Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2020, 07:41 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In. Despite work I seem to be finding the time to keep up most months. I think I have only missed two days in 14 months, so I'm not going to beat myself up if I miss a day here or there. I did join Flickr's "Macro Monday" and "Crazy Tuesday" groups. They are helping me with image inspiration - so expect a lot more macros from me this month - well more than normal since I have never shied away from macros. I'm still struggling to get comments out to you fine folks however, and I will endeavor to do better in the coming months. Keep on shooting.

05-01-2020, 04:36 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've been struggling but will go on. Today de random generator said: Vivitar series 1 70-210 F3.5 (kiron). So I will put it on after I do the Single challenge.
05-06-2020, 03:41 AM - 2 Likes   #18
Pentaxian

Hey guys - Sorry for my relative absence. Closing my private practice, and starting a new job is taking a fair chunk of headspace at the moment - and since mrs tsuken and I are no longer spending our evenings working, we're playing games with the kids!!! - which means that time isn't available for processing, posting, or viewing and commenting on photos.

But I do still exist; I am still here... kind of.
I will re-establish a balance. Even if it's just earmarking some time on the weekends or something. Until then, my apologies.
05-06-2020, 06:27 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
I will re-establish a balance
Family is more important than photography, enjoy it.

05-07-2020, 12:11 AM - 3 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Family is more important than photography, enjoy it.

Very true 8) and I am indeed
05-07-2020, 03:52 PM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hoping a few shots came out today. I also hope to catch up on commenting now that my schedule is a little freer.
05-12-2020, 06:20 PM - 1 Like   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Today I received the good news that my DA 40 LTD was repairable, for only $60. Hurrah! I intend to pick it up later this week when I go into town.

05-13-2020, 03:36 PM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

So, I just noticed that the 12th of May 2010 was day one of me taking a daily photograph.

I’m bummed that I’ve missed two days in that decade ... but I suppose it’s not too bad in the overall scheme of things

I have a bunch to upload and post - but I am still here and existing
05-13-2020, 06:01 PM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Some days I have no time for photos, other days I do, and time for more than a few at that.
Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to upload, and catch up on comments.
05-16-2020, 06:28 AM   #25
Veteran Member

So, I just noticed that the 12th of May 2010 was day one of me taking a daily photograph.

I’m bummed that I’ve missed two days in that decade ...
That is pretty impressive. Good luck with your new work too. I'm finding it difficult to come up with compelling shots around the house and neighborhood. But we're off today to find a humming bird feeder. Funny how garden shops are essential services around here but with some ppe and distancing it will be ok and I need an outing.
05-16-2020, 01:31 PM - 2 Likes   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
That is pretty impressive. Good luck with your new work too. I'm finding it difficult to come up with compelling shots around the house and neighborhood. But we're off today to find a humming bird feeder. Funny how garden shops are essential services around here but with some ppe and distancing it will be ok and I need an outing.
I too am struggling with finding any photo ops around the house or in the immediate vicinity! Luckily Simon and his excellent videos got me interested again in using my m42 lenses which often surprise me with their results!
05-16-2020, 03:34 PM - 1 Like   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have been busy cleaning and sorting, taking advantage of lulls and the shorter commute I enjoy while working from home. Maybe by June I will have a good workspace to use to stage some ideas or photograph some objects and become more practiced with artificial lighting. Right now, most of that workspace is occupied by stuff that should be donated once the thrift shops reopen, or stuff to sell once the consignment stores reopen. sure, I could post it online, but to get good pix, I would need a workspace to stage it, and so I it kind of a catch-22 .
05-18-2020, 08:25 PM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I’m bummed that I’ve missed two days in that decade ... but I suppose it’s not too bad in the overall scheme of things

I have a bunch to upload and post - but I am still here and existing
3657 days out of 3659 days qualifies as very impressive. There should be a PMForum pin, plaque, or prize for consistent members. I can't even do a month without missing some.
05-20-2020, 11:04 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jim P Quote
3657 days out of 3659 days qualifies as very impressive. There should be a PMForum pin, plaque, or prize for consistent members. I can't even do a month without missing some.

Nice perspective 8) Thanks man
05-26-2020, 08:45 AM - 2 Likes   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ding ding ding!
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/4...on-thread.html