Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2020, 12:08 AM - 1 Like   #106
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just catching up with planning for the month. I will delay joining until the 100mm F2.8 Macro WR arrives, if it ships tomorrow. Otherwise, not sure what I will shoot.

06-02-2020, 12:46 AM   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
(I'm probably going to regret this post in a few days time...)

I've never done a Single In challenge, but it looks fun. I'm still just in time to join.... so I'll give it a go...

Looks like wide angle is a general choice this month. So, logically, I should join in with my 21 Ltd... but that would be too easy. I think I need to counter-balance some of these wide angles and go for tele. The A 400 it is!

I hope you can bear all the bear shots...

Welcome 8)

I certainly look forward to seeing what you do

---------- Post added 2nd Jun 2020 at 05:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote

I'm gonna ask everyone to participate in selfie day, though. C'mon. I've been working from home since St. Patrick's Day and I need to SEE PEOPLE'S FACES.[COLOR="Silver"]

Yessir ma’am!

---------- Post added 2nd Jun 2020 at 05:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Does anyone plan their month ahead? I have a lens, camera, it should be OK with this subject matter and then plan out their days ahead with various subjects in mind? Or is it a seat of a pants job like I typically do and invariably fail at..

Hells bells, no! That’s far, far too organised xP
06-02-2020, 01:01 AM - 2 Likes   #108
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Welcome 8)

I certainly look forward to seeing what you do

---------- Post added 2nd Jun 2020 at 05:50 PM ----------

Yessir ma’am!

---------- Post added 2nd Jun 2020 at 05:52 PM ----------

Hells bells, no! That’s far, far too organised xP
K, seat of the pants then...

Funny back story to that. I had settled into the bath, when I heard a couple of cats having a good scrap out the back, so I hopped into my slipper boots and out into the garden sans any clothing. Once I had sorted that Max (my cat) was OK, took the camera up and took a couple of shots and sunk back in So you could seat of no pants!

Last edited by robbiec; 06-02-2020 at 01:10 AM.
06-02-2020, 01:05 AM   #109
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
K, seat of the pants then...
there you go, it'll be fun!!!

06-02-2020, 02:03 AM   #110
Pentaxian

Single In June 2020

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Is it the 2.5 or 2.8 version?

‘tis the 2.5. It is really nice; I’m just not sure it has quite the feel of my SMC Tak

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tsumabiken/sets/72157649513148330

Edit ... actually I’ve just reviewed that album. I don’t think there’s anything between them really, and I’m getting excited by it. I used it in March and didn’t really “get” it again. Will have to give it another SI run-through soon

Last edited by Tsuken; 06-02-2020 at 02:57 AM.
06-02-2020, 04:57 AM   #111
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone use YouPic? Was going through one of my gmail accounts and had two messages from a community manager looking to showcase some of my work that they spotted on Instagram. Specifically mentioned Irish photographers but they seem to like my 'style', random as it is
06-02-2020, 05:36 AM - 4 Likes   #112
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi all. I think I should bail on the June Challenge.

With CoViD-19 restrictions lifted on elective surgery, I'm crazy busy at the moment. Add moderation duties and the usual end of financial year nonsense, and something's got to give....

I'll try to re-boot in July once the dust has settled. Have fun you crazy kids <3

06-02-2020, 05:57 AM   #113
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote

With CoViD-19 restrictions lifted on elective surgery, I'm crazy busy at the moment. Add moderation duties and the usual end of financial year nonsense, and something's got to give....

I'll try to re-boot in July once the dust has settled. Have fun you crazy kids <3
I will miss your participation.
06-02-2020, 06:31 AM   #114
Veteran Member

That's too bad - but good to return to some sense of normalcy...

(By the way, I was just wondering if you saw my request to join the Flickr 'Single Challenges' group?)
06-02-2020, 09:51 AM   #115
Pentaxian

Hopefully that new 85 finds its way to you by then
06-02-2020, 11:42 AM   #116
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChatMechant Quote
Hopefully that new 85 finds its way to you by then
That would be sweet
06-02-2020, 11:52 AM - 5 Likes   #117
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

This is going to be embarrassing. Some might remember that I complained yesterday that M35/2 felt more tight than I expected. I figured out the reason today while packing lenses to take with me to the beach, as I found my M35/2 in my bag Despite checking the lens twice yesterday I had accidentally put M85/2 on camera. Without reading glasses I had read that 8 as 3. Twice. First when I chose the lens to put on and second time while shooting, as it felt too tight

So I shall delete my shot from the first day and will have to leave it blank, which will ruin my perfect record I have managed to hold until today.
06-02-2020, 12:20 PM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
This is going to be embarrassing. Some might remember that I complained yesterday that M35/2 felt more tight than I expected. I figured out the reason today while packing lenses to take with me to the beach, as I found my M35/2 in my bag Despite checking the lens twice yesterday I had accidentally put M85/2 on camera. Without reading glasses I had read that 8 as 3. Twice. First when I chose the lens to put on and second time while shooting, as it felt too tight

So I shall delete my shot from the first day and will have to leave it blank, which will ruin my perfect record I have managed to hold until today.
I think it's a great story and you should just keep it as is.
06-02-2020, 01:31 PM   #119
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No...... Leave it as a permanent reminder
06-02-2020, 02:19 PM - 1 Like   #120
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lol! You should leave it, it's not like any of us noticed...