Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 369 Likes Search this Thread
01-03-2021, 09:04 AM - 1 Like   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
Des;5180640]With these constraints (and confining yourself to only one from the Costa Rica trip), you have provided a remarkably varied and interesting set Steven.
QuoteQuote:
baro-nite;5180454]Nicely varied set. I particularly like the blue urban/industrial tableau, the beetle macro, and the Bank Swallows.
Thanks for the encouraging comments baro-nite and Des. The Ricoh GR-III has been a revelation - such a tiny camera that can do so much.

01-03-2021, 06:08 PM - 3 Likes   #47
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Like most people, I did not get out much this year. However, the Lyon air museum is 15 minutes away. In addition to the airplanes, they have a small collection of military vehicles, and a rotating showing of cars.
Interesting set of images and stories. The aircraft in flight is a fine capture. And I particularly like the kids chimping the photo. The Slickpic links are good for viewing, but they don't show any EXIF info - might help if you could add at least camera/lens details in your post.
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I started the project to learn to understand the differences between lenses on the same series. I had already about half of the lenses and most of the better one's, so it was easy to fill the gaps. I learned so much during the process that it was definitely worth the time and money invested. It was also fun.
I notice that you have shared a lot of your learning through reviews etc. That will be very helpful to many people.
QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
You're too kind, Des Regarding the planning part... that wasn't much more than remembering to grab the camera, two lenses and the tripod when I saw the magical light through the window. When I had set the tripod down halfway under a tree on the golf course I realised that I didn't even have some paper tissues with me to wipe raindrops off the front lens - I did so with my shirt in between shots, moving the camera a little and ruining the composition in the process
That is such a vivid description - I can picture it all. Meanwhile, the storm is approaching, the rain is coming down, and you are so keen to get the shot that you are oblivious to the possibility of being zapped by lightning yourself. Been there myself!
QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
The work you put into the creation of your panoramas really pays off, they are always spectacular, as are the photos of the Australian animals. I always enjoy looking at your work.
Thanks so much - I appreciate your encouragement. I feel I have an unfair advantage with so much wildlife and striking landscapes to photograph - a strong subject masks one's deficiencies!
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
My 10... mostly form Kangaroo Island and the Flinders Ranges.....
Marvellous set Noel. Every single one is great.

Last edited by Des; 01-04-2021 at 12:20 AM.
01-03-2021, 06:37 PM - 11 Likes   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Four for me. Don't want to break any rules!!

01-03-2021, 07:03 PM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Interesting set of images and stories. The aircraft in flight is a fine capture. And I particularly like the kids chimping the photo. The Slickpic links are good for viewing, but they don't show any EXIF info - might help if you could add at least camera/lens details in your post.
Thanks. I've added the exif for the curious :-)

01-04-2021, 04:55 PM - 11 Likes   #50
Veteran Member

Hi all,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

For me, this has been a difficult year because I'm a concert and event photographer. I got to use 2020 to expand my vision with some landscapes this year.

Beautiful Autumn Day
by John Rudolph, on Flickr

Father and Daughter

A walk on the beach

A day at Mount Rainier National Park

A day at Mount Rainier National Park

Love this woman! She was so nice to photograph today

Chihuly Glass Museum - Tacoma Wa

Admiring The Evening Sky
01-05-2021, 08:35 AM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Some amazing images so far. I'm sure it has been a theme for everyone this year that things just weren't in our comfort zone, but I guess when life gives you lemons, you just hope you have some delectable seafood to go with it. Or something like that.
01-07-2021, 10:30 AM - 8 Likes   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agree, wonderful inspirational stuff in this thread. Feel ashamed to be adding my ten, but seeing as I've done if before.

Kids from the orphanage where I work will always feature

Lockdown exercises

01-07-2021, 02:34 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Feel ashamed to be adding my ten, but seeing as I've done if before.
Nothing to be ashamed of i your set, I especially like the building-sky reflection.
01-13-2021, 12:07 PM - 7 Likes   #54
Pentaxian

It's taken me a while, but here goes.... it's 12... apologies.

01-16-2021, 03:58 PM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It's taken me a while, but here goes.... it's 12... apologies.

Only 12?
01-19-2021, 11:04 PM - 4 Likes   #56
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Okay, if we're doing the splitting into two posts thing, here's Part A:

01-19-2021, 11:09 PM - 3 Likes   #57
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

And Part 2. A miserable year mainly - 100 day lockdown required in Melbourne to eliminate Covid.

01-20-2021, 12:01 AM - 1 Like   #58
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well you certainly made the most of your opportunities @Clackers. Fine set. Love the diversity in your portraits - they are all striking and engaging, but in different ways.

@bschriver11 @john5100 @noelcmn @normhead - enjoyed all of these. Thanks for sharing.
01-20-2021, 06:08 AM   #59
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Only 12?
Ya, slow year, my Facebook post was 14, so I did try and cut down a bit.