Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 446 Likes Search this Thread
07-02-2020, 01:15 AM   #361
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gifthorse Quote
The doc has told me that I'm going blind and I'm not taking the news well at all.
Very sorry to hear such bad news. I don't know what to say... I hope ... well... I hope there's still some hope I guess...

07-02-2020, 02:38 AM   #362
Loyal Site Supporter

This was a sort of tough SIC. The doc has told me that I'm going blind and I'm not taking the news well at all. I was hoping to regenerate some enthusiasm by joining in. So, my take on the 28mm f3.5 Super Takumar. I
Oh my goodness, incredibly hard news to hear. Hopefully the transition can be slowed for as long as possible.
Wonderful month of photos and so clear and bright photos, the horse photo was my favourite
07-02-2020, 03:51 AM   #363
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This was a sort of tough SIC. The doc has told me that I'm going blind and I'm not taking the news well at all. I was hoping to regenerate some enthusiasm by joining in. So, my take on the 28mm f3.5 Super Takumar. It's a good lens. I like the sharpness and the colors. If you need want a 28mm and can get one for a good price, (I got mine for $4) I'd say the Super Tak is a good choice. One thing I didn't care for is the Auto/Manual switch. The switch needs to be in manual for focusing and in auto to stop down the lens. It's easy to forget the switch and then the image is overexposed. I much prefer my Komine made Vivitar 28mm f2 close focusing if I'm using a wide lens. No fiddling with switching Manual/Auto, It's a close focusing lens, and at f2 it's a bunch faster for low light. The Vivitar (if you can find one) runs about $120. The Super Tak runs about $60 but I much prefer the Vivitar. This month's SIC images are posted so here's a few that didn't make into the challenge.

Oh! Mate, that’s really hard news. just .... man. Really sorry to hear. Good idea to make the most of things now, I guess, but a hard thing to do.
07-02-2020, 04:10 AM   #364
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

This was a sort of tough SIC. The doc has told me that I'm going blind and I'm not taking the news well at all. I was hoping to regenerate some enthusiasm by joining in.

I'm sorry to have to read this and feel worse that you are struggling with the news...

I hope you have a strong support network that you can work with through this massive change to your life and cannot imagine your mindframe after receiving that kind of diagnosis...

07-02-2020, 04:59 AM   #365
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The doc has told me that I'm going blind and I'm not taking the news well at all.
That is some tough news. My sympathies and prayers for you.
07-02-2020, 05:08 AM   #366
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This was a sort of tough SIC. The doc has told me that I'm going blind and I'm not taking the news well at all. I was hoping to regenerate some enthusiasm by joining in.

Wild horses
So very sorry to hear your diagnosis. Stay at it as much as you can. Love your Wild Horses image, one of my standouts for the month. Robbie
07-02-2020, 06:58 AM   #367
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh my. No words, very sorry.

07-02-2020, 07:01 AM   #368
Veteran Member

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope the stars line up and this can be a long time prolonged. Continue taking awesome shots
07-02-2020, 07:02 AM - 1 Like   #369
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Agreed, pretty pants. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction though! I'll be sure to give BBCode4Flickr a go!
No need for an app...

Web Tools for your online business use the Flickr tool on this site.