Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 144 Likes Search this Thread
10-24-2020, 05:12 AM - 2 Likes   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Greetings DIC friends. After completing 38 Daily in Challenges (plus 3 more incomplete months) and another 38 Single in Challenges, I’m calling it a day for what I suspect will be quite a while.
Sorry to see you go. I'll miss your photos and constructive comments on my photos. Cheers.

10-24-2020, 06:29 AM - 2 Likes   #92
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Greetings DIC friends. After completing 38 Daily in Challenges (plus 3 more incomplete months) and another 38 Single in Challenges, I’m calling it a day for what I suspect will be quite a while. Sincere thanks to those who have viewed, faved and/or commented on my images, whether to just acknowledge having viewed a picture, to have offered suggestions for improvement, or to contribute remarks in jest - just to stir the pot a bit and help build camaraderie within the group. I’ll still be participating in Pentax Forums, and on Flickr, but without the pressures of daily challenges. My thanks to Todd for establishing the group and setting up each month’s challenge for so long. Cheers!
I know you are quite the busy man and I can certainly see these challenges can create a little pressure, we will miss you here, but still "see you around".

I'll still be keeping track of you on Flickr, you are an awesome photographer and a friend!
10-24-2020, 10:15 AM - 2 Likes   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Greetings DIC friends. After completing 38 Daily in Challenges (plus 3 more incomplete months) and another 38 Single in Challenges, I’m calling it a day for what I suspect will be quite a while. Sincere thanks to those who have viewed, faved and/or commented on my images, whether to just acknowledge having viewed a picture, to have offered suggestions for improvement, or to contribute remarks in jest - just to stir the pot a bit and help build camaraderie within the group. I’ll still be participating in Pentax Forums, and on Flickr, but without the pressures of daily challenges. My thanks to Todd for establishing the group and setting up each month’s challenge for so long. Cheers!
You will be greatly missed! Thanks so much for the input and inspiration you’ve offered to so many of us.
10-24-2020, 10:47 AM - 2 Likes   #94
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Rod, the Challenges can definitely be a mixed blessing. I don't think I have ever managed more than three months in a row before "burning out" for a while, so yeah, I know what you mean. While you will be sorely missed I think nobody can say you haven't done your part to make the Challenges the friendly and helpful groups that they now are.

See you around the club house

Last edited by savoche; 10-25-2020 at 01:27 AM. Reason: trying to get at least three-letter names spelt right... :o
10-24-2020, 05:45 PM - 2 Likes   #95
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We'll leave a light on until you return.
10-24-2020, 06:28 PM - 4 Likes   #96
Pentaxian

After completing 38 Daily in Challenges (plus 3 more incomplete months) and another 38 Single in Challenges, I’m calling it a day for what I suspect will be quite a while.
I took a couple of years off and now I'm back. I like the discipline and motivation. In fact it's Covid 19 and working from home which allowed me to swap commuting time for dog walking photo opportunities. But I've also learnt it doesn't matter if I miss a day or two. Hope to see your photos again in the not too distant future. Should also mention that Todd is a champ for running this list for so long.
10-25-2020, 12:38 AM   #97
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Sad to see you go. I'll miss seeing your excellent and inspirational photography on a daily basis. You have definitely helped me become a better photographer with both your comments and your photographs.
QuoteOriginally posted by djb47 Quote
Sorry to see you go. I'll miss your photos and constructive comments on my photos. Cheers.
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I know you are quite the busy man and I can certainly see these challenges can create a little pressure, we will miss you here, but still "see you around".

I'll still be keeping track of you on Flickr, you are an awesome photographer and a friend!
QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
You will be greatly missed! Thanks so much for the input and inspiration you’ve offered to so many of us.
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Rob, the Challenges can definitely be a mixed blessing. I don't think I have ever managed more than three months in a row before "burning out" for a while, so yeah, I know what you mean. While you will be sorely missed I think nobody can say you haven't done your part to make the Challenges the friendly and helpful groups that they now are.

See you around the club house
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
We'll leave a light on until you return.
QuoteOriginally posted by officiousbystander Quote
Hope to see your photos again in the not too distant future. Should also mention that Todd is a champ for running this list for so long.
Thank you all for your very kind words; they're very much appreciated.

10-25-2020, 06:03 AM - 1 Like   #98
Pentaxian

Pleasure becoming acquainted with you, Rod. I’ve loved your inspirational shots, suffice to say you’re a very natural photographer.
Will be keeping an eye out for your shots on Flickr all the same!
10-25-2020, 06:31 AM - 1 Like   #99
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My Wife and I spent Saturday visiting our son at university, and walked the campus on an overcast day. I had a Promaster A 28-200mm Macro on the K-1. I'm not unhappy with it as a walk-around lens, though I think it needs sunnier conditions for a better evaluation it seems a bit soft at f8.
10-26-2020, 12:47 PM - 4 Likes   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Daily in November 2020 - discussion thread - PentaxForums.com
10-26-2020, 03:11 PM   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Todd.
10-26-2020, 11:27 PM - 1 Like   #102
Pentaxian

Fanx mang
10-27-2020, 05:36 AM - 1 Like   #103
Pentaxian

Diolch yn fawr! Thanks a lot!
10-27-2020, 07:24 AM - 2 Likes   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you all for your very kind words; they're very much appreciated.
Not having OzzRod in the daily in is like not having Sandy or Ismo in a sic! Too weird to contemplate! Surely, given how much you have given to us daily in irregulars, we can sort out a day pass! I just want to add to the thanks. You have given my lots of support and encouragement and I really appreciate it
10-28-2020, 02:19 PM - 1 Like   #105
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Not having OzzRod in the daily in is like not having Sandy or Ismo in a sic! Too weird to contemplate! Surely, given how much you have given to us daily in irregulars, we can sort out a day pass! I just want to add to the thanks. You have given my lots of support and encouragement and I really appreciate it
LOL - I'm sure you'll survive! And thank you sincerely for your generous remarks.