Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2020, 09:14 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Your last picture taken before lockdown

Show us the last picture(s) that you took before you were confined to your residence.

Here is mine, taken on the streets of Johannesburg.

BTW, a konka is a drum or large tin, often one with perforated sides, used as a brazier.

05-10-2020, 09:39 AM - 3 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A few from my last day- 26 March 2020

05-10-2020, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Love to but mines in a photolab thats locked down
05-10-2020, 01:22 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
I know how you feel. My SMC Pentax 50mm f/1.2 is sitting in a locked down workshop.

05-10-2020, 01:23 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No total lock down here, we are allowed to go out anytime as long as you keep your social distance. My film lab is also open, so I can get my film developed as well. I've been shooting more than usual, due to the nice weather and there's not much else to do as everything is closed and no sports to watch on TV.

Phil.
05-10-2020, 01:47 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
Perhaps the most apted post for this thread. I had to laugh. Sorry to hear.
05-10-2020, 05:53 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We have not experienced "lockdown" either, we were still able to go outside and walk around town, and metroparks. The odd thing was that we had sold our house and bought a new house before this started, and that put moving date right in the thick of things. We had several weeks to get ready for the move, packing things us, deciding purging things, etc. Finally, moving day came, the movers loaded up, we stayed the last night in the old house sleeping on an air bed, and set off on the 700 mile drive early the next morning, my wife in the car, myself in a pickup truck along with two cats. Most of the driving was on Interstates and other limited access highways, and in some places the traffic seemed light, other not so much. Of course truck traffic was not light, probably heavier. We did stop at several rest areas to eat our packed food, and use the restrooms, and you could really see the difference there, places that are usually very busy were very sparsely used. I did not have a chance to take any photos along the way, we had to make this trip in one day and didn't waste much time. We got to the new house, put the airbed up and spent the first night on that, the movers delivered the next day. Since then we have been very busy unpacking, finding things, getting thing the way we want them, etc. We aren't totally staying in, we've had several trips to home improvement stores (Lowes and Home Depot) wearing masks and hand sanitizing like crazy. That part is slowing down and I have been able to take some photos close to the house. The whole move kind of worked out well, because we were first preparing for the move, then organizing the new house, in that it kept us busy, and not going insane like many people. I think things are going to start opening up, so things will be changing.

Anyway, here is the last picture outside before the "shutdown" officially started, as I said above, there were some others taken outside during it all with proper social distancing.
Name:  20200308-Pentax KP-022.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  223.5 KB
05-11-2020, 11:10 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Dance

Nebraska Governor Ricketts' Covid Emergency Declaration was issued the afternoon of March 13th. This image was captured that morning. Not the sharpest...too much haze/humidity.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
05-11-2020, 11:24 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
This image was taken just before the one in my previous post. They were taken on March 16, 2020. I use public transport, so I opted to work remotely fairly early in the game.