Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
11-26-2020, 02:04 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Here's mine, I blended a B&W version with a coloured one.

Last edited by tuggie76; 02-05-2021 at 11:10 AM.
11-26-2020, 10:15 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Here's my version.
Attached Images

11-27-2020, 07:17 PM - 3 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

11-27-2020, 08:49 PM - 1 Like   #19
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is very close to one of the compositions I was considering.

But only one of them, so I will look at the other two instead.

Nice work BTW.

Tas

11-28-2020, 01:52 AM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Working with both

SOOC

11-28-2020, 07:00 AM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Plenty of entries to keep me busy here, another day yet so keep them coming. I will close it off about this time tomorrow.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
This is very close to one of the compositions I was considering.
I appreciate there is limited cropping options with such a tightly framed scene like this, so don't be put off by submitting the same one as Todd.
11-28-2020, 07:04 AM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by xs400 Quote
I felt like trying something different.
Reminds me of scene out of the 'Sting version' of Dune.

11-28-2020, 09:09 PM - 1 Like   #23
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's a version based on a different composition to the square or 4:5 ratios I was looking at. The bottom left paddock with sheep in the green field was drawing me in and once I found what I thought was a reasonably balanced frame I created a version of this image that is intended to draw the eye to specific areas of that frame.

Hope you like it.

Tas

Last edited by Tas; 11-29-2020 at 04:26 AM.
11-29-2020, 09:24 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Got preoccupied cutting a tree down but this is now closed. I'll be back later with my thoughts and the winner.
Thanks for the entries everyone, not made my job easy this week.

11-29-2020, 11:58 AM - 3 Likes   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Right then,

mariwalt. A nice bright interpretation to kick things off, the colours whilst bright and saturated are quite realistic and the blue sky helps lift it further. A nice effort.

Andrej. Quite different, the greens up front are great and you have really emphasised the browns on the hill side giving it a desolate feel, matched perfectly by that sky. Creating a completely different mood to the scene.

stevejo. I don't think I got a proper look at your first image. Greens again are nice and a good colour balance overall, despite being quite saturated I just feel its a bit dark, giving it a slightly muddy look. A bit brighter and more contrast on the hill side would of lifted it a lot I feel. The sky with that tinge of pink however is really nice.

Welshbhoy. Bright, crisp and saturated. Really like the overall look of this one.

xs400. Something a bit different indeed. Good on you. The bigger sky is a positive addition and well done, with or without the extra planets! I approve.

savoche. Light and airy whilst still retaining some useful contrast, combined with the toning gives it a slight vintage look.

astonm. In fact I did find a sheltered spot and sit there a good while taking it all in. A beautiful part of the world when you get days like this. A fantastic take on the image, you have got everything just so.

tmlawes. A nicely balanced version though still quite hazy on the distant layers.

photocles. I don't mind a bit of blown out sky, it happens and I won't loose any sleep over it. I like both your versions but I think I prefer the black and white, lets the light and shadow areas sing a bit more than the colour.

tuggie76. Really interesting effect, given the scene a much moodier appearance as if the sun had already gone and it was getting dark.

jmacias. Crisp and sharp, great definition on the hill side. The sky is distracting me a little bit though, but the lower half is great.

todd. A nice crop, one that I went with myself with this image. It seems a natural choice to make the most of that zig zag through the scene. Nice black and white conversion.

noelcmn. An interesting choice to level out the foreground layer, not something I thought of but it works pretty well making the peak at the rear seem more imposing. A nice variation on colour across your versions, my favourite is the first black and white, you have got the contrast just right.

Tas. Similar crop to Todd and me as well, again its a crop I think works really well with this image and I like that you included a bit more of the far hillside than Todd did. Bright and airy whilst still providing a little pop where its needed. I really like how the light is portrayed across the middle layer in particular.

Not an easy one to pick from all these fantastic entries. But for making me feel like I am back up there enjoying that splendid view it has to astonm's version for the win. For second place its between the 2 close in crops of todd and Tas, with Tas just edging ahead. Then to round up third place is tuggie76 for the moodier edge.

So congratulations to astonm for winning and over to you for #352

Thanks once again for all the entries and looking forward to next weeks challenge.
11-29-2020, 12:15 PM   #26
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats to Laurie for wonderful processing and a deserved win And a big thank you to Graeme for a super challenge and judging!
11-29-2020, 12:16 PM   #27
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
Got preoccupied cutting a tree down
I'm sure you meant "giving a tree a deep crop"...
11-29-2020, 12:34 PM   #28
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yes, not actually chopped it down, just a good trim.
11-29-2020, 12:59 PM   #29
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Thanks for an interesting challenge and congrats to Laurie. That was my favourite too.
11-29-2020, 01:13 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done.