Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2020, 07:12 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Post-Processing Challenge #344 - SuperCub From the Air

Another round of thanks for graeme83 for picking me in the last round. Always wonderful to see all the pictures from around the world.

For PP Challenge #344 I've got a fresh one from last week for you. We're gonna do another airplane picture, but this time a full scale airplane. This is a Piper PA-18 Super-Cub used as a glider tow-tug - shot shortly after I had a good pull on the big yellow handle in the glider cockpit. We were up in the foothills of Mt. Rainier above Enumclaw, WA state. If you look real close, you can see the sky-scrapers in downtown Seattle there in the back, and a little bit of the Olympic Mountains off in the left. Spectacular view when you are up in the air!

But... the challenge part - Last Thursday the fires here in the Pacific Northwest were just starting to get bad, and the fire smoke was just starting to pour in from East of the Cascade mountains. You get to deal with the start of the fire smoke haze, compounded with the plexi-glass cockpit bubble. They left for a bit of a hazy, flat, and color-cast photo marred with some reflection. I'm hoping you can pull out the best of this scene.

Lets give it a week - entry up to Sept 17th - Judging on the 18th. - **Have fun - Enjoy!**

Here is a link to the DNG file : PPChallenge #344 - SuperCub From the Air

and a small preview for you.... ( don't use for your entry - if you need a full size jpg to play with, let me know)

For the next host:
The mediafire website is: mediafire.com
The login name is: ppchallenge@tmphillips.com
The password is: postprocessing

2 Days Ago   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very challenging. Not easy.
Going to add black and white, just because i think it's cool.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by mariwalt; 22 Hours Ago at 12:20 PM.
2 Days Ago   #3
Veteran Member

Here is my version. I kept more of the sky and less of the trees.
Attached Images

2 Days Ago - 3 Likes   #4
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You don't have to be mighty to be brave

I went in a different direction.

Tas

Last edited by Tas; 2 Days Ago at 03:03 AM.
1 Day Ago   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tried a few different things with this one but I wasn't happy, settled on a simple crop and warming of the colour balance. Left the reflection in as it seems part of the story to the image.

Name:  PPChallenge_344.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  244.3 KB