Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm in.

11-01-2020, 09:22 PM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I am not sure if it is my outdated iPad or some other reason, but Flickr is very difficult to use tonight.

Last night I was really frustrated by it: couldn’t comment via the web, and had to open each page in the Flickr app to add a comment. Made no sense.
11-02-2020, 01:15 AM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Its going to be interesting, what with lockdown#2 on the horizon. Mind you, we have a loophole. We are allowed to go out for purposes of recreation,
And exercise, including exercising dogs. No reason not to bring your camera then, too!
11-02-2020, 01:22 AM - 1 Like   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
I think I'm in - I've an idea what lens I'm going to be using, as it's a recent acquisition... That said, I might end up deciding against that and going for something COMPLETELY different.
So, as semi-anticipated, this happened. Was originally going to go for the CZJ Pancolar 50mm f/1.8 but instead, on the day, opted for the Samyang AF 45mm f/1.8. Will be enquiring into having the CJZ CLA'd as I had it for a stellar price, and the focus is a little 'aged', almost undoubtedly due to old grease.

Last edited by Benz3ne; 11-02-2020 at 01:28 AM.
11-02-2020, 01:30 AM - 2 Likes   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A bit late posting the picture from the first but I’m in for November. I find myself editing old stuff so need some new material and the Daily usually forces me to get creative.
11-02-2020, 03:15 AM - 2 Likes   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And exercise, including exercising dogs. No reason not to bring your camera then, too!
Bailey has been diagnosed with arthritis in his spine so his walkies are shorter. (Nature reserve, flora and fauna) but I still need my excersize so I will be having a mid day stroll (street and urban). So, if I ever say I have nothing to photograph, feel free to call BS
11-02-2020, 06:22 AM - 1 Like   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Bailey has been diagnosed with arthritis in his spine so his walkies are shorter. (Nature reserve, flora and fauna) but I still need my excersize so I will be having a mid day stroll (street and urban). So, if I ever say I have nothing to photograph, feel free to call BS
Sorry to hear of Bailey's diagnosis! Hopefully it's manageable and that he's trucking on regardless (as Spaniels tend to...).

11-02-2020, 07:44 AM - 1 Like   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So, as semi-anticipated, this happened. Was originally going to go for the CZJ Pancolar 50mm f/1.8 but instead, on the day, opted for the Samyang AF 45mm f/1.8. Will be enquiring into having the CJZ CLA'd as I had it for a stellar price, and the focus is a little 'aged', almost undoubtedly due to old grease.
On this challenge you can change lenses anytime so...
11-02-2020, 08:43 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
On this challenge you can change lenses anytime so...
Always good to be reminded, thank you! I might change lenses, but really I'm familiar with the SIC and I think spending a full month with a lens really pushes one to their limits. You note what works and what doesn't a little better (in my unprofessional opinion only)
11-02-2020, 09:10 AM - 1 Like   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Always good to be reminded, thank you! I might change lenses, but really I'm familiar with the SIC and I think spending a full month with a lens really pushes one to their limits. You note what works and what doesn't a little better (in my unprofessional opinion only)
Nothing wrong with that.
11-02-2020, 12:20 PM - 2 Likes   #41
Pentaxian

Cautiously going to try again after a complete write off last month.
11-02-2020, 01:09 PM - 2 Likes   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

When I can, I participate in both, the SIC for the reasons you mention, and this one to allow some variety, or if I use my iPhone or Ricoh WG-20 or the Theta, if I ever find it again. (Must tidy up the study!)
11-02-2020, 08:12 PM - 2 Likes   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a safety. Just no time yet to upload it. Might be delayed until tomorrow.
11-03-2020, 03:53 AM - 2 Likes   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry to hear of Bailey's diagnosis! Hopefully it's manageable and that he's trucking on regardless (as Spaniels tend to...).
The tablets he is on seem to be doing the job. We also have a memory foam bed for him. We just have to wait for it to fully inflate

Regarding the lenses, in the daily in you can switch all you like. Last month I did infrared on a Sony, street on a Fuji with a soligor lens and loads of Pentax stuff. This month I have rocked my 35mm limited, 21mm limited and an uber cheap chinon 135mm f2.8. I love the single in and want to do it with my auto yashinon 5.5cm but I have so many other lenses crying out for attention this is all about shooting
11-03-2020, 12:11 PM - 1 Like   #45
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

A bit late to the party, but I'll see if I can manage to build up enough steam to keep up through the month. It is Monovember, after all