Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2020, 04:35 PM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From my 35mm film days, I remember the 28mm was recommended as the widest lens with the least distortion, I still have a Sigma 28mm Macro which does well on the K-1.

I have been using my recently repaired DA 40mm LTD on the K-1. Took afew pictures of approaching storms and rain. Otherwise, too busy to really capture any images of note.

08-08-2020, 12:31 PM - 2 Likes   #77
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
From my 35mm film days, I remember the 28mm was recommended as the widest lens with the least distortion
I also remember that I didn't need anything wider than 28 mm for "normal" photography (not mentioning fish eye etc). APSC does have certain drawbacks when using FF-designed lenses: zooms starting from 28-35 region (like 28-105 ; 35-70) are not that versatile.

I'm skipping today in both challenges (SiC and DiC); I did see some nice scenes but was very busy with putting the kitchen together after refurbishment. Instead of fighting for the safeties I decided to catch up with commenting.
08-08-2020, 07:10 PM - 1 Like   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I remember my old Minolta SLR. I had my normal lens (50mm), a 135mm tele, a 35mm wide angle lens, and I borrowed my fathers ultra wide 28 mm lens a few times. I also remember that those 24mm lenses were to die for and came at similar huge price. A price that now seems ridiculously cheep compared to what I've paid for a number of high end digital lenses. Go figure.
08-09-2020, 03:52 PM   #79
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
I also remember that I didn't need anything wider than 28 mm for "normal" photography (not mentioning fish eye etc). APSC does have certain drawbacks when using FF-designed lenses: zooms starting from 28-35 region (like 28-105 ; 35-70) are not that versatile.

I'm skipping today in both challenges (SiC and DiC); I did see some nice scenes but was very busy with putting the kitchen together after refurbishment. Instead of fighting for the safeties I decided to catch up with commenting.
I have a 17-50 Tamron 2.8. it could easily be my only lens.

08-09-2020, 04:33 PM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

After I got restarted in photography in 2008, K10d then K20d, I picked up my first * lens DA*16-50 f2.8, for a long time it was my go to lens for a lot of things. In those days, it could have been my only lens too.
08-09-2020, 04:39 PM - 1 Like   #81

Photos: Albums
I've never been really happy with wide angle lenses. The Vivitar 17mm lens last month was very difficult, partly because I didn't get out much and it's not really a garden lens, unless your garden is the size of Yorkshire. This months 200mm lens suits me better.
08-10-2020, 01:04 AM   #82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I am going to have to swap lenses. Only a small swap from the auto Takumar 35mm f3.5 to the smc Takumar 35mm f3.5. Ismo spotted blur on the edges of my shots and when I look closely it would appear the auto tak is slightly decentered! Initially I was going to sell it on but i would get very little so I am keeping it as a fun lens. So, today's are the last ones with the old boy!

08-10-2020, 01:17 AM - 1 Like   #83
Pentaxian

Been taking some shots before bed to keep my hand in and push myself but it's been difficult time-wise lately. I became an uncle for the first time a week ago today and my better half lost her nan, and with her the last of her grandparents, on Friday, so it's been emotionally mixed of late.
Should be able to sort through a few photos and upload some later and hopefully get a few comments in for the last couple of days.
08-10-2020, 02:18 AM - 1 Like   #84
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Been taking some shots before bed to keep my hand in and push myself but it's been difficult time-wise lately. I became an uncle for the first time a week ago today and my better half lost her nan, and with her the last of her grandparents, on Friday, so it's been emotionally mixed of late.
Should be able to sort through a few photos and upload some later and hopefully get a few comments in for the last couple of days.
Take care of the important things, we will be here when you get time
08-10-2020, 02:51 AM   #85
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Take care of the important things, we will be here when you get time
Much appreciated, Gary.
08-10-2020, 03:46 AM - 1 Like   #86
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote

no worries here - take your time and take care of those that need you...

we'll be here when you get back...
08-10-2020, 06:21 AM - 1 Like   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
no worries here - take your time and take care of those that need you...

we'll be here when you get back...
Thank you, PB.
I'll stick around but my, already fairly poor, interaction won't be any better than normal for sure.
08-12-2020, 06:52 PM - 2 Likes   #88
Site Supporter

I'm out as well, I need to focus more on my Film projects. Only so much time in the day.

Love you all, Had so much fun hanging out for a few months again.

Will try to return in the fall, gray days, leaves on the ground, people in the streets.

Here's some high grain Kodak Tmax 3200, with a film version of one of my shots from earlier

Resistance
by Eric Auer, on Flickr

Rest
by Eric Auer, on Flickr

After The Storm-b
by Eric Auer, on Flickr

Elevated
by Eric Auer, on Flickr
08-12-2020, 08:16 PM - 1 Like   #89
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful images Eric, we'll miss you for a while. Take care.
08-13-2020, 06:09 AM - 2 Likes   #90
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Eric Auer Quote
I'm out as well, I need to focus more on my Film projects. Only so much time in the day.

Love you all, Had so much fun hanging out for a few months again.

Will try to return in the fall, gray days, leaves on the ground, people in the streets.

Here's some high grain Kodak Tmax 3200, with a film version of one of my shots from earlier

Resistance
by Eric Auer, on Flickr

Rest
by Eric Auer, on Flickr

After The Storm-b
by Eric Auer, on Flickr

Elevated
by Eric Auer, on Flickr
Thanks for sharing Eric, lovely eye you have, enjoy the film work

Last edited by garywakeling; 08-14-2020 at 03:41 AM.