Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 205 Likes Search this Thread
11-25-2020, 12:09 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm in , with the F28 or something else that changes on the first............. wh knows

11-25-2020, 12:37 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm in. I fancy something old and manual and not macro.
11-25-2020, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been wanting to see what this lens is all about, so I will be using a Pentax 2.8 40mm on my K-x. Any observations about that lens are very welcome.
11-25-2020, 01:34 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sam_I_am Quote
It seems to be a little daunting. The part where you said it's easier than you think.

So the picture can be of anything, just as long as you use the same lens, correct? Or does the picture have to be of a single object?

All discussion about anyones picture is in this thread, correct?

Hmmmm...my only Pentax dslr is a KX, and I have not used any prime on it yet, or used manual mode, or done any post production work...so a true newbie is what you will get. That, and we are in the rainy season so most of my pics would be rather gray and gloomy unless I take them indoors. Hmmmm...

My son did just get lightroom, maybe I could get his help for editing as he figures that program out.

Oh, what the hey...count me in. Now where is that thread again?
Welcome to the challenge

This is the place to learn, so you've come into right place.

Pictures can be of anything, thought there are few theme days, as mentioned in opening post, when it would be polite to shoot according to theme, if you don't have reason to do otherwise. Someone always simply forgets theme day or has some specific reason to shoot something else that day.

On the group page there is always thread for the day to leave the shots. Most of us use flickr to post SIC photos, cause that provides easy platform to comment shots. Personally I have specific free account made just for SIC. Running on second free account ATM. Common conversation under this thread.

Try to provide shots from each day even if you are not satisfied with what you got.There will be days when you can't provide your best. Personally I find those weak posts motivating to do better next day.

You may provide OOC jpg's if you like, but of course this is a good reason to learn post processing.

Choose a lens you know you like for the first month. I believe it makes it easier.

11-25-2020, 01:57 PM   #20
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I have been wanting to see what this lens is all about, so I will be using a Pentax 2.8 40mm on my K-x. Any observations about that lens are very welcome.
is that the M or the DA version?
11-25-2020, 02:05 PM - 2 Likes   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
is that the M or the DA version?
It is the M
11-25-2020, 02:08 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

All discussion about anyones picture is in this thread, correct?
Not quite. This thread is for general discussion about the challenge, and any other social chat we feel like.

Comments about specific photos should be left on their host website; in most cases that is Flickr, but other hosting services (even the one here at Pentax Forums) are fine.

Great to have a new face in the group!

11-25-2020, 03:55 PM - 1 Like   #23

Oh, what the hey...count me in.
Welcome aboard, it's a friendly group. This is a great way to learn about your lens of the month, and it's certainly improved my eye for an image over the last couple of years. I don't always manage to get a photo every day, but I do take the camera with me everywhere nowadays. The only problem is that it might encourage the dreaded lens buying addiction, just a bit.......
11-26-2020, 04:40 AM - 2 Likes   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
it's more of a support thread
We're like a social club with a photography problem....

I'm in, hopefully more consistently. The lens choice is undecided.
11-26-2020, 09:39 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zubzubadoodle Quote
Welcome aboard, it's a friendly group. This is a great way to learn about your lens of the month, and it's certainly improved my eye for an image over the last couple of years. I don't always manage to get a photo every day, but I do take the camera with me everywhere nowadays. The only problem is that it might encourage the dreaded lens buying addiction, just a bit.......
I don't know about buying more...yet. I still need to use all the ones I already bought. 😉
11-26-2020, 10:18 AM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I still need to use all the ones I already bought.
Single In is certainly is a great way to do that. Daily In is slightly different in that many of us use it as an opportunity to post an image using a lens (or a different camera) other than the one we committed to using for SIC.

Most of us are open to critiques of whatever we post, and even freer to offer the same. That is also useful for assessing a lens or one's own abilities.
11-26-2020, 03:37 PM - 4 Likes   #27

Decembers lens will be a Jupiter 11A 135mm f4 preset. I have two of these, for some reason that I'm sure was obvious at the time, so it will be the one that hasn't been singled before.
11-27-2020, 01:51 AM - 1 Like   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking forward to getting outside my comfort zone.
11-27-2020, 08:14 AM - 1 Like   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is the M
I think I onw a copy of the same lens, but I haven't used it on my K-1. Hmmmm....
11-27-2020, 12:42 PM - 4 Likes   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Pentax KP has been ordered, and I won the auction for the Pentax-A 50mm f/2.8 macro. So looks like I'm all set for December. I'll have the lens before the 1st, but the camera may or may not get here by then. I'll sub it in as soon as it arrives. I have to admit, I'm pretty excited.