Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2020, 03:53 PM   #121
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Lol! You should leave it, it's not like any of us noticed...

bingo - nobody caught it except you?

let it stand...

06-02-2020, 03:54 PM   #122
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
This is going to be embarrassing. Some might remember that I complained yesterday that M35/2 felt more tight than I expected. I figured out the reason today while packing lenses to take with me to the beach, as I found my M35/2 in my bag Despite checking the lens twice yesterday I had accidentally put M85/2 on camera. Without reading glasses I had read that 8 as 3. Twice. First when I chose the lens to put on and second time while shooting, as it felt too tight

So I shall delete my shot from the first day and will have to leave it blank, which will ruin my perfect record I have managed to hold until today.
Haha. Too funny.
06-02-2020, 07:15 PM   #123
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
I think it's a great story and you should just keep it as is.

Lol totally agree

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2020 at 12:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Hi all. I think I should bail on the June Challenge.

With CoViD-19 restrictions lifted on elective surgery, I'm crazy busy at the moment. Add moderation duties and the usual end of financial year nonsense, and something's got to give....

I'll try to re-boot in July once the dust has settled. Have fun you crazy kids <3

A pity for us, but good for your patients (and colleagues).
06-02-2020, 10:55 PM   #124
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think it's a great story and you should just keep it as is.
I don't want a wrong focal length in my album and I reach my 1000 shots before my M primes end unless I cull about 40 of my worst shots. This was the first to go.

06-03-2020, 01:28 AM - 1 Like   #125
Loyal Site Supporter

This is going to be embarrassing. Some might remember that I complained yesterday that M35/2 felt more tight than I expected. I figured out the reason today while packing lenses to take with me to the beach, as I found my M35/2 in my bag Despite checking the lens twice yesterday I had accidentally put M85/2 on camera. Without reading glasses I had read that 8 as 3. Twice. First when I chose the lens to put on and second time while shooting, as it felt too tight

So I shall delete my shot from the first day and will have to leave it blank, which will ruin my perfect record I have managed to hold until today.
Ismo, you still have a perfect record, a shot everyday..... and now with an added story......... classic
06-03-2020, 07:52 AM - 1 Like   #126
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I reach my 1000 shots ... unless I cull about 40 of my worst shots
Cant you just change the tags for the proper lens and move them to a different album?

In an effort to put use Flickr to showcase my images to other users, I cull my worst shots every month.
My criteria for worst include:
1. Technically bad images
2. Images which got few views.
3. Images which are too generic or essentially duplicates of other images I have posted.
4. Images of which I've since made better copies.
5. Images which were not interesting enough to get comments, despite getting "faves"

I will post some of these culled images to my PF gallery it I want to share them in a themed thread.
06-03-2020, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #127
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Cant you just change the tags for the proper lens and move them to a different album?
I've kept Flickr account purely for the challenge and not willing to start to pay for pro account. I'm sure I can find 40 safeties or otherwise meaningless shots from my 34 months of SIC. After that I plan to left this account unattended and start a new free account for SIC with other lenses than M primes. I have several email addresses so I think I can manage to keep this up for some time

06-03-2020, 02:53 PM - 1 Like   #128

I've kept Flickr account purely for the challenge ..... After that I plan to left this account unattended and start a new free account for SIC ..... I have several email addresses so I think I can manage to keep this up for some time
That's what I'm doing, I bought a couple of domains just so that I could change internet providers and not have to bother changing the family's email addresses (I won't use gmail), so now I can have as many email addresses as I like.
06-04-2020, 12:50 AM - 1 Like   #129
Pentaxian

A busy yesterday saw me fall behind with posting early in the month. I'll catch up a little later today when I get home from work.
06-04-2020, 02:44 AM - 3 Likes   #130
Loyal Site Supporter

First world problem, my computer went away for 2 weeks to get a new screen installed, today I collected it and can finally get back to my normal lightroom and flickr workflow, oh happy day
Hopefully my commenting will now be able to become a little more regular, sorry for being missing in action
06-04-2020, 02:57 AM - 1 Like   #131
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
First world problem, my computer went away for 2 weeks to get a new screen installed, today I collected it and can finally get back to my normal lightroom and flickr workflow, oh happy day
Hopefully my commenting will now be able to become a little more regular, sorry for being missing in action
Force majeure. No problem
06-04-2020, 06:30 AM - 3 Likes   #132
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've kept Flickr account purely for the challenge and not willing to start to pay for pro account. I'm sure I can find 40 safeties or otherwise meaningless shots from my 34 months of SIC. After that I plan to left this account unattended and start a new free account for SIC with other lenses than M primes. I have several email addresses so I think I can manage to keep this up for some time
I don't know if the price/structure has changed since Flickr was sold (maybe I am grandfathered in to some features...), but $50/year is tough to beat for ad-free browsing and unlimited storage (of full resolution images), plus hosting, not to mention the aesthetic presentation and community features. I'm a big fan of Flickr Pro!
06-04-2020, 06:35 AM - 1 Like   #133
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm a big fan of Flickr Pro!
I agree, and it has paid off for me as online storage of many of my favorite photos.
06-04-2020, 07:54 AM - 2 Likes   #134
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In other news, a big box arrived today with a DFA*70-200
All of a sudden my K-3 & DA50-135 feels svelte. Couple of months working out with that and I'm going to be like Popeye after his spinach.

5th pic taken with it (1-4 were just focus on an Olive oil bottle in the kitchen ) - SOOC, 200mm @ f/2.8 + focus breathing , 1/125s - Looks ok to me!

Last edited by robbiec; 06-04-2020 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
06-04-2020, 08:11 AM   #135
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
In other news, a big box arrived today with a DFA*70-200
All of a sudden my K-3 & DA50-135 feels swelte. Couple of months working out with that and I'm going to be like Popeye after his spinach.
That is a monster lens.