Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
12-31-2020, 10:23 PM - 1 Like   #16
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Went for something straight forward this time, transformed the frame to take the lean out and cropped to a non-standard frame to allow me to keep some sky. I removed the CA, added to the colours then went with a split tone, some tidying up and a few other tweaks to hopefully create a unique version.

Tas

01-01-2021, 08:00 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Went for something straight forward this time, transformed the frame to take the lean out and cropped to a non-standard frame to allow me to keep some sky. I removed the CA, added to the colours then went with a split tone, some tidying up and a few other tweaks to hopefully create a unique version.

Tas
I like the simplicity. Nice, natural sky.
01-02-2021, 11:14 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Just added a bit of drama!

Last edited by tuggie76; 06-07-2021 at 06:24 PM.
01-03-2021, 09:58 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
There have been quite a few entries this week. There is still time to submit entries. I will review them from 8am on 4th Jan(GMT) and try to decide on a winner.

01-03-2021, 11:51 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Hope I'm not too late.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
01-04-2021, 01:14 AM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone who has had a go at my shot of St. Botolph’s Church which was quite difficult getting the shot in as it is surrounded by lots of trees hence the overhanging foliage. Quite difficult to decide between them but here goes;

Michail_P #1.
A nice interpretation. I see where you are coming from regarding the “postcard” look. The shadows are maybe too intense.

#2 Another good job. The perspective fix is good. It certainly captured the early summer look.

Kerrowdown.
I really like the overall look of this one. You have nice warm colours and nice sky too.

Pelto
Lovely B&W conversion with just enough detail in the deep shadows and interesting additions to the sky.

MortenV #1
Interesting how the Provia emulation has brought out the reds. This works well with the flowers although it gives the stonework a good tone compared to the slight greenish tint of the original which I think I prefer overall.

#2 The tighter crop on the left is an improvement although the electricity cables are more distracting in this version. Good colours in the flowers and sky.

Todd
Certainly an interesting crop. It does address the slightly awkward perspective of the right hand side.

Mariwalt
Quite nicely done. I think the sky suits the picture as the shadows show this is the middle part of the day rather than sunrise/sunset. I would have allowed a little more room at the top to get that last pinnacle in the frame.

XS400
Wow! That is drama for you. Wouldn’t like to be out there on a night like that.

Apet-Sure
I wondered if anyone would include the grand conjunction and here we are. Interesting use of a negative effect to simulate the night and those planets really catch the eye.

TAS
Lovely straightforward processing leaving us with a very natural look and good colours with the flowers.

Tuggie76
Another nice B&W conversion with not too deep shadows. Interesting addition to the sky. Probably a bit more like the lightning we would expect in England.

So hard to choose, but I am going for;

1st MortonV (#1 provia emulation)
2nd Kerrowdown
3rd Todd

Thanks again for everyone for giving this a go, congratulations to MortonV and happy new year to all of you.
01-04-2021, 09:42 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Well done MortonV, Kerrowdown & Todd, very nice renditions, and thanks Steve for posting such a nice 'chocolate box' piccy.

01-04-2021, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Get your Milk Tray here!
01-04-2021, 11:12 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great tries! Thanks for sharing the photo. Can’t wait to see what’s going to be the next from MortonV!
01-04-2021, 01:45 PM   #25
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by tuggie76 Quote
Well done MortonV, Kerrowdown & Todd
Thank you.
01-05-2021, 05:01 PM   #26
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevejo Quote
So hard to choose, but I am going for;1st MortonV (#1 provia emulation)2nd Kerrowdown3rd ToddThanks again for everyone for giving this a go, congratulations to MortonV and happy new year to all of you.
G'day mate,

Thanks for hosting PP Challenge #355 and for providing some feedback on the challenge images submitted.

Did you drop a PM to @MortonV to let them know about the results and them being host?

If not I'd recommend you do so in case they're not aware of the need to set up #356.

Tas
01-06-2021, 12:51 AM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
G'day mate,

Thanks for hosting PP Challenge #355 and for providing some feedback on the challenge images submitted.

Did you drop a PM to @MortonV to let them know about the results and them being host?

If not I'd recommend you do so in case they're not aware of the need to set up #356.

Tas
I sent a pm, will resend just in case. Looks like he has gone offline for a couple of days.
Ok have resent a message to MortonV. The last activity on that account was 29th Dec. If I don't hear back by the end of the day maybe one of the runners up will give it a go.

Last edited by stevejo; 01-06-2021 at 01:01 AM.
01-06-2021, 03:21 AM   #28
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
If I don't hear back by the end of the day maybe one of the runners up will give it a go.
If no reply I'd be happy to help out... but as I did it last week perhaps Todd would fancy a crack at it?
01-06-2021, 09:19 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
If no reply I'd be happy to help out... but as I did it last week perhaps Todd would fancy a crack at it?
Ok haven't heard back from MortonV. Will PM Todd to see if he want a go.

PM sent to Todd.
01-06-2021, 09:40 AM - 1 Like   #30
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok haven't heard back from MortonV. Will PM Todd to see if he want a go.

PM sent to Todd.
Sounds like a plan.