you look for a transform setting in your software to deal with the angle of the buildings. I also suggest you come back regularly for future PP challenges.

I didn't see a weak interpretation done by anyone in #325, so well done everyone it's been a pleasure to host the challenge this week and to see what could be created from a single frame.

As we have from time to time had a nominee unable to host I will go with two runners up and a winner for host.

2nd runner up: For second runner up I would like to acknowledge the naturally subdued look and feel created by Glenn5995. I thought there was too much magenta but after calibrating my screen the colours looked well balanced and very similar to how it looked that evening. The buildings are all straight too. If the winner and first runner up are unable to host, I will be in touch to ask for you to step in.

1st runner up: I liked JHfwp for the warm brighter light on our people with the cooler tones and more subdued light on the city making it closer to how I imagined creating this scene. Closer still and first runner up was the version created by Benz3ne with the glow of the streetlight highlighting our people nicely, keeping them our focus. The dark building in the top left corner leans in a bit and recommend aiming to keep lines straight in a city scene like this. If our winner is unable to host I will be in touch to ask you to take on the role of host.

My favourite for #325: For PP Challenge #325 I chose an image that was straightened nicely, kept the scene understated and let our people be to the fore in the frame. The city and background could for my personal taste be a bit more subdued but I don't think what was created here detracts from the scene to not select todd as the winner for this challenge.

If I had more time to provide some feedback like I prefer to do as host I would offer an undesired opinion from a bloke who dresses in gaudy clothes and needs a haircut. Unfortunately I can't do that today but please I must acknowledge the great work and time spent by everyone on #325. It's always a pleasure to be host until you it's time to have to choose someone for the next challenge.

All the best to you and your families, will see you again in a future challenge.

Tas
04-04-2020, 10:39 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations todd! Thank you Tas for hosting.

04-04-2020, 10:56 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the nod, Tas! Quite a surprise! I'll put up the next round tomorrow.
04-05-2020, 03:14 AM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, @Tas and congrats @todd!
04-05-2020, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Tas and Congrats Todd. Look forward to seeing what you challenge is with.

04-05-2020, 04:28 PM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
326 is live
04-05-2020, 10:21 PM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

Congrats Todd!

Thank you for sharing a wonderful photo and commenting, Tas.
04-05-2020, 11:42 PM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

Congrats Todd and thanks Tas for the runner up position!

A very valuable point about straightening the buildings.