Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2022, 04:09 AM   #91
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by turbo_bird Quote
Here's another knife on my kitchen table, I was playing around with a homemade softbox the other day.

Kristian
I have a couple Buck knives that look like that.

02-22-2022, 08:35 AM - 1 Like   #92
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
OK, this started out life as a gun. I built it for shooting auto racing events.

Many people still assume it is a gun when I take it out.

If they start asking what caliber it is, just say either 35mm or 200mm and see if you get a raised eye brow! Nice job on the conversion. You can't help if people are ignorant!

---------- Post added 02-22-22 at 10:36 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
One of my rifles. An M1903-A3, produced in January 1943 (according to a Remington production and serial number table I found).
The wood is in GREAT condition!
02-22-2022, 06:30 PM   #93
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
If they start asking what caliber it is, just say either 35mm or 200mm and see if you get a raised eye brow! Nice job on the conversion. You can't help if people are ignorant!
The lens I built it for is mounted in the picture, a Sigma 600 mm mirror.
02-26-2022, 11:19 PM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
One of these is not like the others. I shot my first ever rimfire PRS match today, and here's a shot of some of the rifles in the rack. Just a phone picture, as I didn't have any time to pull out my camera during the day.

Out of around 30 shooters, I think I was the only one shooting a rifle with a wood stock. And a happy twist is that competition shooters are using Arca Swiss rails for shooting accessories like bipods. I ended up somewhere near the middle of the pack, so not a terrible showing I guess. Our furthest target was 412m, and 27 out of 83 targets were at 200m or more. We were shooting from improvised shooting positions mostly with a bag or bipod, or both, with generally 10 targets per stage, two minute time limit, and some that required 5 different positions. I can see this getting addicting.
Kristian

03-01-2022, 08:45 AM   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WOW! 412 meters is like 450 yards! For a Rimfire that is LOOOONG! Even at 200 meters ( about 218 yards), that's about a 60 inch (5 foot) drop, About 36 foot drop at 450 yards! What were you aiming at, the moon??? Very challenging!
03-13-2022, 07:18 AM   #96
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
WOW! 412 meters is like 450 yards! For a Rimfire that is LOOOONG! Even at 200 meters ( about 218 yards), that's about a 60 inch (5 foot) drop, About 36 foot drop at 450 yards! What were you aiming at, the moon??? Very challenging!
It's a ways out there all right. The targets are all various shapes and sizes of steel, and the one at 459 yards was 18" wide x 30" tall.i had to back off the zoom on my scope a bit just to have the target in the field of view.
Kristian
09-01-2022, 05:41 AM - 1 Like   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had the range all to myself on my last visit and also had my camera bag in the car, so I figured I'd take some nice pictures of my 22 while I was there. Also tried a couple videos through a telephoto lens.

The big target was at 550 yards, and the plate rack is 280.
Kristian

09-01-2022, 11:12 AM   #98
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by turbo_bird Quote
I was tuning up some knives tonight, getting ready for butchering a couple cows at my parents' ranch tomorrow. The Norwegian Helle in the middle I inherited from my grandpa.

Kristian
I really like that Helle knife! I have 3 Helle knives myself, but they are all from 2014 or newer. That knife looks considerably older than mine. Helle is my favorite sheath knife maker. Thank you for posting!