Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2020, 07:05 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for participating, always interesting to see how different people approach a photograph.

Lidy, Love the light you have imparted to the colour version, some slight weirdness going on in the upper left where the land meets sky but for the overall atmosphere I like this one alot.
The added fogginess in the black and white is also very fitting, plus bonus points for going black and white as its very much where my head was taking this.

Pelto, You have brought out some great detail whilst keeping a bleak feeling to it and the close in crop works very well, bonus points for straightening it too.

Mariwalt, Interesting colour to your version giving it a brighter appearance, whilst I like the way you have cropped the path at the edge of frame (a technique I often use) I feel in this case the house being cut off loses something for the overall image.

Noelcmn, You have given the foreground colours a nice punch and I like the wide crop.

Jmacias, Again really like that close in crop concentrating on the 2 main elements and the portrait framing works surprisingly well too. A nice light airy feeling to this one.

Astonm, The extra blur nicely draws the attention along the path to the walkers and house beyond, I quite like the colour balance here too.

Tas, Really glad you came back to this, cracking vintage and slightly dark and foreboding feel to your version. Nice one.

Strobedumas, Nice black and white rendering and crop with the darker section at the bottom. The haloing is bothering me somewhat though.

JHfwp, You have really emphasised the misty character in your take, very good.

Bertwert, Again black and white is perfect for this image in my mind so glad too see you went that route. A very well balanced take on it, keeping the mist and slightly bleak feeling.

Tuggie76, Wow! That sky changes the character of the image completely, also appreciate the birds up there. You have blended the warmth down to the foreground really well here making it look very convincing. Nice job.

So to pick a winner, I like Lidy's versions as well as the 2 close in crops by jmacias and Pelto, and the slightly etheral mistiness of JHfwp's take. You haven't made picking one easy, but the one that grabs my attention going through the thread the most is the artistic rendition by Tas.

So congratulations to Tas for a superb take on the image, over to you for #338!

Of course thanks again for all the entries, enjoyed looking at them all.

---------- Post added 18-07-20 at 15:05 ----------

In case anyone want to see my version of this, black and white and grainy all the way.

07-18-2020, 08:50 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Tas, agree with Graeme, nice artistic rendition. Thanks Graeme for a wonderful image to play with, and the judging exercise!
07-18-2020, 12:07 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congrats Tas, and thanks to Graeme for a great image.
07-18-2020, 05:52 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Some great work all around. Thanks for hosting, graeme, and congrats, tas.

07-18-2020, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

Congratulations Tas!
Thanks graeme83 for hosting and for such a great photo.
07-18-2020, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #21
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

G'day, and thank you @graeme83 for the feedback on my efforts and selecting my version for PP Challenge #337.

Well done to the forum members who threw their hat in the ring and gave PP #337 a go. I hope you enjoyed working on Graeme's image and are up for another go in #338.

Do you choose to take Merlin's advice and lead the forum into greatness?

Then climb aboard your mighty steed, and meet me with the others knights at Camelot for Post Process Challenge #338 here: Challenge #338 - PentaxForums.com

Tas

(Yes I just watched Excalibur again)
07-19-2020, 01:32 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hahaha, great intro, Tas! Congrats, and @graeme83 thx for a great picture and your wise words and choice!

Last edited by lidy; 07-19-2020 at 04:08 AM.
07-19-2020, 02:56 AM   #23

Congrats to Tas, an thank you for The words Graeme