Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The 2020 Monthly Challenge - August - Stitch Panoramas

I'm starting the August thread early as well, because I'm going out of town...

This is a Monthly challenge to give us 12 different themes for the year to pursue photography - easy themes but themes that will make us have something to work on.

The full list containing each month's theme is at: The 2020 Monthly Challenge - PentaxForums.com

For June, the theme is "Stitch Panoramas". Even two pictures stitched together are ok!
If you don't have a program for stitching, download Microsoft ICE (Image Composite Editor). It's free and super-easy to use! Just load in your JPEG files, select the auto options, and you'll have a panorama in no time!

First, there are no awards... this is for fun only.

Second, it's not a "ok I posted my picture for the month, I'm done" challenge. It's meant so that you will have something to focus on every month. Ideally, you will post one picture every day based on the theme. But there's no pressure - no one's keeping tabs If you post one a week that's fine. If you post the best shot of the month that's fine too. Just go out and have fun and shoot, and hopefully be challenged to improve your photography.

Third, conversation is encouraged. What are you learning and what are you enjoying in regards to this month's theme?

NOTE: This is for pictures taken specifically for this challenge. There's already a panoramas theme thread, so if you have something old that you haven't posted yet, you can post it there.

NOTE 2: Let us know if you've participated in every month so far! No prizes but you have bragging rights!

1 Day Ago   #2
Pentaxian

A bump for the August challenge. And a shameless plug to check out a panorama I just posted in said pre-existing pano thread. There's nothing special about it, except that it was shot on film, and stitching it 20 years later actually worked.

Panorama-orama - Post your Panos - Page 157 - PentaxForums.com
1 Day Ago   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sir Nameless Quote
A bump for the August challenge. And a shameless plug to check out a panorama I just posted in said pre-existing pano thread. There's nothing special about it, except that it was shot on film, and stitching it 20 years later actually worked.

Panorama-orama - Post your Panos - Page 157 - PentaxForums.com
That is remarkable! well done.
14 Hours Ago   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Indeed, that worked out really well! Congratulations!