Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 208 Likes Search this Thread
01-03-2021, 02:28 PM - 2 Likes   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
No need to hurry with ideas. You got all year

Truly huge rispect if you pull this off. My first year of continuous shooting already felt like big accomplishment and I changed lens each month.

I’ve been shooting daily for a while now; missed just two days since June 2010. So it’s just the not-changing-lens thing.

And yes, all year to find some inspiration

01-04-2021, 01:12 AM   #107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Hmmm , nice idea, but I will have to wait until 2024, love my FA* 24mm
You're lucky, my first love is the 35mm

---------- Post added 01-04-21 at 01:18 AM ----------

A whole year with one lens? OK, I could do that with the 21mm limited, and the 35mm limited and probably the 18-135mm. The IQ of the 21 is glorious as is front to back sharpness. I would be very much in for @Ozzrod idea of one per month on the 21st. Does the 21 mm have its own thread like the 135mm & 40mm?

Tsuken, you know what you have to do! Your idea! Start the 21 in 21 thread then your name is on it in perpetuity and I, for one, am in (not for the year but at least one per month )

---------- Post added 01-04-21 at 01:21 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
The concept appeals greatly, but not the daily torture involved. Going to a lesser extreme, another objective could be to capture an image on the 21st of each month using the DA21 variants. Only yields 12 images for the year but that may push creativity towards quality rather than sausage making. Or, 21 images made in 21 different fortnights, using DA21 variants, with five fortnights to revisit specific shots in different light, weather, season for comparative purposes. Again, plenty of time for creativity. Just my two cents worth.
This is just genius, Tsuken, In the words of the cap (Picard) Make it so!

Last edited by Cerebum; 01-04-2021 at 01:19 AM.
01-04-2021, 01:31 AM   #108
Pentaxian

Single in January 2021

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
You're lucky, my first love is the 35mm

---------- Post added 01-04-21 at 01:18 AM ----------

A whole year with one lens? OK, I could do that with the 21mm limited, and the 35mm limited and probably the 18-135mm. The IQ of the 21 is glorious as is front to back sharpness. I would be very much in for @Ozzrod idea of one per month on the 21st. Does the 21 mm have its own thread like the 135mm & 40mm?

Tsuken, you know what you have to do! Your idea! Start the 21 in 21 thread then your name is on it in perpetuity and I, for one, am in (not for the year but at least one per month )

---------- Post added 01-04-21 at 01:21 AM ----------

This is just genius, Tsuken, In the words of the cap (Picard) Make it so!

I don’t believe the DA21 has its own thread, no.

As I understand things (if I understand things), a 21 in 21 thread would be photo game rather than lens club? Strangely I can’t access those forums (photo games) in the Tapatalk app - and our internet connection has gone phut so I can’t jump on the Mac. So I’ll have to do it once the iPad’s charged a bit more.

First world problems...

Edit ... maybe it’s other forums/fora I can’t access in Tapatalk... let’s have a poke about

---------- Post added 4th Jan 2021 at 07:54 PM ----------

Ok then...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/4...c-21-21-a.html
01-04-2021, 03:33 AM - 1 Like   #109
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
I don’t believe the DA21 has its own thread, no.
FWIW, there are two threads showcasing the 21mm line, one has gone on for years, but once I unsubscribed I was not able to find it again.

Using only one lens and camera combo can pay off in results as one gains deep understanding of the capabilities. It amuses me to think of using only one lens for a year as a challenge. Back in my early film SLR days, I could only afford a secondhand K1000 and a 50mm lens, so I used that combo for several years, replacing it when it was stolen. This second used copy had a 135mm lens and was mistakenly left with a friend just before he shipped out to circumnavigate the world a few times with the Coast Guard. I'd replaced it with a third used copy, replacing the 50mm with a Sigma 28mm Macro.

During all that time I never felt hindered by only having one lens, and I made some very good images since I knew each combo's abilities very well.

