Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 205 Likes Search this Thread
12-01-2020, 01:30 PM   #61
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
Okay, I joined the group, I've uploaded a photo to an album that I created and now I cannot find the thread for the challenge. I can get into it by doing a search but that gets laborious and tedious if I do it every day. How the heck do I see any comments made or view other photos to make comments? Have I missed something somewhere?
You need to get to the monthly photo challenges group page: Monthly Photo Challenges - PentaxForums.com
Usually there's link ready in notifications. If not I usually click my name on top right corner and from that page choose photo challenges group. There's probably also other ways to find the group, but most of the time I go thru notification, so I haven't bothered to find out.

Australian members, or me, usually open thread for each day where you post the shot. Commenting is done to the shots. Typically in Flickr.

EDIT: And Welcome

12-01-2020, 01:32 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Okay, I joined the group, I've uploaded a photo to an album that I created and now I cannot find the thread for the challenge. I can get into it by doing a search but that gets laborious and tedious if I do it every day. How the heck do I see any comments made or view other photos to make comments? Have I missed something somewhere?
It took me a bit as well.

At the homepage. Near the top(if you use the full site, at the three bars top right if you are using the simplified format) you will find the topic "groups", or "subscribed groups". You will then find the thread you need.
12-01-2020, 01:33 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
You need to get to the monthly photo challenges group page: Monthly Photo Challenges - PentaxForums.com
Usually there's link ready in notifications. If not I usually click my name on top right corner and from that page choose photo challenges group. There's probably also other ways to find the group, but most of the time I go thru notification, so I haven't bothered to find out.

Australian members, or me, usually open thread for each day where you post the shot. Commenting is done to the shots. Typically in Flickr.

EDIT: And Welcome
Well, I do not have Flickr, Instagram, Facebook
or the other social media accounts so am I screwed?
12-01-2020, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #64
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I do not have Flickr, Instagram, Facebook
or the other social media accounts so am I screwed?
You can also use Pentax Forums, so no problem. Thought I would encourage to create Flickr account just for the challenge even if you don't use it otherwise, as it allows you to comment on others shots also. First 1000 shots are for free and that takes several months to fill, if you put in one per day. You can create free email address just for it, if you don't want to use your own, so it can be made anonymous.

My Flickr account is just for the challenge, thought I'm currently using second free account as first got full. My other shots are elsewhere.

12-01-2020, 01:59 PM - 1 Like   #65
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well I couldn't find my K55/1.8 so I'm in with a K55/2. Unlike the M series, the two K lenses are optically identical so it shouldn't make any difference image quality wise.

Tech problems roll on so just to say I am taking pictures, and hopefully soon can post a whole bunch.
12-01-2020, 02:14 PM - 1 Like   #66
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Well I couldn't find my K55/1.8 so I'm in with a K55/2. Unlike the M series, the two K lenses are optically identical so it shouldn't make any difference image quality wise.
Why there is two versions then?
12-01-2020, 02:49 PM - 1 Like   #67
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great to see some new participants!
This old participant is bailing though. Have a great Christmas everyone

12-01-2020, 02:50 PM   #68
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ivan Quote
I can't find how to join this event. Since I will have to take pictures in the snow, rain, on the way to work and back, I have one option k7 and 18-55wr.
I saw your first post. Commenting is not allowed at the moment. If you'd like to receive cemments from other group members, you should allow comments. If not then all's good
12-01-2020, 02:51 PM   #69
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Why there is two versions then?
If I remember correctly - the K55/2 was originally a kit lens

it's identical to the K55/1.8 in all aspects, but just not a 1.8 on the aperture ring...

wasn't the K55/2 only made for a couple of years, and replaced by the 1.8 as the kit lens???
12-01-2020, 03:37 PM   #70
Pentaxian

I saw your first post. Commenting is not allowed at the moment. If you'd like to receive cemments from other group members, you should allow comments. If not then all's good
To be honest, I don't know how to enable comments. Tell me how.
12-01-2020, 04:05 PM   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To be honest, I don't know how to enable comments. Tell me how.
If you scroll down the Flickr page there are some options on the right called Additional Information. One of these is Allow commenting which controls who can comment. I generally have it set to any Flickr user.
12-01-2020, 04:23 PM   #72
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
If you scroll down the Flickr page there are some options on the right called Additional Information. One of these is Allow commenting which controls who can comment. I generally have it set to any Flickr user.
It seems to have worked out. Thanks for the help.
12-01-2020, 04:37 PM   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It seems to have worked out. Thanks for the help.
You're welcome. That's what we are here for. I seem to remember having a few problems when I started too.
12-01-2020, 05:34 PM   #74
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
This old participant is bailing though. Have a great Christmas everyone
Off to parts unknown on some adventure? Merry Christmas to you and yours, and have a Happy New Year!

I went to my friendly local camera store and purchased a used Pentax 300mm f4. It seemed to be in good shape and very sharp . The owner gave me a good deal on it, so I am taking a chance. Not sure if I will use it for SIC this month, It doesn't fit into the plans I have, but we will see once I DL the test shots of several lenses from earlier in the day. I am sure the 300 will get some time in the Daily In this month.
12-01-2020, 05:39 PM - 1 Like   #75
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Off to parts unknown on some adventure?
I wish! No, just cross with myself for missing a photo for day 1. I promised Cerebum that I would switch to the DA20-40 to help convince him he doesn't need to buy one.

The photos I took this morning might serve that purpose well