Last edited by robgski; 01-04-2021 at 03:54 AM.
01-04-2021, 04:56 AM   #110
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
as if the Daily and Single weren't masochistic enough....

(:
01-04-2021, 12:10 PM - 1 Like   #111
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I really should fall in love with 85 to keep me safe from such foolishness
I'm in love

Gonna be painful to wait until February. I should've gone for late start with 85.
01-04-2021, 12:30 PM - 3 Likes   #112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in love

Gonna be painful to wait until February. I should've gone for late start with 85.
As the rules are explicit, and violation of any of them involves severe punishment, I cant imagine why you couldnt make a change mid month. I suggest submitting a change application in triplicate to the appropriate regulatory authorities with affidavit to the effect you will shoot more than a month with the new Single In lens (February and balance of January).

elät vain kerran

01-04-2021, 12:45 PM - 2 Likes   #113
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
As the rules are explicit, and violation of any of them involves severe punishment, I cant imagine why you couldnt make a change mid month. I suggest submitting a change application in triplicate to the appropriate regulatory authorities with affidavit to the effect you will shoot more than a month with the new Single In lens (February and balance of January).

elät vain kerran
Your finnish is excellent, but that would ruin my almost perfect SIC record. I just can't do it. I couldn't forgive myself. Mans gotta do what's man gotta do, so I go brevely till the end and then I can take as many months I like with 85.
01-04-2021, 02:12 PM   #114
Pentaxian

elät vain kerran

LOLOLOLOLOL
01-04-2021, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #115
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just can't do it. I couldn't forgive myself.
Using alternate lenses and cameras to take a break from the monthly SIC combo is why the Daily In is so appealing. Think of DIC as an outlet to practice shooting and get feedback on so you can start SIC strong in February.

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
as if the Daily and Single weren't masochistic enough....
I've never done a 365 project, so this could get interesting. Using the SDA 21mm every day is not a chore, but my life will get busier soon, if I'm responsible anyway, so uploading daily while maintaining some sort of quality will be the challenge.
01-04-2021, 03:35 PM   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Your finnish is excellent,
I am not a Finnish speaker - but there are a few in my social circle - Canada has one of the largest Ex Pat Fin populations, and my wife is half Fin by way of Sudbury, Ontario. We just got a fresh batch of pulla out of the oven(Cardamon Sweet Bread)... smells fantastic! We're all looking forward to yelling at the TV for a Canada Finland World Junior Hockey Final
01-04-2021, 06:04 PM   #117
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I am not a Finnish speaker - but there are a few in my social circle - Canada has one of the largest Ex Pat Fin populations, and my wife is half Fin by way of Sudbury, Ontario. We just got a fresh batch of pulla out of the oven(Cardamon Sweet Bread)... smells fantastic! We're all looking forward to yelling at the TV for a Canada Finland World Junior Hockey Final
Just woke up at 3am to watch the USA-FIN semifinal If we win, it won't be as easy for Canada as was the game during series.

There are some distant relatives from my wifes side living in Canada. Near Ontario if I remember correctly.
01-04-2021, 06:32 PM   #118
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just woke up at 3am to watch the USA-FIN semifinal If we win, it won't be as easy for Canada as was the game during series.

There are some distant relatives from my wifes side living in Canada. Near Ontario if I remember correctly.
Likely IN Ontario... Ontario has greater landmass than France And Spain combined. Thunder Bay Ontario has about 12,000 Fin and Sudbury and area another 9,000 or so.

An hour to go for the puck drop - Good luck
01-04-2021, 06:43 PM   #119
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

An hour to go for the puck drop - Good luck
Thanks. Luck would be welcome. By numbers USA should win, but finns like to go in as underdogs and put up a fight
01-04-2021, 09:58 PM   #120
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks. Luck would be welcome. By numbers USA should win, but finns like to go in as underdogs and put up a fight
A terrific match - Finland played super. If they play like that against Russia they’ll medal.